White iPhone 4 to Launch on April 26th?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 16, 2011.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last week, Apple confirmed rumors that the White iPhone 4 would finally be launching soon. Multiple sources pegged the release by the end of April, and iPhoneItalia now reports that April 26th will be the day.

The white iPhone 4 was first announced alongside the black model when the iPhone 4 was first introduced. Production issues with the white paint, however, have since held up its release.

Article Link: White iPhone 4 to Launch on April 26th?

2. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    A whole year Later ?

Whats the point?

Shouldn't we be seeing the 5 by now?

3. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I guess iPhone 5 will be coming out abit later. :(

5. theheadguy macrumors 65816

Obviously not.

The point is, Apple doesn't need to release the iPhone 5 yet. They think can keep wooing us with a third iteration of the iPhone 4.

6. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

I ended up buying an iPhone 4 ten days ago because my 3G s died (I really was hoping that my 3G s would have lasted until the iPhone 5). With this news I might look into the possibility of 'sidegrading' to the white iPhone 4.
    I'm still within the 30 day return policy with Apple-I just need to see if AT&T will penalize me.

7. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    Yeah, I think they knew from the first day of launching the iPhone 4 that there was no way they would be able to launch the 5 on time so they purposely held back on the white one to keep interest in the 4 while we have to wait longer.

They planned it this way

8. SilianRail macrumors 6502

Pretty damn cocky to release a 10 month old phone.

9. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Yeah. I gave up waiting for the white iPhone last August, but I'd love to swap. Best bet would be if I could convince someone who plans on getting a 4 to buy a white one and trading. Don't think I'd be able to sell mine for enough to pay for a white one. :(

10. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

No iP5 so just to keep the torches and pitchforks at bay Apple "releases" the same thing just with different lipstick. LOL!

Sadly, there's plenty of folks that will lap this up.

11. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

complaining and moaning, looks like macrumors users never change.

No one is forcing you to buy the phone, this at least gives people who always wanted a real iPhone 4 an option now

12. thelairster macrumors newbie

When the actual reason isn't enough!

13. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Eh...I already got one...and if anyone else wanted a white iPhone 4 they could have gotten one - either buying a converted one or just do it themselves. I can understand if the phone launched in December...but now is just down right silly. I remember on the day preorders started for the 4 some people said they would wait...I don't think anyone could have anticipated 10 months though!

14. skellener macrumors 68000

skellener

Then again, iPhone 5 could still come out in the not too distant future and iPhone 4, black and now white versions could become the new $49 phones like the 3Gs is now.

15. applefan27073 macrumors member

applefan27073

iPhone 5

That's the point. Apple is using this to postpone their introduction of the iPhone 5. I will admit, it has taken them a considerably long time to introduce it in the iPhone 4:mad:. I was hoping they would just focus on getting a black and white 5.:confused:

16. SandynJosh macrumors 68000

And why is this to be "sadly?" People buy phones all year around. Grow up.

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This will be a good way to boost sales until the iPhone 5 comes out. Clever, Apple, clever.

18. SquallLeonhartd macrumors newbie

imho they have to release the iphone 5 in the summer, cuz many contracts will ending at this time.

19. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It's not like your phone will stop working when your contract expires. iPhone lovers will wait until the next one comes out, even if their contract has expired. If they can't wait they'll just buy an iPhone 4, considering one's contract wouldn't expire this summer if they already have an iPhone 4.

20. cvaldes macrumors 68040

My guess is that Apple will do whatever they damned well please and if that means delaying a handset launch by several months, they will do so and that their carrier partners will offer some sort of grace period or move their customers to month-to-month to avoid churn.

People purchase iPhones all year long and the two-year subscription cycle is not a worldwide requirement. It depends on the individual carrier:

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/01/chart-iphone-sales-by-quarter/69746/

21. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

I was thinking of selling my iPhone 4 and using the money to buy a white iPhone 4, put it in an otterbox and keep it in perfect shape then sell it when iPhone 5 is released. I've owned a lot of iPhones since day one and for some reason the white iPhones have a higher resale value than the black ones.

22. Forgeron macrumors member

People have been signing up for iPhone contracts, and have renewed them spread out over the last 48 months there have been iPhones. What makes you think "many" people will be out of a contract this summer?

23. R2D2 xx macrumors member

I hope they're worrying about getting iPhone5 available to us ASAP. My work just got me the HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon and it's NICE and sooo fast. I like using that more than my personal iPhone.

24. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

Yeah, right. People doing summersaults over a white iphone and *I* need to grow up.

LOL!

25. bassfingers macrumors 6502

bassfingers