Which iPhone 4 case will you choose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Katin, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Which iPhone 4 case will you choose from Apple?

1. Bumper - Black

186 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Incase Snap Case - Smoke

60 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Incase Snap Case - Clear

68 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Belkin Shield Micra - Clear

44 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Griffin Motif - Diamonds/Smoke

8 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Griffin Reveal Etch - Black/Black Graphite

45 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. Speck Fitted Case - Black Tartan

45 vote(s)
    7.6%
  8. Speck PixelSkin HD - Black

139 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Katin macrumors regular

I thought I would create a Poll for this since everyone is unsure what they want.

2. FloridaMac macrumors regular

Just got my pixelskin HD in the mail yesterday...it's the best case I've ever had. I love it. It's very form fitting and seems really durable. I highly recommend this one. I've heard other people say the same thing so I had to try it.

3. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

I chose the Speck Tartan case. No telling when it'll show up, but I've personally never had any of the reception issues that so many others are complaining about. I'll take a free case though!

4. jmitch150 macrumors regular

jmitch150

5. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Black Bumper, I just wanted something minimal as I already have a BSE full body protector on my phone and I've always quite fancied a bumper too

6. bababoey14 macrumors regular

Are that many people really going with the "bumper" lol.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I chose the Griffin Reveal. Can't complain much since it's free *shrugs*

8. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, I just looked at that. That's pretty insane.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

Apple wants everyone to have black and black, I see.

10. wol macrumors regular

Incase Smoke - seems to offer good protection, while at the same time not adding too much thickness to the iPhone. Also, I like the subdued "colors" ;)

The design of the Speck Fitted Case - Black Tartan looks great, though I was worried that the smaller opening around the LED flash might cause some stray light problems. Maybe someone could comment on their experience with taking flash photos with this case (or any or the others offered)?

11. DJUK macrumors member

DJUK

Griffin Reveal Etch for me! To me it looks the best

12. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

My brother is going to get the new iphone in a few weeks when his upgrade is available from AT&T. He wants to buy it at the AT&T corp store and not the Apple store.

Will AT&T allow him to get a free case from their in-store stock?

13. mixedONE macrumors newbie

God their choices suck. Oh well, another black bumper for me.

14. mixedONE macrumors newbie

Probably not, they'll most likely tell you to go through Apple.

15. UltimaLink macrumors regular

No way I'm going with a bumper. I'll get something else if I do get an iPhone.

I don't wanna use a case though, I looked at the iPhones at AT&T and I didn't lose signal with the way I hold phones.

16. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

That sucks..... so he will have to wait until they ship a case. In the mean time he will suffer the antenna reception problem. Hmmmm doesn't seem right.

Is it possible for him to purchase a supported case at the store and have Apple reimburse him?

17. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Doesn't griffin reveal tech has an issue with iphone 4's camera flash? I heard it takes awful pictures with camera flash due to the poor design. I know I sound picky, but I would not go for the case that doesn't work with my iphone 4. Anyone have any ideas?

18. g35 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know which ones resist trapping dust or are they all pretty good about that? The only non-sleeve case I had for 3G was a dust magnet, especially in jeans.

19. bobright macrumors 601

20. Savor Suspended

Savor

I hope you are correct because that is what I went for.

I was 50/50 between that or just another black bumper I can use as a spare. The bumper is the best looking to me because it is more minimal and doesn't cover most of iP4's beauty. But the PixelSkin HD looks more rugged and looks to provide better protection on the back, so I just ended up getting it. Read mostly positive reviews on it, and I don't like a hard shell. I figure it is FREE, so I got nothing to lose here even if some people might say it is ugly, bulky, or it sucks. I do love the bumper though, so I may never take the PixelSkin HD out of the box and may just sell it once this "free" promotion ends on Sept 30.

How strong is the LED flash with the case on? Does it get weaker or cast a shade? And what about the volume buttons? Easy to push? Is the case very easy to install? I do expect these cases to be a lint and dust magnet especially with a black color.

21. LargePants macrumors newbie

They fixed it on this version, and are sending replacements to anyone who bought the first f'd up version.

22. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

just got the app and placed an order for the incase snap case clear...i want something that shows the back of the phone off and also have better overall protection than a pos bumper....

23. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

Bit of an anti-climax as i so had my heart set on the white iPhone 4 bumper and i'm guessing staff will have been noted not to do any trade ins on the colours. I bet they are even packeaged different to stop us doing this.

I'm torn between getting the black bumper just to see what i think to them as i have already ordered my plastic screen protectors from front and back and also wondered if with the bumper on it would still slide into my Leather Sena pouch i had for my 3G, the extra thickness may makeup for the gap!?

Or the Pixel HD as i think the iPhone is rather slippy and the grip sounds good but then takes away the whole look of the iPhone.

Hmmmm after pondering colour choice and now only having black this is a real pondering moment for me......over to you gus n gals with your ideas :cool:

24. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

25. timerollson macrumors 65816