Where did your Mac Pro ship from?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by cnstoll, Sep 1, 2010.

1. cnstoll macrumors 6502

Basically just like the title says...Where'd UPS or FedEx say it shipped from?

Just curious.

2. jedijoe macrumors 6502

jedijoe

Ordered on August 26th (evening), should be arriving tomorrow. Custom config, 12-core, 2.93, 5870, shipped from Texas.. I was expecting it to ship from China.. as did my previous two Macbook Pros

Attached Files:

3. Ravich macrumors 6502a

My refurb left PA this morning... it's heading to Oregon.

4. telequest macrumors regular

5. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

:eek: I ordered a 6-core on 31st August (morning) and estimated shipping is in 2 weeks, estimated DELIVERY is in THREE WEEKS :mad:

6. cnstoll thread starter macrumors 6502

Well that's promising. I ordered my quad-core 3.2 with a 5870 on the 27th and my order still says "Prepared for Shipment".... It's been oscillating between that and "Not Yet Shipped" for 3 days now.

But, since I live in Texas, it sounds like it won't take long to get here once it eventually ships :)

7. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

I got tired of waiting for a change in order status so I cancelled the order. :eek:
    I'll reorder the damn thing once the backlog is worked out. All no-base specs show a 3-5 biz day ship.

cheers
    JohnG

8. cnstoll thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish you could buy customs at the store... seems like it'd be easy since all the CPU's are on daughter cards.

9. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Totally agree.............. called my local store and all they said was they could order it for me. Big woop!

They had base Quads and 8's.

cheers
    JohnG

10. SCSnare macrumors member

I live in Austin. My 12-core shipped on Monday from Irving, I got it Tuesday. I chose the basic Ground Shipping as well.

11. sboerup macrumors 6502

I ordered 4 days after launch, mine shipped from Texas.

12. glassbathroom macrumors 6502

13. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

US-spec Mac Pros are assembled in the USA.

14. sochet macrumors regular

sochet

15. darlenea macrumors member

From China

Ordered on 24th, credit issued for address shipped to so not paid for until 11:30 am on the 25th - shipped same day.
    Arrived at OWC on 28th - they did custom build for me and now will arrive at my home tommorow - Yea.

16. fjmcsu macrumors newbie

FedEx ordered Aug29 Apple store through NAPP discount center, to arrive Sept 3 from Texas

17. JustinBW macrumors member

18. DigitalVT macrumors member

DigitalVT

Ordered 12Core on 11th, came from China, left Hong Kong Sunday morning arrived Amsterdam Tuesday, arrived Luxembourg Wednesday morning, who knows where it is between there and London??? :rolleyes:

19. tengo84 macrumors newbie

3.2 Quad ordered Aug 27, shipped from Irving, TX. Delivered to Chicago on Sep 1.

20. cnstoll thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow...we ordered the exact same system on the same day, and mine still hasn't shipped....

21. ZeissmeisteR macrumors newbie

ZeissmeisteR

Ordered 31st, shipped yesterday. No idea where it was shipped from but the estimated is the 8th, so im assuming Cork, Ireland as were my last two Mac purchases.

22. krankyone macrumors newbie

I order my hexacore on the 30th, with a notice from apple that it was ready to ship on the 1st, arriving on the third. I thought that was really fast. Then, no tracking information until last night. It ends up it wasn't picked up until this morning. Now it shows shipping from Irving TX and arriving on the 7th.

This after I changed my whole schedule for today, rescheduling a lot of things for next Tuesday...Sucks.:mad:

23. nanofrog macrumors G4

Not always.... some have been shipped directly from China (base models BTW, CTO does get it's final assembly/customization performed in the US). This always seems to happen when there is a supply shortage, such as just after a new product release has started shipping (like now).

24. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

25. krankyone macrumors newbie

Latest tracking shows it's at the ground facility near me. Still due to deliver on Tuesday. Today is Saturday. Can I pick it up myself? No, the facility is closed. :(