Which colour smartcover you bought please.. Poll

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MrMister111, Mar 15, 2011.

?

Which colour smartcover have you chose...

1. Polyurethane GRAY

21.9%
  2. Polyurethane BLUE

12.7%
  3. Polyurethane GREEN

7.2%
  4. Polyurethane ORANGE

8.0%
  5. Polyurethane PINK

3.2%
  6. Leather TAN

6.8%
  7. Leather BLACK

22.3%
  8. Leather NAVY

8.0%
  9. Leather CREAM

3.6%
  10. Leather (PRODUCT) RED

11.6%
  1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

So which smartcover have you bought please and why? leather or Polyurethane..?

Any additional comments welcomed please, eg was it because only colour left? out of stock etc, was my 2nd choice etc

cheers

2. lmg74 macrumors member

I really would've liked the red leather but I think the leather ones are too expensive so I bought the pink polyurethane. I love how it looks with my white iPad & pink/black sleeve/travel bag.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

come on all you smartcover buyers!! i can imagine you bought them, as there's not much else out yet...and its Apple and smart! ;)

4. halloweenie macrumors newbie

I went to Best Buy to look at all the colors (except the red since that is an Apple Store exclusive), but my BB only had pink, green, and gray poly, and black leather. I ended up buying the green cover, but I REALLY want to see the blue in person. Another Best Buy near me has it in stock and I'm thinking about running over there after work to check it out, even though it's not on my way home. Hmm...

5. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I wanted a leather but way too overpriced so I went with a gray poly.

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I started out with the orange, which I bought on Launch Day with the iPad 2. A day or so later I was at Microcenter for something and noticed that they had the Smart Covers, so picked up the green one, as I'd liked that a lot when I first saw it, but the orange one won. On Launch Day I wanted to buy just one Smart Cover until I'd had a chance to see how the thing worked with the iPad. Then I was in the Apple store again yesterday and this time was able to touch the leather Smart Covers.....and came home with a black one and a tan one! That should last me for a while!

7. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

wow your rich!!! :)

Gray is winning at moment, I havent seen them in the flesh yet, but surprised gray is at the top of the charts...

8. Jayrcee macrumors regular

Jayrcee

9. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Are they all still in plentiful supply in US? all colours?

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Funny how everyone is voting for gray one, but my local stores have only gray ones.

11. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Not rich.....just nuts! LOL!

Actually, I have now done something which was mentioned in another thread: I've used Obenauf leather oil to darken the tan Smart Cover so that it now nicely matches the brown leather of my Waterfield Muzetto bag. Looks great! So now I've got the green poly, orange poly, black leather and -- brown leather!

12. tirnszw macrumors member

Wow, I went through Green, Navy and Black, each time exchanged at Apple Store. Now I'm settled with black. :cool: Could not resist the stoic, professional black matte leather feel. Good to have some options everyday for you.

13. TigerStephie macrumors regular

Orange for me. I was about #30 in line on launch day and got one of the last three orange ones. Not sure how many they got but all the other colors had plenty left. But this probably has more to do with the popularity of the color orange where I live.

14. Peaugh macrumors regular

I got orange because, well, I like orange, and it looks great with the white iPad.

15. Sdevante, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

Sdevante macrumors 6502

Pics please. Like my red leather, but if I could get it a bit deeper/darker, that'd be sweet.

*EDIT* - N/m Found pics in another thread. Looks nice. Wonder if it would work as well on red?

16. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

less than 100 people have smart covers who have iPad 2's? come on ppl, please add a quick vote so we can see the overall spread of colour.

any comments as well as pics would be good, thanks for voting :)

17. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

I currently have the orange one but have the red on order. The red is sold out at various Apple stores in the Los Angeles, CA area. I chose the orange one since orange is my favorite color. I like how the color goes through on the leather ones.

18. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Black. I like leather. It just seemed to reflect the quality of the iPad 2 the best. Besides, all my other equipment bags/cases are black, too.

2nd choice would have been the gray poly.

19. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

none, want a leather red, but 69.99$???

also, don't have an ipad 2 yet!

20. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well 4 days and counting for UK launch (hopefully...)

I'm still undecided on what to get, leather or poly, and the colour to. Also the prices, I hope we dont get ripped off (again) in Uk for the smart covers ie $39=£39!!

I'm travelling to US in summer, but dont think I can last until then without a smart cover, but they are much cheaper in US. I will probably buy quite a lot of accessories when in US though :)

keep the poll going so I can get some help on chosing pple :cool:

21. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

When I got mine on launch day at the Best Buy, I saw that they had the gray and blue poly cover and the tan and black leather cover. I really liked the leather ones, especially the black one, but I just couldn't justify the insane price for something that would essentially only protect the front of the device.

There wasn't anything else available, so I knew I needed to at least purchase a cover for some protection. I was about to purchase the black one, but I saw the last Camera Connection kit on the rack and bought it since I use my DSLR quite frequently, so i decided to get a gray poly case and use the saved money on the connection kit. I chose grey because I wanted a mute color that wouldn't attract attention to this new device in public and at my university where I'll be using it. I also decided on the cheaper poly cover because I plan on purchasing a real case when more become available.

I'm pretty hesitant in using it at school, because I don't like people pointing out the new device and asking questions about it like "is that the iPad 2?" because they usually say it loudly and get other people to look back and stare, and I don't want to come off as pretentious or that person showing off their new toy. This is what happened to me with the iPhone 2G, 3G, and the 4.

It happened to me today as well while I was waiting for a lecture and had my iPad on my lap under a table with the gray smart cover on if facing up. And still someone passing managed to instantly spot it and say "Hey is that the iPad 2? Badass." And I'm just nodding feeling awkward.

22. Roadking macrumors 6502

I originally got the grey cover. After having it for a few days it bothered me that it was such a light grey color. I just thought it would show dirt very easily.

So I returned it to Best Buy and since they didn't have any other leather covers, went to the Apple store and overpaid for a leather cover.

Apple didn't make it easy by making sure that none of the cheaper covers were a dark color.

I still need a sleeve as I am still not going to shove it in a bag with the back exposed.

Now in search of a better sleeve...

23. the-insider macrumors newbie

bought the red last week. exchanged it today for black.

24. soshibo macrumors newbie

got black on launch. couldn't justify $70 for a cover. returned and got blue. didn't like blue + black + aluminum combo. returned and got grey. didn't like grey + black + aluminum (maybe white ipad woulda been good). returned it and back with black. will be doing some sort of ninja effect with a black carbon fiber back, black ipad, black smart cover.

the folks at the store know me by name now =/

25. i0Nic macrumors 65816