Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adapsys

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
I know you can technically upgrade the RAM yourself in the 2018 mini but having watch the videos I don’t feel very confident in my ability. I’m based in the UK and I’m wondering if you can go into an Apple Store or Authorised Service place and they will do it? Would you be able able to provide your own modules?

I’m sure there are lots of unofficial places that would do it but I would feel more confident using an official route. Thanks for your help in advance.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Apple Authorized Service Providers might do it, they're allowed to but the service may not be available in every AASP. Apple Retail Stores will not do it.

F-Train

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2015
NYC & Newfoundland
I know you can technically upgrade the RAM yourself in the 2018 mini but having watch the videos I don’t feel very confident in my ability. I’m based in the UK and I’m wondering if you can go into an Apple Store or Authorised Service place and they will do it? Would you be able able to provide your own modules?

I’m sure there are lots of unofficial places that would do it but I would feel more confident using an official route. Thanks for your help in advance.

There are several threads on these questions for the U.S., but as far as I know none for the U.K. Maybe phone an Apple store and an authorised service centre and ask?

Reactions: KrisLord

KennethS

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
UK

You don't say where you are, but I used these guys for an SSD upgrade on an old 2010 iMac and they were great. You could give them a call:

http://www.just-fix-mac.co.uk/JFM/home.html

Adapsys

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Thanks for the recommendation. I’m down in Dorset. I’ve contacted a few places so we’ll see what they say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.