Which is the Best Screen Protector 7 +

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by harleymhs, May 2, 2017.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Hey Guys, Looking for the best 7+ screen protector.. Looking for the best optical quality.. I tried the Belkin Invisaglass from the apple store, seemed a bit hazed to me.. Any suggestions.. Thanks!

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

3. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried them before and they were very ripely .. thanks

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Which one did you get?

I could understand if it was the HDX glass, but the glass luxe and glass+ are very good. They self adhere.

5. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

I got them a long time I'll look into the glass ones .. thanks

6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I have the Zagg Saphire Defense and it scratches very easily. Light scratches, possibly only in the coating, but regardless they make the screen look terrible. I'm thinking off ditching the screen protector or trying a different one.

7. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

I like the clarity and thinness of Tech Armor HD screen protectors. They are traditional static cling, but can't tell they are on practically if you apply them properly. I also like the price and the fact that not only do they give you three per pack, but if you screw up you just email them and they send you a whole other pack. I don't care for the tempered glass because it's hard to lift those up and remove dust during installation without cracking them once they're down. For me anyway.

That said, I just applied mine a couple weeks ago on my 7 Plus and somehow there is already a faint hairline scratch on the protector. It usually takes a good while longer for that to happen, so not sure if they changed their material, but I still like them for the other reasons mentioned if you want to give them a try. They're on Amazon.

8. rhunter2342 macrumors newbie

I have the Anker tempered glass screen protector and it has been working nice so far. I don't know much about all the differences between them and they all seem pretty much the same to me.

9. Russtopher macrumors regular

Russtopher

You'll flame me if I tell you which brand I use. And they work very well.

SVP

10. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

I have he apple installed belkin. It's .21 mm and it's a perfect install every time

11. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL SARAN WRAP ? LOL

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

There's already been much discussion on this:
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-7-glass-screen-protectors.1994725/

Depends on whether you want flat or edge to edge.

13. Russtopher macrumors regular

Russtopher

IMG_2565.jpg
    No, the cheap tempered glass protectors from the Dollar Store. They work very well. Even my buddies and a couple of the T-Mobile employees are using them now too. And at that price, grab a couple of extras. They don't scratch and the oleophobic coating is holding up well too.

Russtopher

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

LOL. That's hilarious. Hey, if it works, can't argue with that.

15. zone23 macrumors 68000

16. nmeed macrumors 6502

Tech Armor Corning glass in my opinion is the best out there.

17. DevinNj macrumors 6502

18. Russtopher macrumors regular

Russtopher

I agree. Experience has taught me the same too. There are now a few T-Mobile employees near me that have migrated over to the cheaper versions. It's all about marketing and hype.

SVP

19. zone23 macrumors 68000

In my opinion Zaggs are just terrible they have serous ghosting along the edges. The girl at Best Buy said I wasn't installing it correctly I just looked at her..

20. DevinNj, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017

DevinNj macrumors 6502

I had a couple of Zaggs and haven't had issues w ghosting, but if I did, I'd much rather have to replace a cheap screen protector than an expensive one. No big whoop $3 or $4 compared to around $30, no brainer.

I don't always have faith in BB employees, or other store's employees for that matter. Some are good at what they do (some great even). But there was one time I actually showed a wireless store employee how to install screen protectors, after watching him screw up three of them on some girl's phone. It was comical.

21. zone23, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017

zone23 macrumors 68000

Just so we are on the same page when I say ghosting I actually meant "halo" my bad that's the 1/16 to 1/8" gap along the edge where the screen starts to roll over, the screen protector hangs over the edge and creates a lip for dirt and dust. Like this:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/pictures-of-iphone-6-6s-glass-screen-protector-issues.1923452/

The Yootech doesn't do this its just small enough.

Your story is pretty funny. I just told the girl I've been installing screen protectors for years.

22. DevinNj macrumors 6502

Yeah I got what you meant, I just haven't had that issue on my 6s or 6s+ that I had Zaggs on. I must have gotten lucky. I had that on the Belkin that Apple put on on my wife's 6s+ (before they used the machine) and I wasn't very pleased with the employee that installed it. She got dust under the protector in three places and it had "ghosting". That was the only time I didn't put it on myself and had a store employee do it. So after the new one came in that I ordered (Amazon cheapie) I did it myself and it was cool.

23. Russtopher macrumors regular

Russtopher

"The machine"?

24. DevinNj macrumors 6502

25. Russtopher macrumors regular

Russtopher