All iPads White iPad at work

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jena55, Dec 11, 2013.

1. jena55 macrumors member

I know this is kind of silly, but just curious.....

Does anyone have a white iPad that they use at work? Particularly in an office setting? I will be purchasing an iPad air soon mainly for use at my job. I am in an office environment and spend way too much time in meetings. I plan to use my iPad to make notes in meetings and keep my thoughts organized from one meeting to the next.

So my question.... is a white iPad unprofessional? Others I work with who have iPads have black iPads, but I am considering white and am wondering if it will come off less executive-ish if you know what I mean.

Opinions?

Thanks!

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Are you an executive?

Funny you should mention it. I haven't seen white iPads in a professional setting. A couple of white iPhones, but no white iPads. Weird.

3. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Get what you like. You can always purchase a nice black leather case.

4. Misskitty macrumors 6502

I know I told my workers that white ipads are banned from the office. Black only. White is unprofessional and kiddy.

5. ucfgrad11 macrumors member

what difference does it make? i work at an accounting firm and several of us have white iPhones. Guys and girls alike. I know it's not an iPad but we don't really use them for work.

6. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I hope your kidding :)

7. donnaw macrumors 65816

OP, professionalism comes from you, not your equipment. Get the white, if you're really uncomfortable about it get a really nice leather case. But after 30+ years in professional settings I promise your attitude and actions will have more import on what your co-workers and bosses think of you.

Enjoy!

8. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

You'll be fine with a white iPad if that's your preference. If you're an executive, then you could be deem as a leader that does things differently. if you're not an executive, then there's no need to worry about it. I would use the white one.

9. luckylisp macrumors 6502

No, white is not unprofessional. Get what you like.

10. Arid macrumors member

Arid

Our firm allows any color iPads as long as it's white!;)

11. fredylee macrumors member

I heard Jony Ive uses white ipad. Personally, I can't live with the white border. Too distracting for me.

12. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

It really is.

But wearing black shoes with a brown belt? Now that **** is never acceptable!

13. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

The biggest problem with white is it looks nasty after a while but if you do not care if people see that, you should be good!

Incoming!:rolleyes:

14. alexgowers macrumors 65816

15. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Perhaps people in that type of environment choose black due to the contrast/readability issue.

I happen to think that the contrast a black frame creates for the content aids reading, so this is just a personal opinion and a guess. iPads at work might be used in both office settings with bright lights and conference rooms with dimmed lights (during ppt presentations etc). It's entirely possible that the dark border makes it easier to read from in varying light conditions.

I work in both settings, and it helps me at least. But as for one looking better or more professional than the other, I'd think you'd have to venture farther out in colour schemes for that to make a difference. Pink, now - - that would be unprofessional. :p

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

How's that work when the white behind the glass? :confused:

17. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

my company just bought a bunch of white 5cs for a sales team id say go for it.

----------

I don't think it comes in any other color! :p

18. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Just look at yours and see!:p

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why do people keep asking if white is unprofessional? I have a white iPad 3 and I have brought it into the office. No one thought I was unprofessional. In fact, a logical adult wouldn't really care at all.

----------

Incorrect. My iPad 3 has been everywhere and does not have a screen protector. Compared to a new white iPad, it is not at all discolored.

20. vito macrumors 6502a

Only on Macrumors do you get folk associating colour with gender or colour with professionalism :D

We have a good mix here at work.

Doesn't really matter IMO.

21. deeddawg macrumors 604

Unhelpful response. If I'd seen any trouble with white idevices I wouldn't have asked my question.

22. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

For someone who personally can't decide between the iPad air and mini- and has started numerous threads stating such, I applaud you for being decisive on the white vs the black.

23. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

All of our company iPads are white... But I can't think of a single one of us that has a white personal iPad. No reason either.

Me, personally... I just don't do white with apple products. Just a preference.

24. darngooddesign macrumors G3

How does it look nasty?

25. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

White iPads are only banned after labor day.. amirite ladies.. :confused: