Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fakemeta

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2019
Portugal
Alaskan Blue.

pkdZodj.jpg

A quick comparison with other Apple cases:

Left: Denim Blue (iPhone X)
Right: Delft Blue (iPhone XS)
Bottom: Cornflower

2ryQwoL.jpg

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
with my XS going bonkers and getting my extended warranty claim approved by my credit cad company, this past week, i hopped into an iphone 11 Pro. i quickly ordered a Speck Presidio Grip from Amazon (arrived in a day) and slapped on an extra Maxboost "notched protector" while i waited for my for Caudabe and Icarez to deliver what i wanted for my daily drivers.

both arrived yesterday, and man, even though i was without that Caudabe/Icarez combo for only 3 days, it was such a big change to go from the Spec/MaxBoost combo to Caudabe Sheath and Icarez 2.5D. the phone is much slimmer, lighter, and the screen protector disappears without having a sharp edge to encounter every time i swiped up. having those three days made me appreciate more how well these two work together.

Caudabe also improved the fit and finish of the bottom seam between the textured area and the smoothed over port area. i had to sand the transition on my XS Sheath. this one is perfectly smooth with no sharp edge at the transition.

DSC08004.jpg
DSC08002.jpg

DSC08003.jpg

ps. i'll keep the Speck for the occasional use. just like with my XS, i'll use that for extra protection when i'm backpacking, hiking, or feel i'm in a more risky situation with my phone. (just a few times a year) i think my XS was dropped twice in 1.5 years using the Sheath and it did its job. (so did the Icarez)

Attachments

• DSC08004.jpg
    DSC08004.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Reactions: nrvous1

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Well, haven't been able to sell my black ops case yet, so I got bored and decided to order the ronin anyway lol pics once she arrives!

Reactions: nrvous1

xBlueku

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
with my XS going bonkers and getting my extended warranty claim approved by my credit cad company, this past week, i hopped into an iphone 11 Pro. i quickly ordered a Speck Presidio Grip from Amazon (arrived in a day) and slapped on an extra Maxboost "notched protector" while i waited for my for Caudabe and Icarez to deliver what i wanted for my daily drivers.

both arrived yesterday, and man, even though i was without that Caudabe/Icarez combo for only 3 days, it was such a big change to go from the Spec/MaxBoost combo to Caudabe Sheath and Icarez 2.5D. the phone is much slimmer, lighter, and the screen protector disappears without having a sharp edge to encounter every time i swiped up. having those three days made me appreciate more how well these two work together.

Caudabe also improved the fit and finish of the bottom seam between the textured area and the smoothed over port area. i had to sand the transition on my XS Sheath. this one is perfectly smooth with no sharp edge at the transition.

View attachment 897979 View attachment 897980
View attachment 897981

ps. i'll keep the Speck for the occasional use. just like with my XS, i'll use that for extra protection when i'm backpacking, hiking, or feel i'm in a more risky situation with my phone. (just a few times a year) i think my XS was dropped twice in 1.5 years using the Sheath and it did its job. (so did the Icarez)
Such a shame they don’t sell the Sheath on Amazon, would’ve bought it in a heartbeat

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
Such a shame they don’t sell the Sheath on Amazon, would’ve bought it in a heartbeat

Yeah. I went through caudate but it actually was very smooth. Order on Wednesday morning (pacific time) and it arrived on Friday via USPS. Cost me 3.99 shipping but used all of their easy rewards club stuff to get 30% off.

I loved the sheath on my XS so I knew I wanted the case.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Yeah. I went through caudate but it actually was very smooth. Order on Wednesday morning (pacific time) and it arrived on Friday via USPS. Cost me 3.99 shipping but used all of their easy rewards club stuff to get 30% off.

I loved the sheath on my XS so I knew I wanted the case.

Do you know if the icaerz is better than the spigen in the same design?

