Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I loved my white 3G and I love my white 3GS. It's not a girl's color, it's a clean and classy color. Plus I know of at least 4 stores near me that white ended up sold out on launch day. I think there are less white ones made, so 1) they'll stand out more and 2) they'll be worth more when it comes time to sell and get the next iPhone. I got almost $400 for my white 3G even that was a year old!

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
From an unscientific survey, strangely coincidental purchasing decisions and a measure of diversity (I guess) the people having black phones in my group are white and the people having white phones are other than white. Draw your conclusions from that

Personally I opted for the black because it doesn't stick out in a crowd as much as the white. Then again its in a slider case.

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
I chose white because:
The white is more unique
My old black 3G showed finger prints, smudges and scratches more than a white one would
You can add a black case and have best of both worlds.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
I wanted white this time but they only had black when I went in soooo I said to myself that I dident want to wait so I got black.
Bottom line is I am glad I got black because I keep it in a case and when I got my case I realized that white would have been a bad choice... The black looks great.
So it depends on what your going to do with it case wise in my opinion.

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
I have found people into the black car thing to be very insecure and possess
a real need for attention. White is just cool.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I had the white 3g and then bought the black 3gs - i don't know, the white was cool, unique but I was just feeling the black this time around.

remember, you can always get a case to change the look and feel on the phone.

I once had the white with a white incase slider on it - looked pretty slick. i also put an air jacket (black) on my white 3g and that looked cool as well.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I have found people into the black car thing to be very insecure and possess
a real need for attention. White is just cool.

well i'm not lol my grandparents bought me my 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe. It was a graduation gift!

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
USA
Black if you're working in the corporate world; otherwise, white phones and sunglasses for that matter if you're young and cool.

wonderbread57

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Saw one macho guy come out of the Apple store today with a new white iPhone that he unboxed and started using. Looked good. He had a wife and kid, I think the wife had the black.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
endless debate....

White iPhone + Black leather pouch = My final answer

AGREED I guess All men who are kindle users are girly too? Haha

The color will represent whatever you like, Manly, Edgey, Superior, Sleek. I've had both Black and White and like both equally. I just went back to white because I hate using a case that stays on the phone and I didn't like the fingerprints on my black one. This works PERFECT for me. I used the home button cutout of a screen protector over the apple to protect it from scratching :)

GET WHATEVER COLOR YOU WANT sheesh.

Attachments

• DSC00537.JPG
    DSC00537.JPG
    773.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00539.JPG
    DSC00539.JPG
    792.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00540.JPG
    DSC00540.JPG
    588.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00541.JPG
    DSC00541.JPG
    740.2 KB · Views: 52

Scylax

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
I had black, now bought white.

I just bought a 32GB White on PAYG. My 3G is black. I had two reasons for choosing the white, one being that I really like how unusual it looks, and the other being that I still have 5 months of contract to go on my 3G and will be using them both. I wanted to be able to tell them apart without having to stop and check the storage capacity. For me only the 32GB makes sense, as my 3G is full to bursting point even though my media library is small.

Appdict

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've said this before, but a white iPhone is more..Apple-ish. Plus, scratches are basically invisible unless they start filling in with gunk..:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.