Which Web Browser App(s) Do You Use On Your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by irDigital0l, May 1, 2011.

?

Which Web Browser App(s) Do You Use On Your iPad?

1. Safari

192 vote(s)
    64.2%
  2. Google

10 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Bing

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Terra

44 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Atomic

80 vote(s)
    26.8%
  6. Skyfire

13 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Mercury

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. iCab

52 vote(s)
    17.4%
  9. Other

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. irDigital0l Guest

Right now Terra and Bing. Bing doesnt have bookmarks feature so I use Terra, but Bing looks really nice.

2. MMakoto macrumors member

Terra is my current favorite now, but they still need implement the google search suggestions.

3. aleni macrumors 68020

i tried terra and mercury, it crashed alot even the multitasking bar was empty.

atomic for me, the UI is butt ugly though.

one thing i like about atomic is i can set three tap fingers to cycle between tabs, so i just doing the gesture to switch between tabs and when it reaches the last tab, it will go back to the first tab.

the other browsers only let you set three tap fingers to the next tab or previous tab, no cycling between tabs.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

5. aleni macrumors 68020

switching tabs on safari is annoying. if safari includes a tab bar, i would delete atomic in a heart beat.

6. kramerica2 macrumors regular

Sadly, I have to use Safari, since it's much faster.

However, the lack of tabs is extremely annoying.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Really like the big microphone icon in Bing. Being able to speak a search command is so easy and feels like Star Trek. That said, where's the effin' back button in it?

8. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

didn't even know there were so many. just safari

9. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Safari.

3rd party apps don't have the Nitro engine, so JS intensive websites feel much slower in 3rd party apps.

Once (and if) Apple enables Nitro for 3rd party use, I'll jump back to Terra, that I've used before.

10. zunairryk macrumors regular

I love Safari, but im forced to use third party browsers for the sole purpose of blocking ads. Only if there was a way to block ads in Safari.

Atomic - Ugly UI
    Mercury:Many annoying bugs.
    Icab: Doesnt load some sites (eg: nytimes) properly when the adblock feature is on.

11. weenie macrumors member

This...

And I also use MobileMe to keep the favorite links synchronized across all my Internet devices (PC, Mac, iOS), and haven't found an automated way to pull them into Terra, Atomic, etc yet...

But I do like the gesture features in other browsers, just wish that Safari has them.

12. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I like Safari but Atomic feels more like a grown-up desktop browser to me.
    Agreed it could do with being a bit prettier tho.

Where`s Firefox for iPad? Sigh...

13. Skika macrumors 68030

14. Wozza2010 macrumors member

ICab is the best by far.

I've just grabbed the latest update and you can now swipe back and forth between open tabs. It's awesome.

15. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Firefox will be on right after apple lets in Google Chrome.

16. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Try iCab. It's Atomic if it had Apple designers. Has all the features (inc. multi-finger gestures) plus a few extra, like file downloads and uploads.

[​IMG]

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

18. aleni macrumors 68020

tried that before, only atomic can cycle betwen tabs with one gesture.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Been using icab but just switched to terra, so far it isn't bad.

20. whaleboy macrumors member

The new Icab update lets you swipe between tabs with one finger. I have both Atomic and Icab, liked the functionality and how much you could customize Atomic (tons of options) but it is pretty ugly. Icab is far easier to look at but I missed the ability to customize the interface more (therefore was using Atomic more).

Icab just released an update that adds most of what I was missing, so now its what I'm in all the time. I'm missing "find in page" search though, but I don't think any of the IOS browsers have this. If you've tried Icab before I'd try it again (after updating).

-David

21. Jof macrumors regular

After using iCab, Atomic and Mercury daily for a while, I think iCab has the edge if only because it doesn't offend my eyes so much :p

22. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I use both Safari and iCab.
    iCab being my favorite due to the fact of being able to down load and upload files.
    Safari for synching my bookmarks and keychain and is also a little faster.

23. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

I use Puffin it is the best desktop experience to me. I get flash if I want and I have the ability to turn it off . It is smooth and fast. I can watch hulu videos or just about any video on the web. It is my most use app. It is hard to go to safari after using it because as fast as safari has become it is not as fast as Puffin.

24. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I like Terra for the tabs. I bought Skyfire for iPhone and it didn't work for any of the sites I was trying to run flash on, so I didn't even bother with it on iPad.

Terra is a really awesome browser if you want tabs, but for some reason I never think to use it--I need to add it to my dock so I stop forgetting about it.

25. yegon macrumors 68020

Don't know how anyone can use Safari extensively. I've little doubt it's probably the fastest and prettiest, but functionality wise it's like "My first browser".

iCab for me, very very good indeed. Was without an iPad for about 6 months before the 2 came along, and iCab has really come on leaps and bounds in that time.