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
can't speak of the Spigen as i haven't used it. i have used this 2.5D icarez on both my XS, 11 Pro, as well as the same model on my wife's 11.

there are a lot of them out there (multiple listings with subtle differences), but this is the one i bought for my XS and 11pro:

Last edited:
Reactions: bobsamm

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

I had the same set up with a XS max, fell 2 foot onto an open wooden draw, the case gave on the side and cracked the side GSP. A firmer case and it wouldn't of happened.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
I had the same set up with a XS max, fell 2 foot onto an open wooden draw, the case gave on the side and cracked the side GSP. A firmer case and it wouldn't of happened.

Sorry to hear that. I think that in my playing with different cases the sheath was no worse than most. In fact for the XS at least I felt the otter box symmetry was looser. Yet, my speck for the 11 pro is really tight (tighter than XS was) wonder if there is some variability in tolerances.

Reactions: AE14

xBlueku

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
Sadly it takes around 2 weeks with the standard shipping to (knowing our d
Noticed on TechnicallyTee's review the bumper would give in easily as opposed to many other models (currently running the Spigen Liquid Air and it's so stiff, it's great), but never to the point of actually ejecting the phone even on small drops.
Still have terrible memories of a battery case ejecting my old S3 on a ~5.5 feet drop and breaking the glass under the protector so probably the Sheath is not for me

Last edited:

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005
Yes. I have both (iCarez currently on my iPhone XS Max). I have the Spigen on my iPhone 11 Pro Max because at the times I have checked, I haven’t been able to get the iCarez (when in stock) for a reasonable price shipped to Australia (I usually order from Amazon USA).
[automerge]1583668434[/automerge]
Alaskan Blue.

pkdZodj.jpg

A quick comparison with other Apple cases:

Left: Denim Blue (iPhone X)
Right: Delft Blue (iPhone XS)
Bottom: Cornflower

2ryQwoL.jpg
If only the bottom was enclosed this would be the perfect case.
[automerge]1583668777[/automerge]

View attachment 897979 View attachment 897980
View attachment 897981
Noticed this improvement from previous models. Also a better fit all round (used to be some give on the bottom lip area). I still prefer the bottom on the Otterbox Symmetry for comfort when holding in the hand.

Last edited:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Are the Apple silicone cases a bit thicker than, say, the Apple leather case? I’m considering the blue Apple silicone case for my 11 pro. 10 days left on my red leather case to complete a full month of usage.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Are the Apple silicone cases a bit thicker than, say, the Apple leather case? I’m considering the blue Apple silicone case for my 11 pro. 10 days left on my red leather case to complete a full month of usage.

Having both, I would say they are ever-so slightly thicker...especially since they are more uniform. The puckers inside the leather case add some “thickness”, but not equate to the same level of protection as the silicone. Does that make any sense?

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
Noticed this improvement from previous models. Also a better fit all round (used to be some give on the bottom lip area). I still prefer the bottom on the Otterbox Symmetry for comfort when holding in the hand.

the OB Symmetry is a nice case. i haven't tried it on the 11 Pro, but for the XS, i found it a little slippery for my tastes and the fit was a bit loose (looser than the Sheath). is that improved for this year's model? may have to check it out.

this is a dangerous thread. i am tempted to order the Spigen Liquid Air given all the endorsements here. is it much thicker and wider than the Sheath?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Having both, I would say they are ever-so slightly thicker...especially since they are more uniform. The puckers inside the leather case add some “thickness”, but not equate to the same level of protection as the silicone. Does that make any sense?
That sure does. Thank you!! I don’t mind the silicone case being a bit thicker than the Apple leather cases. I may wait for Best Buy to run a sale on the Alaskan blue case.

Reactions: VaderRulez

xBlueku

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
this is a dangerous thread. i am tempted to order the Spigen Liquid Air given all the endorsements here. is it much thicker and wider than the Sheath?

Don’t have the Sheath but it’s definitely smaller than the Rhinoshield Mod and maybe 1mm wider than the Ringke Fusion. Definitely comfortable with my small hands and can’t recommend it enough

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Just got mine for the IPhone Pro Max and I’ve got to say I’m liking it so far. The buttons are very tactical and no dust under the case. Not bad at all with the fingerprints. Overall it’s a good case.

Nice man. Does it offer any grip at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.