Where do you hail from?

Where do you live?

• Western and southern Asia (Middle East, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Eastern Asia (China, Vietnam, Korea, etc)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Asian Isles (Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, and other smaller islands)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • British Isles (UK, Ireland, and other smaller islands)

Votes: 42 23.5%
  • Western Europe (excluding the British Isles)

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Eastern Europe

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • South America

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Central America/Mexico

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Australia, New Zealand, or Oceania

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • United States: North East

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • United States: Mid West

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • United States: South

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • United States: Southwest (includes Arizona and New Mexico)

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • United States: West Coast (includes CA, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii)

Votes: 24 13.4%

• Total voters

CalBoy

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 21, 2007
I think it would be nice to see just how diverse we are as MR users, so please vote in this poll. If you also want to mention something special about where you live, that would be nice too. :)

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
This has been done before, although the thread was closed as it required too much moderation.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i'm from the South, in the United States. Georgia is the state :cool:

oh, yeah, something special about the South -

- well, we've got the SEC (college football)
- great country cooking and sweet tea
- the weather is unpredictable, and we can't handle snow whatsoever
- Coca-Cola started here

can't think of anything else at the moment.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 21, 2007
This has been done before, although the thread was closed as it required too much moderation.
That explains why I didn't see it at first. :eek: Well I'm hoping that we can be more civil this time. Please?
can't think of anything else at the moment.
Your state is the home of Coke. I'd say that's special.:)

You sure? :D
Oooh...let's keep the sports teams discussions out of this please. We can all agree that everyone's home team is the best ;)

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
how do you like the change?
I love it! I was a native Floridian (39 years, never lived in any other state) until my move. Now I get to see seasons, snow, mountains, etc. I leave humidity, bugs, and old people in the winter. ;)

Don't get me wrong, Florida is a great place to live, but I don't want to go back. Colorado is a just too beautiful a place (when I leave my neighborhood, I get a great view of Pike's Peak and the frontrange) to leave.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm orginially from Northern Virginia ... some would call that NorthEast (me included) while others would call it the South (people who don't live there).

My wife and I recently moved to Colorado because we were tired of all the traffic and crowding. We simply love it here.

Don't get me wrong, Florida is a great place to live, but I don't want to go back. Colorado is a just too beautiful a place (when I leave my neighborhood, I get a great view of Pike's Peak and the frontrange) to leave.
Another who lives in the Springs!? I get a view of Cheyenne Mountain and Pikes Peak out of all our windows and deck!

Attachments

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
My wife and I recently moved to Colorado because we were tired of all the traffic and crowding. We simply love it here.

Another who lives in the Springs!? I get a view of Cheyenne Mountain and Pikes Peak out of my all our windows and deck!
Yep, the Springs is great! The traffic was part of the reason we left Florida. My wife hated having to deal with all of the tourist traffic. We lived in Orlando - the home of Walt Disney World.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm from Saddleworth. An odd place that feels quite magical. Like League of Gentlemen (which was filmed not too far from here) only a good flavour of strange. It's very high up too, which I love.
Lots of actor people and footballers live up here, the cast of Coronation Street and Emmerdale used to have football matches in our local park :D

< on our way to some caves

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
From Antwerpen, Belgium. Lovely wafels and chocolate.
Maybe Doctor Q could make a list, like he did with photos thread, of where everybody comes from ;)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I love it! I was a native Floridian (39 years, never lived in any other state) until my move. Now I get to see seasons, snow, mountains, etc. I leave humidity, bugs, and old people in the winter. ;)

glad to hear it :)

i'd like to go out West sometime. maybe one day.

so you got a nice 4x4 or something?

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
glad to hear it :)

i'd like to go out West sometime. maybe one day.

so you got a nice 4x4 or something?
Bought a Honda Pilot last December, right before the winter storms hit. At one point last year, I had snow piled waist deep in my drive way (I'm 5' 11") and snow on the ground for over 2 months, which is quite rare in Colorado Springs.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Bought a Honda Pilot last December, right before the winter storms hit. At one point last year, I had snow piled waist deep in my drive way (I'm 5' 11") and snow on the ground for over 2 months, which is quite rare in Colorado Springs.
well, that wouldn't be my choice of vehicle, but it's still a big SUV. now that's a lot of snow! nothing comes close around here (it does snow in GA some, but not much at all)

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
Something nice about Watford? It has a semi-good football team.
Certainly better than ours, and we're just round the corner :eek:

Arsenal are close enough :p

Something nice....well there's loads of great Roman stuff, and since I'm studying this for an A-Level it's great ... oh yeah, we're the new Mayfair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.