Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

All iPads White iPad at work

jena55

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
I know this is kind of silly, but just curious.....

Does anyone have a white iPad that they use at work? Particularly in an office setting? I will be purchasing an iPad air soon mainly for use at my job. I am in an office environment and spend way too much time in meetings. I plan to use my iPad to make notes in meetings and keep my thoughts organized from one meeting to the next.

So my question.... is a white iPad unprofessional? Others I work with who have iPads have black iPads, but I am considering white and am wondering if it will come off less executive-ish if you know what I mean.

Opinions?

Thanks!

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Are you an executive?

Funny you should mention it. I haven't seen white iPads in a professional setting. A couple of white iPhones, but no white iPads. Weird.

Comment

Misskitty

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
I know this is kind of silly, but just curious.....

Does anyone have a white iPad that they use at work? Particularly in an office setting? I will be purchasing an iPad air soon mainly for use at my job. I am in an office environment and spend way too much time in meetings. I plan to use my iPad to make notes in meetings and keep my thoughts organized from one meeting to the next.

So my question.... is a white iPad unprofessional? Others I work with who have iPads have black iPads, but I am considering white and am wondering if it will come off less executive-ish if you know what I mean.

Opinions?

Thanks!

I know I told my workers that white ipads are banned from the office. Black only. White is unprofessional and kiddy.

Comment

ucfgrad11

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2013
I know I told my workers that white ipads are banned from the office. Black only. White is unprofessional and kiddy.

what difference does it make? i work at an accounting firm and several of us have white iPhones. Guys and girls alike. I know it's not an iPad but we don't really use them for work.

Comment

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
OP, professionalism comes from you, not your equipment. Get the white, if you're really uncomfortable about it get a really nice leather case. But after 30+ years in professional settings I promise your attitude and actions will have more import on what your co-workers and bosses think of you.

Enjoy!

Comment

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
You'll be fine with a white iPad if that's your preference. If you're an executive, then you could be deem as a leader that does things differently. if you're not an executive, then there's no need to worry about it. I would use the white one.

Comment

fredylee

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2013
I heard Jony Ive uses white ipad. Personally, I can't live with the white border. Too distracting for me.

Comment

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
The biggest problem with white is it looks nasty after a while but if you do not care if people see that, you should be good!

Incoming!:rolleyes:

Comment

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Perhaps people in that type of environment choose black due to the contrast/readability issue.

I happen to think that the contrast a black frame creates for the content aids reading, so this is just a personal opinion and a guess. iPads at work might be used in both office settings with bright lights and conference rooms with dimmed lights (during ppt presentations etc). It's entirely possible that the dark border makes it easier to read from in varying light conditions.

I work in both settings, and it helps me at least. But as for one looking better or more professional than the other, I'd think you'd have to venture farther out in colour schemes for that to make a difference. Pink, now - - that would be unprofessional. :p

Comment

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Why do people keep asking if white is unprofessional? I have a white iPad 3 and I have brought it into the office. No one thought I was unprofessional. In fact, a logical adult wouldn't really care at all.

----------

The biggest problem with white is it looks nasty after a while but if you do not care if people see that, you should be good!

Incoming!:rolleyes:

Incorrect. My iPad 3 has been everywhere and does not have a screen protector. Compared to a new white iPad, it is not at all discolored.

Comment

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Only on Macrumors do you get folk associating colour with gender or colour with professionalism :D

We have a good mix here at work.

Doesn't really matter IMO.

Comment

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA

For someone who personally can't decide between the iPad air and mini- and has started numerous threads stating such, I applaud you for being decisive on the white vs the black.

Comment

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
All of our company iPads are white... But I can't think of a single one of us that has a white personal iPad. No reason either.

Me, personally... I just don't do white with apple products. Just a preference.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.