Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'd like this subforum to have a go to place for discussion regarding glass screen protectors either for the iPhone 7 or 7 plus. This can be for standard variety or edge to edge (E2E).

Has anyone found glass screen protectors for the 7 yet? Which manufacturers? Anyone taking preorders?

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
The links you posted to Amazon, I am not certain they are iPhone 7 specific screen protectors.

Here is an image from another thread showing the difference between iP6/iP6s & iP7
http://imgur.com/eP1puWM
Good catch. Interesting that they would advertise it as much. Apparently they simply tacked on the "iPhone 7" text to their existing products.

Have you phone any that are specifically for iPhone 7?

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
I don't have a problem with risking $16 it's the waiting for 2-3 weeks.
Yeah, that's why I went ahead and got the TechArmor Ballistic Glass until the full cover versions are available. I only paid $4.77 with coupon code EARLYIP7 at Amazon. I will get the G.D.Smith version as soon as I can confirm the cutouts are correct though.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Jigga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Can anyone confirm that the 7 glass protector is different than the 6/6S?
I have a few extra 6/6S protectors that I'd like to use on my 7.

CisRey3

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2013
Yes, I would like to know people's opinions on the Zagg. Lifetime warranty sure sounds nice!

Kstone113

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
Any recommendations on tempered glass screen protectors? Seems to be a lot more companies doing it since I got my iPhone 6 and trying to figure out are the expensive ones worth it. I see a bunch on Amazon for less than $10 which appears to be company sponsored reviews.

Thanks!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Any recommendations on tempered glass screen protectors? Seems to be a lot more companies doing it since I got my iPhone 6 and trying to figure out are the expensive ones worth it. I see a bunch on Amazon for less than $10 which appears to be company sponsored reviews.

Thanks!

I've used ZAGG Glass SP's on my iPhones since my 5...without a hitch. They work great, and ZAGG has the best warranty and customer service out there. I have the Glass SP on my 6s, and will put one on my Black 7 when it comes.

judahde

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
Ordered one for the incoming 7. However, all of the sites note the protector does not go all the way to the edge of the screen due to the side curvature. Keep that in mind.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Ordered one for the incoming 7. However, all of the sites note the protector does not go all the way to the edge of the screen due to the side curvature. Keep that in mind.
Yes, that has been the case since the iPhone 6, which is why I prefer E2E products though they're generally more expensive and don't play as nicely with cases.

Kstone113

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
I've used ZAGG Glass SP's on my iPhones since my 5...without a hitch. They work great, and ZAGG has the best warranty and customer service out there. I have the Glass SP on my 6s, and will put one on my Black 7 when it comes.

I've read great things about Zagg. Have you seen they are coming out with a sapphire screen protector? I'm wondering if that is worth it.

I'm not worried about edge to edge as I will be getting a tech21 case and they protector the corners not protected. Also, I put an edge to edge on my wife's 6 and didn't really like it and she hasn't liked it.

digital808

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Yes, I would like to know people's opinions on the Zagg. Lifetime warranty sure sounds nice!

Zagg lifetime warranty is great. You only pay for shipping ($5.99 to Hawaii). Once you receive your warrantied screen protector, they supply you with a return envelope to send back to them your damaged screen protector. Broken or not, they want it back or else they will charge you full retail price. They will send you a confirmation email saying they received your return screen protector once it's inputted into their system. Just did another warranty exchange last week.

Reactions: CisRey3

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I contacted Godosmith on eBay and asked whether or not their 6/s protectors will fit the 7 and they said "I am sorry it can not fit iPhone 7. we will launch iPhone 7 glass within 2 weeks."
Thanks for sharing. That would be awesome. Hopefully they're the same price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.