Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which configuration will happen? Select all features you *think* will be included.

• 2 cameras

Votes: 136 58.9%
  • 1 front camera

Votes: 71 30.7%
  • 1 rear camera

Votes: 60 26.0%
  • A4 processor

Votes: 195 84.4%
  • Retina display

Votes: 196 84.8%
  • iPad design

Votes: 54 23.4%
  • iPhone 4 design

Votes: 88 38.1%
  • Other design

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • FM radio

Votes: 52 22.5%
  • 3G plans available

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • SD card slot

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Integrated microphone

Votes: 128 55.4%
  • Gyroscope

Votes: 188 81.4%
  • GPS enabled

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Compass

Votes: 69 29.9%
  • Pricing: $199/$299/$399

Votes: 115 49.8%
  • Pricing: $229/$299/$399

Votes: 60 26.0%
  • Other pricing

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Base model 3rd generation

Votes: 76 32.9%
  • Base model 4th generation

Votes: 51 22.1%
  • Base model 8 GB

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • Base model 16 GB

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • 128 GB option

Votes: 27 11.7%
  • Multiple color options

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Better battery life

Votes: 184 79.7%
  • Improved audio quality

Votes: 74 32.0%
  • Orientation lock

Votes: 109 47.2%
  • 802.11n Wi-Fi

Votes: 176 76.2%

• Total voters

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
All these other threads are making this one less relevant! In an excuse to bump, I don't think the iPod touch 4G will have a flash bulb. It isn't totally necessary. Who else agrees?

Flash would be nice, but I don't think Apple will give out all of their goodies to the touch yet. They tend to drag out the years giving only minor upgrades along the way. More GB or a better processor are not major upgrades.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
All these other threads are making this one less relevant! In an excuse to bump, I don't think the iPod touch 4G will have a flash bulb. It isn't totally necessary. Who else agrees?

I agree. No flash, at least not this year. In all honestly, the flash on the iPhone, though bright, isn't a great flash. I mean, it's no replacement for a camera flash. It tends to light things up unevenly. It's range is limited, and when you're closer to an image it can wash out whatever is closest, especially faces.

I'm fine with no flash, and I don't see it happening anyway.

ademuth93

macrumors regular
Original poster
I agree. No flash, at least not this year. In all honestly, the flash on the iPhone, though bright, isn't a great flash. I mean, it's no replacement for a camera flash. It tends to light things up unevenly. It's range is limited, and when you're closer to an image it can wash out whatever is closest, especially faces.

I'm fine with no flash, and I don't see it happening anyway.

Yeah. Apple seemed to market flash as a premium feature, anyway, so I think you're right.

Next year, I guess.

Scott549

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2010
It surprises me that less than 12% think there will be a 128gb option. The 64gb version has been out for a year, hasn't it? Wouldn't this be a logical progression?

sarmo187

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2010
It surprises me that less than 12% think there will be a 128gb option. The 64gb version has been out for a year, hasn't it? Wouldn't this be a logical progression?

It would be if the price of that much memory wasnt that high.. IF they make a 128gb option its going to be along the lines of $500+ :(

Scott549

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2010
It would be if the price of that much memory wasnt that high.. IF they make a 128gb option its going to be along the lines of $500+ :(

Does 128gb of memory today cost more than 64gb of memory cost a year ago? You could be right, but I could see them doing the 128gb for $399.

Edit to add: I think also that Apple might be in a position to get a volume discount. :)

Kantosam

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
The camera will be on the new ipod 4g for sure. A friend of mine who has japanese friends just told me that in Japan they already have ipod touched with camera. Thats in fact how they take pics and upload them on facebook

Nope. sorry, I live in Japan (close enough to Akihabara to say) there are no iPod Touches with cameras over here yet. At least (like a qualifier is necessary) not among the daily users you're referring to. ;)

Kantosam

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Man, in all this time no one has mentioned this?? Ademuth: Integrated microphone!  :confused: ありがとう!

ademuth93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Not entirely sure what you're saying about the integrated mic...

If you're asking about it's probability, I'd say it's roughly equal to the probability of the iPod touch getting Facetime. The headphone mic wouldn't do the trick for Facetime, so at least a crappy integrated mic would make it much better.

Also, I don't live in Japan, but I think the camera story is ridiculous as well. We in the US would have heard about it more if Japan had cameras in its iPod touches.

boardbg

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
The A4 processor has had over 85% pretty much this whole time. I think this is a "confirmation" of A4, albeit a soft one.

Well we'll see. If u ask me most of the who voted choosed what they wish ipod touch 4 will have..

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
The only problem with this topic is that most of the community at MacRumours voted for what they 'want' to be in the new iPod Touch, not what is 'going to happen' in the configuration in the upcoming iPod Touch.

^^ Just saying, not meant for any arguments... :apple:

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
The only problem with this topic is that most of the community at MacRumours voted for what they 'want' to be in the new iPod Touch, not what is 'going to happen' in the configuration in the upcoming iPod Touch.

^^ Just saying, not meant for any arguments... :apple:

Unfortunately, we don't fully know. So hopefully someone from Apple visits threads like this and says, "Why not give them a treat this year". I think that is pretty unlikely, but maybe they would get things through their heads; like how almost no one likes chrome. They need to get opinion surveys from somewhere.

ChiChi

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
9 out of 13 I was correct! That's pretty decent ;P

I'm gonna let my 1st generation slowly die and then purchase the 4th generation. I prefer to wait for the 5th gen in the hope they will finally add a decent rear camera!

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
9 out of 13 I was correct! That's pretty decent ;P

I'm gonna let my 1st generation slowly die and then purchase the 4th generation. I prefer to wait for the 5th gen in the hope they will finally add a decent rear camera!

9/13. I was hoping for an iphone 4 look though. I guess I'll need to suffer through it...:rolleyes:

The rear camera takes good pictures as well, I don't know what you're waiting for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.