Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

KO7

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2020
Canada
Currently having a tough time deciding between the Navy Blue or Gray Caudabe Synthesis for my Sierra Blue PM. I want some translucency in the back piece of the case, but the MagSafe design is ugly (IMO) so I might just ditch the Caudabe route and go with a Nomad leather case again.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: shr631

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
087C36EB-275D-4847-B17C-C2990A740D8E.jpeg
804F4D09-28F5-477A-A38B-CDC0EF4E9F66.jpeg

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I sold all my 12PM apple cases for around 50% of original price this last week via FB marketplace so that reduces the cost for this year a little.
I think I will try this, thanks!!
I still have a XS Max black battery pack that is in mint condition...maybe 25-30 bucks for that. Who knows.

Any money for them helps rather than sitting in a closed box.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

acts4:12

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2016
I got the Apple “Golden Brown” leather case with my 13PM and am not happy with the color at all. It’s almost like a orange color.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
I got the Apple “Golden Brown” leather case with my 13PM and am not happy with the color at all. It’s almost like a orange color.
Agree. I buy them every year, except this year. Why they couldn’t keep the saddle brown color is beyond me. Same goes for not having a true black unlike the dark blue Midnight. They shouldn’t get rid of the classic colors.

Reactions: Yptcn

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
What’s the deal with MagSafe? Coming from an 11 Pro I’m wondering how healthy it it for your battery and case. I just bought a 20W charger and MagSafe at the Amazon store in the mall yesterday. Heads up the MagSafe is only $27 on sale.

I noticed when I plugged it in at bed how hot the phone got, even my dresser. I could imagine this isn’t good, yet I assume Apple tested these out before releasing. I also wonder if a ring mark will show on the outside of the Apple leather and silicone cases after awhile.

Anyone have any experiences , good or bad they’d like to share? Im also considering a stand for it if I keep it.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
So I bought a clear jetech case for $4 to be my temporary case on my mini 13 and I’m actually quite impressed with it. Fit is perfect. Has good grip and seems plenty protective. This may be my daily driver at least for a while.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Loving the lifeproof wake on my 13 pro max. It has a nice cutout at the bottom for gestures and it is a perfect fit. Got it at Verizon for $29.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
What’s the deal with MagSafe? Coming from an 11 Pro I’m wondering how healthy it it for your battery and case. I just bought a 20W charger and MagSafe at the Amazon store in the mall yesterday. Heads up the MagSafe is only $27 on sale.

I noticed when I plugged it in at bed how hot the phone got, even my dresser. I could imagine this isn’t good, yet I assume Apple tested these out before releasing. I also wonder if a ring mark will show on the outside of the Apple leather and silicone cases after awhile.

Anyone have any experiences , good or bad they’d like to share? Im also considering a stand for it if I keep it.
Here’s mine. I used the 12 Pro leather case on this charger for the seven months I had it and there was a light ring print but it wasn’t super noticeable unless it caught the light. Doesn’t bother me much since I’m usually looking at the other side.

image.jpg

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Just put the black MagSafe smartish gripmunk on my 13 pro max. Better than the pelican and only $20. Pelican was $50 and being returned. I do wish it didn’t have a cutout over the notch, but for $20 with MagSafe, I can’t complain.

it’s a good temporary solution till my Caudabe Sheath arrives.

antwon412

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Exchanged my Golden Brown leather case for Midnight. The deep, deep blue is a much nicer compliment to the Sierra Blue phone IMO.

Had some Apple store gift cards from my Apple Card, so picked up a Midnight MagSafe wallet as well.
So far I like the wallet. A card and a $20 is handy to have if I don’t carry my wallet.

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Got the iPhone 13 Pro in Sierra Blue, with Apple’s Clear Case to show off the color. Only question is which wallet? Had the California Poppy, which patina’ed into what now looks like Golden Brown. Like the Golden Brown with the Sierra Blue, but thinking about the Sequoia Green wallet, too. My only problem with dark leathers is that when they patina, they tend to get darker and become nearly black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.