*Where* are you planning to buy the iPad 3 from?

Where will you buy the iPad 3 from

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
Last year I bought mine from the Apple online store and had no issues with that, however this year I will be going a different route. I'll being getting mine from the Apple Store at the Christiana Mall in Delaware. My main reason for this is to save the $50 or so I would pay in tax if I bought online or at the Apple Store at the Annapolis mall in Maryland.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
Last year i went to best buy around 2pm and was 3rd in line. Waited 3 hours. I think that would be the best way to go again.

Civicsixxx

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
New Castle, DE
Last year I bought mine from the Apple online store and had no issues with that, however this year I will be going a different route. I'll being getting mine from the Apple Store at the Christiana Mall in Delaware. My main reason for this is to save the $50 or so I would pay in tax if I bought online or at the Apple Store at the Annapolis mall in Maryland.
I will most likely be at the same store unless online pre-orders are available this time. I have gift cards from xmas so I will be buying from Apple regardless.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Oops. I clicked Apple store before I looked at the online option!

Anyway, I'll be buying from Apple online or Best Buy. I think half the fun is waiting in line at the Apple store, but the closest one to me in three and a half hours way! And I don't know if I'll be able to skip a day of school to go to Best Buy. :rolleyes:

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
Last year i went to best buy around 2pm and was 3rd in line. Waited 3 hours. I think that would be the best way to go again.
The thing that concerns me about Best Buy is that last year many stores did not have all the models on launch day. I'm not one to buy whatever's available and return it for what I really wanted later on. Same deal with Target.

Emoo

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Texas
Maybe AppleCare+ will be offered. If so, I bet it's to compete with Best Buys "Black Tie".
If they do start to offer AppleCare+ for iPads, I'd get it online in a heartbeat. It'd probably be cheaper than Black Tie, and I sort of want to get it engraved... XD

MacAttacka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
This is the picture I saw last year. In non-Apple retailers, you had little to no wait if they had any stock even on launch day. I could have picked up half a dozen iPad 2s from various stores in London the day after launch. The rumors we're hearing is the Apple have enough stock for iPhone like demand. Online is the easiest option although I must say, most people going to the Apple store are just getting caught up in the hysteria. I'd be interested to hear if anyone who queued up for hours/days outside the Apple store would do it again.

Nevertheless, very interesting results.

NikeTalk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Got mine from Macconnection which was tax free and free 2 day shipping so hopefully them again. It's always a hassle trying to get an Apple product from the Apple store on launch or soon after imo.

MrKennedy

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
If the iPad 3 is a knockout and I'm compelled to buy at launch I'll stop by the Apple store a week after release day during my lunch. I work 3 blocks from an Apple store, and if they're out I'll just order online. I don't mind waiting.

I think I waited a whole month after the 4S came out and I didn't have a problem grabbing 3 for our family on a Saturday at the Apple Store.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
i did the same. got there at 3pm was 25th in line walked out with white 16gb
wifi around 6p

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
I'll just order from Apple online this time. If I get one... telling myself I do need to actually wait and see what's announced to see if it'll be worth the upgrade from my iPad 2.

With the iPad 2 I was ordering two, so did so via the Apple online store even though the wait was a couple of weeks. Then I got word that some other online retailer had stock, Currys or something like that, so put in an order there.

They then turned around saying they were out of stock, so I cancelled.

Fast forward a while and I ended up with four iPad 2's. Kept them in the end, they were easy enough to find homes for, but this time I'll try and keep things simple!

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Got mine from Macconnection which was tax free and free 2 day shipping so hopefully them again. It's always a hassle trying to get an Apple product from the Apple store on launch or soon after imo.
DARN! Unless you live in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire or Oregon Macconnection is no longer tax free :mad: according to an email I just received from them:

[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] PC Connection Express Web Customer Care [mailto:customercare@pcconnectionexpress.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 6:15 PM
To: '='ME'
Subject: RE: iPad 3[/FONT]

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We sometimes do have stock available on the day Apple releases a new product though we won’t know for sure until that day. You may check back with us on the 7th to inquire as to what might be in stock. We don’t have a pre-order list and d[FONT=&quot]ue to recent changes in our business operations, we are now required to collect sales tax in most states. All states except Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon at this time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Sue D – Website CS[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

gdkid2010

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
Iowa
I thought you had to pay apple sales tax? Also, as a fellow BB employee do are you going to get Black Tie on it or just role with a defender case or something?
Yeah, just realized I had to pay Apple sales tax :( Oh well.

But it's a no go on buying from Best Buy. Was told today that employees can't purchase them until like after two months.

Apple.com it is.

Identity Fraud

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
Two months? Yikes, well if I get one (waiting on my tax refund + a bonus check) I hope they offer AppleCare+.

Voxone

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Well, if they do a pre-order on-line I will go that route. I don't feel like sitting on cold concrete overnight waiting to cough up my hard earned money. If there is no pre-order I will cruise by on day two and see what I can do.