White vs Black: A Great Video About The Pros & Cons.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BergerFan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

What's up with the aspect ratio or has Apple released a 2.35 iPad?:D

3. BergerFan thread starter macrumors 68020

BergerFan

No idea. It looks fine on my iPad.

4. JayDH macrumors 6502

Thanks for the video, it's pretty good. I like both colors and had a tough time deciding. I got the white for two reasons:

1. It's different than my old iPad and most iPads out there; and
    2 It was available!

I'm really happy with it.

5. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I'm definitely getting the White iPad. It's classic Apple and is a throwback to the first iPod I ever had back in 2003, which made me fall in love with Apple products in the first place.

6. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

He forgot to mention that fingerprints are barely visible on the white bezel. Still a problem once you turn the screen off though, but thats what the smart cover is for :D

It would be interesting to see a side by side of a white iPad and black one outside in the sun doing the same tasks to see how much the bezel affects temperature.

7. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Now that white's available, I would get the white one.

8. elan123 macrumors 6502

Shows less scratches, bwahaha

9. slicecom macrumors 68020

The white one looks better when the screen is off, the black one looks better with the screen on. Since I'll be looking at it most with the screen on, I want a black one.

10. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Depends on what you're using the screen for. When watching movies or videos, yes the black looks better but when surfing the web or looking at pictures, I think the white looks better.

11. JayDH macrumors 6502

I agree with this. Also, if you are watching a movie in the dark, I find that the white bezel disappears anyways. So the only time I see the black being significantly better is when watching a movie in a lit area.

That being said, just get whichever one you like better. I don't think there is a strong advantage to either color.

12. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Black is more neutral than white for electronics. Everyone knows this.

White is better for walls.

13. snow blind macrumors regular

I love my white one because of all the reading/websurfing i do on it. The white blends in and actually makes it easier on the eyes and more visually appealing overall... more like a sheet of paper than a black framed window.

14. Alx9876 macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

Funny you posted this because everything you said above^^ is exactly how I feel about the black model over the white model.

The White iPad 2 is very distracting overall for everything. I do not like my eyes constantly wondering around when I am trying to focus on something.

It's a constant annoyance. I really wanted the White model badly until I had both black and white units in my hands and did a 1 hour long no life comparison of the two.

I guess it really boils down to the individuals eye sight. I have perfect eye sight by the way. Just my opinion.
    :D

15. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    hmmm interesting.

I bought a black iPad 2 first. Sold it yesterday. Maybe I'll get a white one next...

Nah, probably just black again. But I dunno, I go back and forth

16. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Bought a 32GB black one last week because I couldn't find the white one. It is sleek and the performance is awesome. It matches my iMac, iPhone 4, and MBP nicely. However, I was able to buy a 32GB white one today and I'm going to keep that one and take my black one back. I can't lose either way but I like the "difference" of the white.

17. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i'm loving my white ipad! it reminds me of the days when i owned a whitebook, which was less than a year ago...it's named whitebook 2.0 in itunes :D

18. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I think both are attractive. It's all about the screen anyway.

...but, some of those reasons for white were just stupid.

19. jddar macrumors regular

jddar

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I ordered a white 16GB AT&T 3G from Apple.com. I gave both versions a test drive at my local Apple Retail Store. I liked the white best. Ordered on March 12, estimated ship date of April 11, estimated delivery April 14 :(

20. AF08 macrumors member

AF08

:)

Same here.. my first mac was a white MacBook.. so it reminds me of that. :D

21. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I really like DetroitBORG's videos reviews. He's much more thorough than the other guys. I think I'd get black just because it looks better when it's turned off and less distracting. I think white looks very stylish though and can be used in different applications like in hospitals.

22. Fliesen, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

[​IMG]no fingerprints / less visible dust is indeed intriguing.

Besides, i have a white macbook and i'm sporting a white bumper on my iPhone, while my PC Gaming rig is all black.
    I'd actually go with a white one. But then again, if they're all out of 16gig WiFi models in white on Friday and they happen to have a spare black, i'll consider that fate ;)

23. Cheetablaze macrumors member

I brought home the one with the black bezel and I already have a dozen people that want to drool over it. The black is soooooo sexy!

24. Eallan macrumors 6502

I have a white, but I'm trying hard to decide if i love it/hate it.

25. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

now the white ipad looks better in the pics but i don't know weather or not i would buy it.