Which Pocket? (and do you have horror stories)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KittyKatta, Oct 24, 2011.

?

Which Pocket do you carry your iPhone?

1. Front Pocket

201 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Back Pocket

15 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. No Pocket

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Purse/Bag

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

I usually carry my phone in my purse but with the iPhone I need it to be more accessible. But I'm scared about which pocket to use because front pockets sometimes have coins or keys and back pockets may result in a pickpocket or accidentally sitting on it (I'm >100lb) ;).

So im curious what people do and if there are any horror stories about carrying it the "wrong way".

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Front left pocket. It is the only thing in the pocket. Ever. Seriously, I get OCD about what is in which pocket.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Back left pocket. Only one I've use. No horror stories as I don't forget its there...

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Usually the right since my penor hangs to the left.

5. M1911 macrumors newbie

It wasn't the iphone, but my old lg dares screen got completely scratched up from having coins and other stuff in my pockets. Also I had my 3gs (no service-got from a friend) in my pocket and when I was changing out of the pants I stepped on them and crunched the screen on the iphone:(

6. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Usually keep it in my jacket pockets. Either the inside pocket or the outside chest pocket. By far the safest places for me.

Back when I had a 3GS it fell from my right trousers pocket at least 2 times when running and it really did mess up the phone in the end so I've learnt my lesson.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

8. d0ster macrumors regular

Same here with the OCD lol.

Front right pocket, keys front left.

9. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

For a long time I used a belt pouch - but since I always wear a belt pouch with a Gerber multitool, it was getting to be a little too much like the "Batman utility belt".

Fortunately as a man I am not bound by the rules of fashion that ladies must follow ;) so I purposely seek out trousers and shorts that have an extra pocket, preferably on the side of the left leg, that my iPhone (naked) will fit in. "Painter's" style trousers are great, they have a perfect size pocket. Some "Cargo" trousers or shorts also have a slim pocket tucked behind the leg cargo pocket.

The only issue is occasions where I need to wear dressier clothes, but not a sport coat. If anyone makes "dressy cargo slacks" I haven't found them yet :p so in those circumstances I usually put the phone in one front pocket and my wallet & keys together in the other (usually it's keys in one, wallet in the other).

10. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Front left pocket of my pants or shorts. And it's the only thing in that pocket.

No horror stories. (Knock on wood.)

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

No pocket.

I can get careless with where I put my keys, so I use a belt holster since I do wear a belt all the time when I do go out since my pants can be sized baggy or loose. Doesn't attract lint as much. Been doing this since Jan 2008 and my phones have remained flawless.

I do have other phones and I generally put the backup phone in the right front pocket. I like to carry around two phones and switch off. In case I step out of my car, I would rather have it slip out of my right than my left to avoid having it fall on concrete. And I have a slip case with a plastic wrapped around it when it is in my pocket to avoid lint, sand, or coins. Weird, I know. Call me a fanatic.

12. meatballs macrumors 6502

Left front pocket, screen facing in. No horror stories.

13. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Front right. Always.

Random question, left handed or right handed?

14. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Right handed.

15. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Phone in clip on waist or pocket of pants/shorts. Never in a pocket.

I've been carrying my phone this way for multiple years, I'm certainly not tied to fashion, rarely carry a purse. Function over form, er, fashion ;)

I figure I look like a geek and won't ever get a date, but having the phone handy is cheaper than dating right?? wait, all the female doctors we see wear them on their waist too, maybe I just look like a doctor?

(40-something female, with kids including a teen not embarrassed to be seen with me... Yet.)

16. appleofmy"i" macrumors regular

appleofmy"i"

Same here

Front right iPhone (nothing else!), front left keys and burts bees, back left wallet.

17. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

Right front pocket, screen facing in, bottom up

This so in one grab I have my phone in the perfect position

I only use it top up in my pocket when I am listening to music

not OCD at all...

18. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Right back pocket...however it happens to go in.

19. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Front right pocket. It is always the only thing in there as I'm paranoid the screen will be damaged with other stuff in there. This may sound very paranoid, but I don't like to do any swift movements (like playing a dancing game in an arcade or something) with the iPhone in my pocket.

Another thing I've grown to be paranoid about is the lint in my pocket. Lint got into the dock port and then I charged it, so the lint was branded on the inside and I can't get it out without a pressurized air can...

20. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I'm a back right pocket kind of girl. I've noticed that most girls my age use the back, & most guys my age use the front.

21. ryuu55 macrumors newbie

I typically carry in my otterbox defender case/holster, but when I do pocket carry it's in my front left pocket.

22. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Front right in my jeans, haven't had a problem yet.

23. mush03 macrumors newbie

front left cause the right side on my jeans has those mini pocket with the metal thing

24. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I put mine in my purse. I don't want it with me when I work (I work retail and it could get banged around) and honestly, with the way I pack my purse (it's very tight in there), my iphone gets very cushioned (but I arrange it that way as well). Long as I zip up my purse, I get no accidents (But it has slipped out of my purse when I forget but they all have been pretty low falls so nothing bad so far).

If I am pressed for time and don't have time to get it in my purse it usually goes in one of my front pockets (usually the left, don't know why, I'm right handed) until I can get it back in the purse. Almost caught it slipping out to drop one time this way.