Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rican

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
Party in the USA
Hello,

Just a fun thread to see where everyone comes from etc..

Where do you go to college?

Last edited:

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
University of Cincinnati for a bachelors in Information Technology

Cincinnati State College for an associates in Media Productions.

Trying to decide if a masters degree is worth it.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Undergrad: Colorado State University - BS in Mechanical Engineering - 2003-2008 (yes I went 5 years lol)

Grad: Colorado State University - Masters in Atmospheric Science - 2010-2012

Will probably go for a PhD afterwards at CSU or CU

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
I studied teaching with electives in art, science, and psychology at Chemeketa CC in Salem Oregon almost had 2 associates one for art and one for science but switched to Portland State University in PDX taking a general studies associate instead to study Quantum Physics and work on my bachelors, but dropped out two terms before I would've earned it to go back to find full time work. Luckily I had good fallback skills in the construction field.

MorganK

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
Went to the Univ of Wyoming then transferred to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (DAB campus), got my BS in '06.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Went to the Univ of Wyoming then transferred to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (DAB campus), got my BS in '06.

Very cool. I almost went to Embry Riddle-Prescott. Was going to get my pilots license and a degree in aeronautical engineering. Was accepted and had a nice scholarship but in the end, elected not to for a variety of reasons

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Undergrad: University of Florida, BS

Grad: Barry University, MS

Professional: New York University College of Dentistry, DDS

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Got two BA's in history and philosophy at an university that's literally dead last in any given school rankings.

Got a massive upgrade by getting a JD at UC Hastings.

Soulfly22583

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2009
Mobile, AL
Associate of Science - Business Administration @ Grossmont Community College (01 - 04)
Bachelors of Science - Business Administration (Information Systems) @ San Diego State University (04 - 09)
Bachelors of Science - Information Technology @ University of South Alabama (10 - 12ish)

I'm using some veteran benefits right now in AL to go to school and hopefully float me over and help me find a job when I am done. I am debating on what I want to go to grad school for.

Debating on doing an MBA with emphasis in IS, a Masters of Information Systems, or a Masters of Geographic Information Systems. Not sure what I will eventually go with or where.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.