Which one is best Value 16Gb, 32GB or 64GB iphone4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjoshi123, Oct 8, 2011.

1. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

Okay I'm with Sprint and on my first iPhone, I pre-ordered 16GB one from local bestbuy on 7th. But I'm not sure if 64GB would be better value for money compared to 16GB or not ? What do you think ? I'm planning to give this to my wife and will be buying Iphone 5 for myself nextyear as it will be with 4G on Sprint. The store person at Bestbuy told me that I can exchange my iPhone for 1 time in first 14 days if I want to go with bigger size. Is there any charge for exchanging iPhone like this ?

2. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

16GB iPhone4S

You save 200$ and you can transfer 1080 HD video to computer hard drive.

Music can be converted to 128kps and if app sizes are not supersized (1GB) you will be fine.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The 16GB is not that good of a value if you need 17GB of storage space....

Just sayin'.

4. mjoshi123 thread starter macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

is there a way where I can keep my itunes collection in cloud and stream it directly to iphone when i need it ? That will save tons of space for me.

5. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

16gb
    the only reason apple is not adding a micro sd slot is because they know that people will pay $100 more for 16 more gbs of memory. some people will pay $200 more for for 48 more gbs of memory.

6. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I'm going with a 16GB.
    I have an iPod Touch 4th Gen 8GB, I barely have any space left, and I have everything I need.
    16 gigs is perfect :)

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

The one with the least memory is always the best value. 16GB more in itself is definitely not worth $100. Still, I'm buying the 32gb version for convenience.

8. tim4hire macrumors newbie

Just throwin this out there for you to consider. They might not have any phones for you to exchange as they will be sold out for weeks
    :eek::mad::rolleyes::confused:

9. rsvrfactory macrumors member

Look at it this way, $200 for 16GB or get 4X the storage for only 2X the price. I say 64GB is the best value.

10. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Which one is the best value? It depends on you. Say I bought a 16GB, but after a few days I actually need 27GB in total. Obviously the 16GB wasn't suited for me and it wasn't the best value for me.

11. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Doesn't the new iCloud mean you need less memory now? Didn't they say at the keynote that you could stream anything you've purchased via iTunes now on your iPhone without actually having it take up space?

12. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I'm not sure what this has to do with value for your money.

What size do you need? If you can afford it then get it. End of story.

13. dave006 macrumors 68020

No there is no streaming from iTunes in iCloud.

It just downloads your selected music to your devices based on your preferences in iCloud without the need to sync to a PC or Mac. You still need storage on each device.

Note: Not all the memory is available on any of the 3 options. For example, the 16 GB model only has about 14 GB for music, apps, photos/videos.... :eek:

Dave

14. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

you do know how much memory costs right? Adding 48gbs should not cost $200 more. But we know many people will buy it anyways so Apple is staking advantage of it. I would too if I had a business...

15. auero macrumors 65816

I purchased a 64GB model because my 32GB was full. I hated having to check and uncheck songs in iTunes and then realizing I didn't have them loaded on later.

After owning a 64GB it was nice to have room to breathe. Plus, $100 wasn't a big deal to me to double from 32gb.

16. monaarts macrumors 65816

Value - "An amount, as of goods, services, or money, considered to be a fair and suitable equivalent for something else; a fair price or return."

I think the 32GB is the best value but I can't get myself to spend $550+tax on an iPhone right now. Someone else might think that the 16GB is the best 'value'. Next model I will get the 32GB or higher, regardless of the price because I think by then apps, music, videos, etc will be a higher file size.

- Joe

17. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Are you going to record videos and take a lot of pictures while on the road?
    How many videos will you wan to have on your iPhone with you?

I for example have a 4 with 32 GB. I need more.
    When I travel I load many TV shows and movies.
    Also shoot many pictures and videos.
    Download some apps on the go.

The cloud might help with some of these, but if your needs include enough space to have all the things you need with you, then it is up to you to decide how to manage that.

For example, when I am in concert I want to record many of the songs, I find my 32GB not enough.

The cloud will consume data, Sprint offers the unlimited service, so how this cloud actually be a cost effective method to keep your data, paying data toll for the content you already own, doesn't make much sense to me.

Waiting for the content to download and consuming the battery charge is not efficient.
    Some if you like instant satisfaction with the content you plan to have on the go, then go for the size you actually need.

The improved camera will take bigger size shots, as the camera gets better more pictures will be taken, and how the cloud will help you to maintain free space on the device, I am not sure about that.

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The concept of value is a bit skewed here due to the fact that storage is not expandable or upgradable. That puts a premium consideration on not underestimating your need.

So a 16GB iPhone is not as valuable if you need 17Gb, even if you need to spend $200 more for the next bump. I mean, either the phone does what you need it to do or it doesn't. Getting it cheap but not meeting your needs is worth less (worthless IMHO).

19. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Maybe if we were talking about flash drives...
    The 16gb version includes all of the same components as the 64gb version. So you're paying $200 more for one part(whichs costs Apple about $20, BTW).

20. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Had the 32GB iPhone 4. Never got anywhere near filling it so i got the 16gb this time.

21. LagFighter macrumors regular

In terms of pure mathematical and economic value:

16 GB > 64 GB > 32 GB

However, value is subjective... so this is all nonsense.

Pick what you need, OP. If you have 18 GB of media and you don't want to have to switch which media you want on your iPhone all the time, then go with the higher storage capacity.

On the other hand, if you have barely any music or videos, go for the least storage capacity. I would still get 16 GB 4S over 8 GB iPhone 4, but the point is to get what you need.

I went with 64 GB for a couple of reasons. One; I've had 32 GB on iPhone 3GS and 4 for a while, and while it's enough space, it's just enough space. I usually have 31/32 GB filled (which is really more like 28/29 GB... damn storage gimmicks...). So, I'd like to give myself a bit more wiggle-room, especially since 1080p recording will eat up space very quickly.

Something else to consider is that if you resell your phone later, the storage will factor into how much you get. Usually, you can get a lot more for the most premium model, so that's what I decided to do in the end since I know I'll end up selling it for next year's revision.

22. Kubatcha macrumors newbie

REALLY?!?! It's gonna be 4G??? Wow you're the guy to go to for Iphone news.

23. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Especially if you consider that the 16GB doesn't come with a full 16GB available.

24. mjoshi123 thread starter macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

were u living under stone pal ?
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/07/sprints-lte-plans-detailed-phones-tablets-and-modems-coming-b/

Sprint is converting its existing WiMax to LTE starting next year and completing full rollout by 2013. iPhone 5 will definately take advantage of that capability to be competitive against Android handsets touting 4G for a while now. And based upon Sprints rateplans I'm not going anywhere in near future.

----------

The ideal thing for next version of iTunes would be to have userprofile asociated with iTunes that way it makes it much easier to sync multiple iPhones/iPod/iPads to same computer. I dont have to go and keep manually checking and unchecking things whenever I changed device keeping in mind what is size of my iDevice.

25. iThink Apple macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

I look at it like that...Look at how much you pay per GB

$199 \ 16GB = $12.43 per GB

$299 \ 32GB = $9.34 per GB

$399 \ 64GB = $6.23 per GB

So i would say the 64GB has the most value!!