Where is Cinder?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by charis1113, Jun 26, 2015.

1. charis1113 macrumors member

they said they will send out a email to backer today, anybody got it?
    They seems so inefficient after the campaign is done. And the cases they promised to test is never here! I start not trusting them.

2. astoxos macrumors regular

3. charis1113 thread starter macrumors member

They said they will send out the email on Friday, and now they said they will send out in two weeks.....but they said it won't delay the delivery date! I just can't trust them anymore!

4. Kisey macrumors 6502a

They said they sent out an email to all backers who backed before June 26. I did not receive that email. An update on their campaign page says they will resend on Monday. I am not liking how they are handling this. I knew from the get go the whole shipping as a separate perk was not a good idea. Now they have to sort that out and on top of that send out surveys to confirm everyone's pick.

5. XRichard23 macrumors regular

I got my email earlier today. It had a link to a shopping cart that was created for me, it did have both my screen protector purchase and the additional shipping fee purchase. Then it gave me an option to change my shipping address and the final step was to choose color and phone model. This part actually went pretty smooth. I'm pretty hopeful now.

6. charis1113 thread starter macrumors member

I also got that email today... I can change the shipping address....but to be honest, the confirmation email isn't professional. It is too simple and without any code......I hope that they can deliver Cinder on time.

7. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

So have you all paid your money to them or was/is it held by some third party until they send out the screen protectors?

8. astoxos macrumors regular

9. frifra, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015

frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

Cupert Tech/Cinder sent an email stating, that they sent emails to everyone who ordered before June 26 to choose the size and color.

- I did not receive an email with a link to make my choice

- I contacted them about this and did not get an answer. 2 days later I received the promised email without any apology or any other info why there was a problem.

- The subject of the email with the link for my choice to make was very misleading: "CINDER Survey regarding Indiegogo Campaign". A survey?!

- When I finally received my email with the link and wanted to make my choice, I was asked to pay again for shipping via paypal even though it clearly showed above that I already payed for shipping.

- So far, I have not been contacted again but did receive a confirmation email regarding my choice.

I hope that everything will be fine and the product will arrive soon. But so far it did not turn out as professional as I expected it to be.

On the campaign it states:
    When will you ship CINDER?
    4-6 weeks after the campaign ends.
    This means latest mid July.

------------------------------------------------------
    What I am wondering about is why you can still buy it via indiegogo. That does not make any sense to me. I could have just waited until people receive their protectors and if the product is fine I would have ordered for the exact same price. Probably my last time using indiegogo.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    On the campaign page they link to reviews. Well, so far there is only one or two reviews. The article from the German page appgefahren is pretty much just advertisement, they did not even test it.

10. charis1113 thread starter macrumors member

I am disappointed too. They always said they need time to make the survey as professional as passible, but turn out it is so unprofessional and the confirmation email is too simple without any information. And they always said they will post some pictures with some cases, but they didn't do that! This is not a good start....

11. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I thought they handled themselves pretty unprofessionally on this site when the guy jumped on my thread telling me how much better their product was than the screen protector I have and really like. I kind of chuckled either they are just an amazing group that figured out how to do what no one else could or they were blowing smoke. I still hold out some hope that they'll come through for the ones that sponsored their project.

12. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Any update on this? Did anyone else get a review unit from them?

13. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

They are supposed to be sending me another review unit, but I haven't gotten it yet...

Kristin

14. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

@Will22

Well, for the updates: There was another confusing email. First, it said it only addresses people who bought after a certain date ( I think 26th of June), but then they talk again about people who ordered before that date...

I always have to read their emails twice to be sure what they mean...

15. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

I was really wanting to order one of these. Right now I'm glad I waited...

16. charis1113 thread starter macrumors member

Lets see if they will start the delivery in next week!

17. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Is next week supposed to be the shipping date?

18. charis1113 thread starter macrumors member

They said they will start shipping it in mid July .

19. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Ok, thanks--just curious. I certainly hope that they deliver on their promise

20. Nhwhazup, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015

Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I'm glad my complaint about the Cinder Rep bashing every good thing I had to say about my Benks screen protector took their post off this forum so more didn't get suckered in. I had a bad feeling about their lack of professionalism from the start.

And for all the complaints about the Benks from others, I'm still totally satisfied with my white Benks full screen protector. It was tricky to install but it's been great - no chips and no dust collecting around the edges. I have a case that is a perfect fit with the Benks and when I tell people I have a screen protector, they literally will pick up my phone and look at it super closely to even detect the protector. I've had this protector on since Benks came out with the full style.

I still truly hope the Cinder group does deliver for all the ones that supported the project. Their product looked liked the answer to what most were looking for. But I also felt that their schedule would bring their product way too late to the game to make enough money - especially with new phone models coming out in a couple of months. By this time most people with the 6 models have kind of settled in on cases and screen protectors.

21. scjr, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015

scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

I don't agree with what you did.

If the original thread was still here, they would most likely have been more responsive to the folks who are concerned in this thread. Instead, we have this secondary thread and no real time replies from Cinder.

Having said that, Kickstarter type projects are known to take a bit to organize. I sent them an email yesterday and they got back to me assuring me they'll be shipping the protectors out.

I funded this project as well and I'm really not concerned.

22. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

@scjr

I agree, expecially the old thread could/should have stayed.

23. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

If they, Cinder, were going to respond to you, they would have on their own. If it takes this thread to get a response, that's a shame. It's interesting how they were all over answering and bashing other threads when they were looking for money and sponsorship for their project.

I didn't ask for the moderator to take down the Cinder thread. I only asked about the no solicitation policy not even with respect to Cinder and then a couple of days later the thread was down. So maybe it wasn't even my question that prompted removing the thread.

24. LouisLoh macrumors regular

25. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Agreed! Cinder was very responsive to questions posted on here. It is a shame the original thread was closed; it really didn't benefit MacRumors members.