Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Sorry to hear that my friend. Cant even imagine what you are going through. Stay strong.
[automerge]1582881417[/automerge]
Hi All,

Anyone found a good full leather case with no open bottom.

Sal
The only “full” leather cases aren’t full leather. They have the leather backing and tpu/tpe bumpers. ?

evilgeek

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2017
Caudabe Sheath Case. Best Minimalist Case for iPhone!

Took 2 weeks to arrive from New York to Manila.

IMG-0242.jpg

Reactions: BigMcGuire and AE14

xBlueku

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
Whats the texture like on the back for the Ringke Fusion Matte? I have the Fusion and didn’t like how slick the back is (depending on how dry my hands are).
Actually pretty grippy! The matte finish creates some attrition compared to the clear pc ones

A shame tho the bumper is your regular crystal clear tpu (the kind which yellows with usage)

Small edit: the case lets dusts in like crazy

Last edited:
Reactions: tops2

stefanooo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
Used the Otterbox Symmetry black for a week... liked it a lot. The buttons are really nice, side-grippyness is great, back-grip is not so great. Gives good drop-confidence too.

Swapped to Speck Presidio Pro black today because of the Corona stuff... Not sure if the anti-bacterial coating on the Speck helps?

Going to sell the not-so-great Caudabe Sheath and Mous cases. Keeping Otterbox Symmetry, Speck Presidio Pro, Smartish Kung Fu Grip and Tech21 Evo Check.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Used the Otterbox Symmetry black for a week... liked it a lot. The buttons are really nice, side-grippyness is great, back-grip is not so great. Gives good drop-confidence too.

Swapped to Speck Presidio Pro black today because of the Corona stuff... Not sure if the anti-bacterial coating on the Speck helps?

Going to sell the not-so-great Caudabe Sheath and Mous cases. Keeping Otterbox Symmetry, Speck Presidio Pro, Smartish Kung Fu Grip and Tech21 Evo Check.
Don’t you find the speck to be a finger prints/stain magnet?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Yup I just turned 58 and have been fighting a non-curable cancer for over 6+ years. Chemo every 2 weeks, matter of fact tomorrow. So for me life has been extremely difficult.

Sorry to hear this brother. Stay strong. Will be praying for you. What kind of cancer do you have?

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Sorry to hear this brother. Stay strong. Will be praying for you. What kind of cancer do you have?

Thank you so much. I have Multiple Myeloma, it’s a blood and bone cancer. My spine and some ribs have compression fractures on then and lesion all over the area. When I had an MRI I literally lit up like a Christmas Tree. Your white cells crowd out the red and break the bone from the inside so my spine T9 T11 and T3 are in bad shape that’s why I’m in bed a lot.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Thank you so much. I have Multiple Myeloma, it’s a blood and bone cancer. My spine and some ribs have compression fractures on then and lesion all over the area. When I had an MRI I literally lit up like a Christmas Tree. Your white cells crowd out the red and break the bone from the inside so my spine T9 T11 and T3 are in bad shape that’s why I’m in bed a lot.

How long have you been like this? Have you sought any non traditional methods of healing? As in, changing your diet etc?

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
Well, i guess one can never get away. i lived in this thread for the XS last year, and with my XS acting funky and being able to do an extended warranty claim on the repair value, i going to roll with a new 11 Pro.

any pics out there for Sheaths of different colors (black in particular) with the green, silver, and space grey phones. up until my XS, i always went black/space gray, but after hearing about bezels getting scratched/chipped underneath a case, i opted for silver knowing i could polish out any scuffs. after 1.5 years, my XS has a few scuffs in the corners which i could polish out if i wanted to, but i'm now thinking i should either go back to space grey or try the midnight green.

anyway, i'd be interested in seeing any pics of the silver poking through the black case. is it too attention grabbing? the nice thing about the XS and Sheath is my silver phone looks like a black one except for the silver seen through the speaker grills, and mute switch.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
It’ll be 7 years on October 13th. I’ve tried a lot of things, been in a few trials but the cancer I have is incurable, but it does react to chemo that’s why I’m still here, the chemo keeps me alive

I am sorry to hear this brother. Listen if you feel led, there is a guy at my church who is a cancer survivor. He has a ministry now. He himself is a miracle. I feel led to connect you to him. If you are willing, send me a PM and I will get you his contact details or vice versa.

Reactions: Jaggrey and bobsamm

roey.shenberg

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2014
Any suggestions from non slippery bumper?
I have the rhinoshiled crashguard which I really like but it's slippery.

In older iphone there was k11 bumper, nothing similar for this model?

xBlueku

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
Still Rhinoshield, this time the Mod NX from their own site, can’t vouch for those from Amazon and this is why (experiences with my X, for 11 ymmv):
- bought from Amazon a Crashguard and a Solid Suit, both are very smooth on the bumper (so much that the solid suit slipped from my hand during a call, luckily no damage at all)
- bought a Mod NX from a private who got it from their website and the bumper is textured, almost porous if you pass the comparison. Never dropped this despite the generous dimensions and my fairly small hand
- you can use the mod NX as a bumper, a full case by buying custom backplates (pricey, but high quality and lots of styles) or simply add more colour by using rims

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.