Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
1. Seattle Seattle Seattle... Seattle sucks for Mac users.. poor choices of stores abound there.. and operating systems (you know which ones).. Why is Apple holding back on Seattle? Afraid of the big bad Gates???

2. Toronto, Canada. Look at the size of that thing!

3. Vancounver, B.C. Again.. could be Seattle's kissing cousin in size, but too far apart to cross shop..

4. Riverside, CA or Ontario, CA... there are over two million people in the Inland region of California with not one single good Apple store.. unless you actually count the pathetic offering of an Apple section at CompLoseEssay as a both good, and in its own right a store!

5. Tacoma, WA.. in their only shopping mall. Again, a large number of people (about 1 million people in Pierce County) with no good Apple-carrying stores.

6. Portland, OR. Inbetween Seattle and Tacoma in size.. and way to far from both of them for Portlandians to go shopping in either of them.

7. Palm Springs, CA. What will all those celebrities who have second or third homes in Palm Springs do without access to the most creativity-bound computer wherever they are? Sure there's < 200,000 people in Palm Springs, but most of them have major money!! lol..

Scottgfx

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2002
Fort Myers, FL
Fort Myers, Florida.

Oh sure, I could drive to Tampa or Miami, but, ugh. I'm totally burned out on road trips. I lived in Orlando for a year and was always driving to Ft. Myers to see family. That got old real fast.

We don't even have a CompUSA!!! And this is one of the FASTEST GROWING AREAS IN THE COUNTRY! Fort Myers was the winter home of Thomas Edison... wasn't he one of the "Crazy Ones"?

Come On Apple, "Think Different" for Fort Myers!

-=AsukA=-

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2002
CANADA EH? (Well if we owned hockey this year at the olympics...)

WE NEED APPLE STORES IN CANADA! One in every major city, well maby 2 in Toronto... darn its huge! it should go like this:

1) 2 in Toronto
2) 1 in Vancover
3) 1 in Edmonton (in West Edmonton mall, worlds largest shoping mall, only 8 feet smaller than americas "largest" mall)
4) 1 in Calgary
5) 1 in Halifax (smallest apple store in the world)
6) 1 in Qubec City
7) 1 in Montreal
8) and maby another major mac friendly city, if i missed one....

And with the purchas of anything mac, a free chocolate gold medal for men and womens hocky!!!:p

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
Pittsburgh, houston, and White Plains, NY

I think apple should open stores in upscale malls in the following City

1) Pittsburgh - SouthHills Mall.. i bet, apple will be selling a lot of Macs there
2) Houston - 4th largest city in US, open one at Galleria Mall..
3) White Plains - Westchester Mall, another upscale mall.. ( but we already have one in Westchester County in NY at Palasaides. Tice's corner in NJ is not that far away from Palasides)

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN!

ok, how many times do I have to say that to make Apple understand?

JAPAN!!

irmongoose

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
I think the standard answer to that question is, "next door." As far as "major cities," I seem to recall that the original strategy was not to put Apple stores in large urban areas, but to use them to "fill in the gaps" in areas where Apple doesn't have much exposure currently. Berkeley already has a pretty decent Mac-specific store downtown. San Francisco has both MacAdam and CompUSA (where the Apple department has improved some since Apple started taking special interest in it) downtown.

Palo Alto, on the other hand, was in pretty bad shape from the point of view of Stanford students. The only thing in town was Fry's, which isn't convenient to the university, and relying on Fry's for customer service is just never what you want anyway. Sure I personally hate it, since I would usually rather grind my eyeballs with sandpaper than drive in Palo Alto, but from Apple's perspective, I can see why PA was probably the best place in the Bay Area to open a store.

PrdstMnky19

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2002
Minneapolis
Originally posted by Macpoops
King Of Prussia, PA home of the 2nd biggest mall in america. The area is turning heavily yuppie now. The perfect place for Apple to rub elbows with the best of the retail world, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrums, Versace, Hugo Boss.....you get the picture generally a high profile location.

i'm sorry to hear that you are near the 2nd biggest mall in america. i guess the only logical thing to do is to move to minneapolis, home of the Mall of America, which is also housing Apple Store #4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.