White iPhone 4 This Month!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nagooya, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Nagooya macrumors 6502

Nagooya

Only a few more weeeeks! Who else is stoked?! Perhaps the antenna issue will be fixed by then. O. M. G. :D

2. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

Please prove a link of this information and the antenna issue won't be fixed because Apple is denying any problem exists.

3. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I wouldn't bank on a couple weeks. I would expect to see it available for order on the website at the very end of the month. You won't have it in hand until August methinks.

4. twigg macrumors member

I'm somewhat interested in them. I doubt the reception issue will be fixed and i expect these to have more issues due to the fact that there was a major manufacturing issue with them that cause them to delay it over a month. But, if theres an issue you can always get it replaced (unless Apple pulls some more BS).

5. 0101001 macrumors 6502

6. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it looks like ass, seriously, it looks awful to me. And I bet it yellows after a while!

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

What's the big attraction to white? Wouldn't it show dirt easier?

Just curious I guess.

8. JPG54 macrumors member

BS.....I haven't seen a white Apple product yet that "yellowed". My white 3Gs is as pure white as the day I bought it, as is my white iPod that is 4 years ol.

9. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Ar matey, 'tis the Great White for me. Worth waitin' for. Arrrr.

10. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I wouldn't worry about dirt/yellowing since the glass is over the actual white part and can be wiped off...

11. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Here's the quote from the Apple site:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/06/23iphonestatement.html

Where does it say "major" manufacturing issue? It could easily have been a small issue with coloring. It wouldn't be anything related to the hardware, since the black and white version are IDENTICAL (with the exception of color of course).

Clearly Apple was confident enough with the White iPhones to send one to Walt Mossberg to review. Highly doubt there will be more issues with the White iPhone.

http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20100622/apple-iphone4-review/

The screen is glass. It isn't going to "yellow" anymore than the black would. With the oleophobic coating, a quick rub with a towel and its as good as new.

I'm also looking forward to the White iPhone. I held off on the black because it looked too much like an ice cream sandwich, and frankly is outdated. The white is at least something new to look at.

12. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I read that it was something like the after mid July but you can find it for yourself. Should take a whole 5 seconds.

EDIT...Yep, took about 5 seconds.

13. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

14. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Actually no. What shows dirt easier? A black car or a white car? Dirt/dust and fingerprints will show more on a black one.

15. kolax macrumors G3

Not true.

The white iPhone has a different proximity sensor - a metallic reflective strip above the ear speaker. The black iPhone, like all previous models, has black a black dot for the proximity sensor in a different position.

My guess is they are having last minute problems with that. Though, Engadget received a replacement white front part (official part) and reported no issues with the proximity sensor (yet).

16. trssho macrumors 6502

I plan to order a replacent white back she the price comes down. About a 2 minute job with 2 screws. I also prefer the black front. The front is what makes the white model look cheesey.

17. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

I'm hopeful but I don't expect anything to be released all that soon.

18. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Incorrect sir, they black iPhone 4 has the same proximity sensor it is just hard to see the black holes in the black front glass. Here is a picture from a different thread which was lightened to reveal the same location of the proximity sensor.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10116104&postcount=12

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The fact is, they're still different in that regard: the metallic strip.

20. kolax macrumors G3

My bad. I assumed it was the same as the previous iPhones.

21. g33 macrumors 6502

i got a feeling its going to be available on the 24th of July as a lot fo UK networks will then be freely releasing them such as O2 (to new customers), 3 and T Mobile

im still really undecided about which to have thats why i cancelled my order otherwise it would have probably arrived by now. at first i thoguht it looked tacky but when i see engadgets hands on gallery of the white iPhone 4 i cant help but think it does actually look much better than the dull black one :) in the pics it actually looks a bit more 'classy'. then again each to their own and all that jazz. on the other hand in the corporate world a black one is more fitting i think as the white is more of a fashion statement - if you could call it that :eek:

22. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

23. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Look at Sleazy's post again. He talks about it not being available until August. The very last day of July is still July. Also reread Apple's statement. iPhone 4 will be AVAILABLE (not a preorder) in July.

Again, only a color difference. Same hardware, same design.