Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What click style did you go with on the home button?

Votes: 49 16.1%

Votes: 125 41.1%

Votes: 130 42.8%

• Total voters

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I also went with 2, and I also really love the feel of it. I had similar concerns about the reviews talking about the whole bottom of the phone clicking, but to me it doesn't feel that way at all, and is exactly how I'd hoped the feature to be implemented. All in all very pleased.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
Me either.

It's in the main settings page I'm pretty sure. Under General. My phone is restoring so I can't check it now. But I saw it in my brief pass through settings in order to reset/restore my phone.

matt550

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
It's in the main settings page I'm pretty sure. Under General. My phone is restoring so I can't check it now. But I saw it in my brief pass through settings in order to reset/restore my phone.

I found it, must have looked at it 5 times, haha

Reactions: EJ8

sdwaltz

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
3 felt the best to me!

I really like this haptic home button. Wasn't sure how I'd feel about it but after having it for a few hours I prefer it to the physical.

Reactions: formerpc

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
I can feel the fact that the haptic unit is kind of more to the left and not on center.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I went with 2 for now. I actually like the feel of it a lot. I was worried with the bad reports about "The whole bottom of the phone vibrates" reports. It feels great to me.

Am I alone?

I feel the same way. I don't feel the entire bottom of the phone vibrating.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
The test of time will reveal the truth about how people feel about the home button. It's the honeymoon period now and no one's going to admit anything. Buyer's are busy setting up the phone and bragging about their purchase.

Especially worried about upsetting Apple, the reviewers are very tactful. They don't want to risk not getting free demos. It's all to be expected this time is year.

randalblanken

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
Still waiting for my phone, but I played around with it in store today and I chose 2. 3 felt like the whole bottom of the phone was vibrating, and 1 felt like nothing. 2 was just right. It definitely wasn't as weird as I thought it would be.

Now I just need to get mine so I can really play with it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.