Where is the buzz for the iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aluminum213, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

This has to be the first time I've seen the hype right before the conference be this low for an iPhone, and a non S release at that. I've ONLY heard negativ reaction (no head phone jack, same design, still huge bezels....)

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It happened for the iPhone 6!

Given this is the iPhone 6-s-s not really 7 lol

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

iPhone 6 had huge buzz.

But yeah, the lack of a new design has really hit the iPhone 7 interest hard. It really does show how leaks can increase interest for a product though, even though most people prefer to be surprised.

4. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

With the size jump iPhone 6 had huge buzz

5. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Externals are basically the same as we've had for two years. You can't expect people to get excited over a two-year old design.

I will be buying one at launch (I'm a fanbot, I buy everything Apple sells), but I think most people aren't going to get hyped over it.

6. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

We already know it will be the same design, but those regular folks, boy will they be disappointed

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Thread after thread about iPhone 7 this or that is not buzz?

8. tubeexperience, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016

tubeexperience macrumors 68030

Don't worry.

Apple will sell a lot of iPhone 7 because a lot of iPhone 6 are dying of the "touch disease".

9. Kaspersky Suspended

Kaspersky

10. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I'm not so sure of that. Most of my friends are like the "I want an iPhone" cartoon character. "I want the one with the GeeBees." :p

image.jpeg

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They're virtually all negative though lol. I'm thinking that's what the OP meant. Not much excitement going in around here. And now is generally the time the excitement peaks.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's generally not much excitement going on here about almost anything for quite some time. More people like to complain about something or other (often enough just for the sake of complaining) than anything else.

You can even take the launch of the iPod which was basically one the more revolutionary products that set Apple and the industry on a newer path that has led to the iPhone and other products, and yet you can find long archived threads of people here just complaining about the iPod being a horrible thing and Apple making a big mistake and all of that prior to and around the time of its release.

13. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

Part of me thinks this is how things will be going forward. With it being so popular in the tech industry to try and find/report leaks, enthusiasts who dig into this stuff will pretty much know most of the end result months in advance (and please, save the teardrop design reference from 5 years ago). That wreaks havoc on buzz, even if the coming changes are welcomed and exciting.

Look at the 2017 phone. People are discussing that phone to the point where they are making up their minds to skip this year's release based on speculation 13 months out. I wonder if by the time that phone actually comes to fruition, if the buzz will be lulled given it had been talked about ad nauseam for over a year. Regardless if it is a 'super phone'.

14. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Apple has become conservative, playing it safe for profits, they're no longer innovating. Fat and Happy, they don't need buzz. Now a mainstream consumer electronics maker, they can just coast along on their brand name.

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Fair enough. In just going back on my remembering years past. I don't know that I remember this much negativity about a phone launch. Lots of complaining about ditching the 4" form factor, but an equal number of folks excited to finally be given larger screens. About the only thing I've seen people kind of excited about (if I squint my eyes just right) is the dual cameras on the plus model.

For whatever reason people just don't seem as excited as in previous years, from my vantage point.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

I think the S years are somewhat calmer as people don't expect anything in particular visually, but even then complain about lack of hardware improvements even before knowing what those will acutially be (like RAM last year).

With numbered years it's a mixed bag. With iPhone 6 I recall complaints about potential thinness, antenna lines, potentially camera bump, etc. Some similar complaints about iPhone 5 being potentially too similar in looks to 4/4s were around too. Some Saving factors for those were newer larger screen sizes that diverted some negative talk, which the current rumors don't really include for the upcoming phone.

17. Dave245 macrumors 601

I think most people on forums just like to complain, but when the day comes to pre-order that may be a different matter. Often people say they won't buy the new iPhone and then when Apple hold there event, they change their mind and end up pre-ordering, which is fine, I'm just waiting to see what Apple announce next week. From the leaks that I've seen, if they are indeed real, I will buy the 7 Plus, the dual camera looks great.

18. Gypsy36 macrumors regular

Each new phone I have gotten has had something new and exciting to look forward to. I've limped along with my 5S through a number of problems to get to the 7 only to find out all the big changes will happen next year and this new phone will likely only make my life more complicated (removal of the jack). Plus, I have to upgrade at this point so I'll miss out on the awesomeness next year. Which is not the end of the world but still a bummer.

Honestly, this is one of those times when I think Apple should have leaked something interesting about the phone to combat all the negative chatter.

19. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's not Apple's style.

20. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

To be truthful it doesn't look all that exciting from the leaks and rumours. If it does indeed resemble the leaked pics then it's just a slightly different looking iPhone 6.

I struggle to get excited for potentially a new colour or two and antenna bands that have moves to the top and bottom edges. The 6S is a cheaper and more viable upgrade for me I think.

21. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Since it’s been awhile since you’ve upgraded there are plans available now where you can still get the 2017 iPhone without hassle. It’s a little more monthly but it’s nowhere near the pain of upgrading before a 2 year contract ends like it used to be.

22. Gypsy36 macrumors regular

Sadly, not living in the US, my friend. Although, I'll just get the next model. When all the kinks are worked out. ;-)

23. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

24. UAV macrumors regular

not trolling just pointing out the facts. deal with it.