White MacBook [unibody] Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sidefx, Jan 18, 2010.

1. sidefx macrumors regular

Haven't found too many people on this board with one so figured I would start a thread! Also I'm new to the boards and just sold my 5 year old powerbook g4 to get a new macbook unibody. The only add-on so far is a red speck case.

2. njd96 macrumors newbie

3. Ammo macrumors regular

I have one...best value for the money until the new Pros come out.

And I'm in no hurry to get one of those, this thing is blistering fast as is.

4. sidefx thread starter macrumors regular

Its very fast compared to my 1.5 G4, time machine backs up in under a min compared to sometimes 15-20 mins. Only bad thing so far is I have had finder lock up on me twice where I need to force quit.

5. iRach macrumors member

iRach

I have one, it's brilliant!:D
    I love the trackpad so much.

6. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

I have one! Only problem is that the Airport connection cuts out every few minutes and says I still have a full connection haha. But besides that, I love it. The 13" screen is much bigger than it sounds.

7. hellojamie macrumors newbie

Absolutely love mine. It's so cute and pretty! And the only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did was a remote. I probably wouldn't use it often, but it would be nice to have.

My boyfriend opened mine up and sat there for a while waiting for it to load. Then he was like, "Oh, is it booted up already?"

8. Alx9876 macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

I just bought one a few weeks ago. I love it so much. All the features like the LED screen is all I ever wanted in a white Macbook.

I am buying a hard drive upgrade soon. To bad no one on this board wanted to comment on my thread to help me find one or give me suggestions. I'm going with Hitachi to over Western Digital.
    :)

9. *Harlow* macrumors member

Hey guys,

I just ordered mine via amazon.com 5 mins. ago. This will be my first mac, I was waiting to see if there was going to be a MBP update before ordering. I'm a little leary of the 13.3 screen size on the MB, so I'm hoping I wont be disappointed when mine arrives. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere..so I was unable to see one on display. Now, I'm just looking for a keyboard skin.

10. Alx9876 macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

If you ever seen the Macbook Air or the new Aluminum Macbook Pro laptop's then you are in for a treat. The new white Unibody has a beautiful screen. Very bright indeed. You might need sun glasses it's so bright. But all in all I'm sure you will love it.

The 13.3 screen is three centimeters bigger than the 13" Aluminum Macbooks. :)

11. njd96 macrumors newbie

the best skin for your keyboard is probably the moshi cleargaurd for your keyboard. i have it and portoects it very well also it is very, very thin. look it up!!!:):apple:

12. Foreign Feeling macrumors member

I got one as a Christmas present and this is my first mac. I can't stress how much I love the speed of this laptop compared to other computers that I have used in the past. The only negative thing I have about this laptop is that Apple removed the IR sensor so now the Apple Remote is not compatible with the new macbook.....

13. *Harlow* macrumors member

Thanks, it's exactly what I was looking for. :)

14. d4nvu macrumors newbie

I just got my new unibody macbook 5 days ago and the battery health already dropped to 92% after only 4 cycles. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

[​IMG]

15. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Bought it yesterday from a great friend of mine (who is really rich...)
    He sold me a Brand New IN BOX Unibody White MacBook.
    It's great!!!
    The Screen is amazing!
    Graphics
    Rendering videos
    iSight camera is way better
    the Mic is way better
    the whole feeling to it is amazing
    and last but not least
    THE BATTERY
    no lies around 4 to 5 hours with max everything
    and i was playing sims 3 on battery power for about 2 hours, i still had 2 hours left after.

Only thing. No firewire/SD/Backlight keyboard
    Doesn't matter to me. It's great and i bought it for a cheap price!

16. bsblvnv macrumors regular

All I can say is WOW

I have had mine for two weeks, and this is my first Mac; but it will not be my last. Being used to PC's the first thing I did was upgrade the RAM from 2gb to 4gb. I really don't see much of a difference in the everyday computing tasks, but in Photoshop and Final Cut Pro it is blazing now. I am thinking about upgrading the Hard Drive next but I may just do an external instead. But back to the topic, I absolutely love my Macbook.

The only real problem that I have had so far is when replacing the RAM, one of the screws was in to tight on the bottom of the case and my 00 screwdriver would not get it out, so I took it to the apple store and they removed it for me!

Regardless I would definitely recommend it to anyone without any reservations.

17. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

YAY!!!I'm finally apart of a modern Mac owners thread.:)

I love my Macbook,I have had it for about a week and will not be replacing it for a while. It's really fast too.I love having a Core 2 Duo finally and will never be going back to Power PC. :D

It does need 4GB of ram soon though.

18. *Harlow* macrumors member

I got my MB last night and I'm really happy with the screen size. Being a life long PC user, I'm still getting the hang of things on my mac but so far I'm pretty impressed. :apple:

19. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I have mine first release, will be selling it to ged the iPad

20. michael gavriel macrumors newbie

Model Identifier: MacBook6,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 2 GB

pretty sure i have the one you guys have...

virtually no issues in the first 2 + months.

21. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

So i just have a question for us users of the new unibody white macbook...
    what's the actual max ram for this great machine?
    I mean it's sort of using the same as the pro's but will it be able to handle 8gb or is it only 4gb max?

22. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Had an old generation poly-carb macbook. Once the alums came out, figured that was it.

I love my 13 pro.....but then I did play with one, and ended up buying one of the unibody macbooks.

Very very nice. It's my kicking around machine. Web stuff, school stuff, killing time with music, ect.

My Pro is the hardcore business machine, runs my company stuff, ect.

Couldn't be happier with the poly-unibody design.

23. bsblvnv macrumors regular

With the intergration of 64 bit in Snow Leopard technically you could use over 100gb or 1000gb, there is a limit but I can't remember it now something like 64,000gb. And Here you can buy the 2 4gb sticks.

I have spoken to Apple and they go with the canned statement that the maximum is 4gb. When I ask why all they say is that the maximum is 4gb.

I personally can't afford the 8gb, so I upgraded mine to 4gb. But theoretically I see no reason why it won't work.

If I am wrong or anyone else has any input please feel free to correct me if need be.

24. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I have to say though,I'm disappointed in the quality of the case,it scratches way to easily.

25. bsblvnv macrumors regular

All the macbooks except the aluminum ones scratched way to easily. That is the Main reason to get the MBP. I have been pretty careful with mine and keeping it clean and stuff and you can see the swirl marks only at certain angles in certain lights.

But to stop further marks I am thinking about getting this . If anyone has used one please let me know what you think.