White iPhone 4 NOW!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CooKieMoNs7eR, Jul 26, 2010.

1. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

First of all no I'm not promoting this site, but I just wanted to show people that you can turn your black iPhone 4 to a white one if you don't wanna wait anymore for Apple to release the white model.

here is the site:
    http://www.whiteiphone4now.com/

What you guys think?:confused:

I myself wanna do it but it's kinda too expensive.

2. nateharr macrumors 6502

This is the very definition of "promoting the site."

I wouldn't trust the parts and it's expensive for a simple color upgrade.

3. redbotsoftware macrumors regular

4. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Someone is raking in lots of dosh. Yikes. That is way too pricey.

5. sportster macrumors 6502

6. CooKieMoNs7eR thread starter macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I just showed this because a lot of people are pissed off that Apple delayed the white model again that's all, no one has to buy it, I'm not forcing anyone.

7. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Huge scam. I bet if you asked nice they'll throw in some beachfront property and a massage with happy ending. Please don't even pretend this is legit.

8. Schweitzer macrumors regular

9. big0mar macrumors regular

Doesn't really seem that expensive. You are getting a retina display and digitizer after all.

personally, I wouldn't like having the front be white. I'm considering just purchasing the white back panel.

10. CooKieMoNs7eR thread starter macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I agree, I would prolly pay $50 max, but not $300.

11. Kevio macrumors regular

What a scam they are running. $299 for the whole setup, but they still want $135 for JUST the back panel? I wish people would smarten up and not buy that crap so that they couldn't sell them at such a high price.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

So for the price of a new iPhone I can get the iPhone I just bought to be white? Um no.

How badly do you want/need a white iPhone to spend $299 for a kit to do it? I'd love to "chat" with one of those people who ordered the kit. Really...

13. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Say bye bye to your warranty (unless you want to rebuild it back to black any time you need service).

14. ngonerogwu macrumors newbie

Their price is slightly higher than ordering the parts separately, but its not out of line considering the prices on other sites.

I dunno if its legit or not though... it's awfully tempting.

http://www.iresq.com/iphone-repair/iphone-4.html

Just ordering the parts from there (which is known legit), will put you to just shy 300, and you'll still need a white home button, which would put you over their price.

I bought the 32gb on launch day, and had several of the common problems (yellow camera, proximity sensor), so i returned it. Thought I'd use a lot more space for video recording.. but after I saw how much space I don't use, think I'm going to get the 16gb this time around. I figure with the extra money from that, plus a bit of extra cash, I might buy the white parts.

15. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

16. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

I bought a $199 16gb on launch day...

And just ordered a 32gb for $499 from AT&T :) Wanted the extra space.

Receive 32gb, sell 16gb "new" jailbroken and unlocked for around $700-$750 on eBay, buy white back, completely pay for all cases, 32gb ip4 and white back ;)

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It is doubling the cost of the iPhone. I would rather wait for Apple or just keep my black iPhone.

18. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

You got that right! See dictionary entry for 'more money than brains'...

19. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Really makes you wonder how Apple can be having so many problems with these phones if there are enough parts out there for people to be able to build their own.

However, since these kits do not provide the white Dock connector or headphone parts, they're more like 80% white iPhones.

20. labman macrumors 604

labman

except there is no jb/ul out yet. ;) plus att will catch on expect to pay 699 + tax, not that easy sorry. unless you signed up a number that doesn't care if they have another phone.

21. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

Wrong wrong wrong :)

I called AT&T to confirm pricing and they said I was good to go at $499. FTR- I also was quoted that price at apple.com. And the JB/unlock will be here soon enough!

22. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

oh really? too quick to speak.

click

23. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

24. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Eh, maybe, but I don't mind discussing the whole DIY white iPhone thing... like I said though, just have to wonder if Apple is having all these problems where all the parts are coming from :p