Which iPad Model Did You Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobob, Nov 19, 2010.

?

Which iPad Model Did You Buy?

1. 16GB Wi-Fi

46 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. 16GB 3G

15 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. 32GB Wi-Fi

37 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. 32GB 3G

28 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. 64GB Wi-Fi

29 vote(s)
    14.4%
  6. 64GB 3G

47 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

A simple poll to determine how popular the six iPad models are among buyers - - which iPad model did you buy?

{Background: In a recent thread in the news forum, the question came up of whether there was any model specific sales statistics. I remembered this thread by Chupa Chupa from back before the iPad was released, but my search for a more recent thread on this subject turned up nothing. Thus, this thread/poll.}

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

3. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

64GB 3G here. Haven't regretted it for a moment. :)

This has nothing to do with the version I am using, but I shocked some people in a meeting yesterday by apparently being able to load Windows on my iPad and perform some functions that they were saying wouldn't be able to be finished for hours.

What I was doing was connecting to my Parallels VM on my iMac, via the iPad, then loading a terminal application, connecting to servers and fixing what needed to be fixed.

Amazing. I knew I could do it in theory but this was the first time I had done it in the field.

It helps to remember to have your virtual machine already set to 1024x768, but even switching resolutions can be done in the field to make it entirely suitable on the iPad's screen. Yes, the keyboard takes up a huge amount of space, but it can be done if you have a memory for the Windows application you are using.

4. G4Powermac macrumors newbie

My iPad 64GB/ wifi and 3G

I bought the wifi/3G 64GB iPad as I have over 137 apps and hundreds of tunes and videos.. It's cool.

Sent by my ipad

5. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I also got the iPad 3G 64GB, no regrets at all.

6. IamHermann0069 macrumors member

IamHermann0069

lol @ "Over 137 Apps" haha Why not just say how many you have at that point... LOL Sorry it just looked funny.

But I had to go with the 64 gig wifi+3G. My only complaint with the iPad is that there isn't a 180 Gig or something like that! Mine is completely full and I have to delete stuff to add to it.

7. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Also known as 138

8. Jxo177 macrumors newbie

I just went with the 16g wifi for now. I'm going to be using it for grad school, so in case it gets banged up or stolen I don't want to be out a terrible amount of money. I use my jail broken iPhone as a mobile wifi hotspot so it all works out :)

9. mikelcroft macrumors regular

10. iNtaCt macrumors member

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

64 GB WiFi.

Somewhat surprised that thus far, the poll shows relatively even distribution.

12. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

I bought the 32 GB 3G model on launch day. I'm happy with it, but sometimes wish I had bought the 64GB. My iPad isn't full or anything, but apps are starting to get larger and I like cramming lots of media on portable devices. But 32GB has been okay for the most part. It's just that a hundred dollars extra would have doubled my storage, and I can't really even remember why I didn't just go 64GB in the first place.

The poll results are unsurprising to me. I woyuld expect that most people would either buy the cheapest version or the most feature rich model, with the rest of us somethere in the middle.

13. CasGie macrumors newbie

CasGie

32GB with 3G

32 GB works fine for me. Have a lot of pod/vodcasts, a bunch of apps, music and of course data. Still 22 GB left. :rolleyes:

14. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

25% went for the high end one!!!

We got some wealthy people here at Macrumors :D:D:D

15. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

64 GB Wi-Fi
    No regrets and still a heck of a lot of space left. I would have been fine with the 32 probably, but I certainly can't complain about the extra space.

16. Diane B macrumors member

64 wifi and 32 eifi

Bought myself a 64GB wifi in May snd added a 32GB wifi for my husband in August. I haven't regretted not getting 3G since AT&T service in our area isn't great. We have mobile hot spots on our Palm Pre Plus bought in deal for 2 years free so we're pretty much covered (Verizon). I have a lot of apps and use them all the time; productivity, reading, photo, mags, news, etc. I keep my music on my Touch but do listen to Rhapsody on the Ipad and probably Pandora in background when 4.2.1 comes out. Watch Netflix too. Tye Ipad has changed my computer use quite a bit

17. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I have a 64GB 3G but am only using like 7GB of space lol. I have all my music on it and some videos. Not too many apps. Mainly use it for web-browsing. I need to start searching around the forums for a "must have" app list or something to add to my iPad and also I'm too lazy to convert my videos (is there an easy way?) so only have like 4 videos on there.

18. emw macrumors G4

emw

I went 64GB wifi - love the space, although I'm down to about 5GB left - and figured I didn't want to pay for 3G when I could potentially get a 4G hotspot down the road.

Not sure that was the right decision, but so far it hasn't been a big issue, even though I haven't pulled the trigger on a hotspot yet.

19. iplaydee macrumors newbie

I went with the 16GB WiFi version after discovering I could do 3G tethering on my iPhone. But thats usually for emergency/sheer boredem use. I have WiFi at work and home.

20. MrMoore macrumors 6502

Bought the wifi 32 (see signature ;) )

I didn't want to pay for another data plan. I figured I would it use mostly at home or work, both which have Wi-Fi.

For those rare times I need 3G access, I run MyWi off my jailbroken 3GS.

21. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Really bad AT&T cell coverage in the suburbs of Boston. (I'm near route 20)

As my iPhone gets 0 bars here, I just got the WiFi model and connect that way. Hasn't really been an issue yet, so I'm glad I didn't fiddle with the 3G.

Most of the clients I have are Internet companies, so they have WiFi I can use, and most other places I go, I can either find WiFi, make due in stand-alone mode or use my phone. It's never been much of an inconvenience.

I do use a lot of the 64GB. If the iPad 2 or 3 goes up to 128GB, I'll pick up one of those. I'm hoping the cost of Flash SSD's keeps falling.

22. Chris., Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010

Chris. macrumors regular

16GB Wi-Fi. I don't have anything other than music and apps on it :/.

23. abta1 macrumors 6502

32Gb Wifi, if I want to use the web on it outside my home there is always a MIFI or other wireless networks to join.

24. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

16GB wifi - I debated between this and the new iTouch and decided the bigger screen was worth it. Not worried about the small memory as I mainly browse and email from it. I have encoded H.264 files for my PSP which play well on the iPad too and are onky 400MB for two hours so that gives me a good amiunt of travelling entertainment but at home I just stream from my 1.5TB iTunes server using Air Video. I wish Apple officially supported doing this as with ATV streaming and that is really my only disappointment with the iPad.