Who do you think will get the Iron Throne? Poll!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Not-Sure, May 5, 2019.

Tags:
?

Who do you think will get the Iron Throne in GOT?

Poll closed May 26, 2019.
  1. Jon "Snow"

28.6%
  2. Daenerys Stormborn

4.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

16.7%
  4. Cersei Lannister

3.6%
  5. Arya Stark

2.4%
  6. Tyrion Lannister

7.1%
  7. Jaime Prince Charming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Samwell Tarly

4.8%
  9. Thanos

3.6%
  10. The dragon

8.3%
  11. Eli Moskowitz AKA The Hawk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Gendry Baratheon (pushing the envelope here)

7.1%
  13. Bran too

13.1%
  1. Not-Sure Suspended

Not-Sure

Who do you think will get the Iron Throne? Poll!

The winners... will win, the poll.

2. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Add a "GOT Spoiler" tag to the title please as the fact that these are the contenders implies that they are all alive.

3. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

It ain't gonna be Cersei because she's gonna die.:eek: Oh, I can already guess with 99% certainty who kills Cersei.:cool:

Mother of Dragons is gonna share the throne with her nephew/husband, son of Rhaegar. Gawd, it was obvious from the first Book Jon was really a Targaryen. R.R. Martin dropped so many clues...The seed is strong (black hair dominate, blonde/white hair recessive)...heroes battling each other to defend/reclaim Ned's sister...Rhaegar infatuation with Lyanna... Should I go on? So many clues.

I haven't seen the HBO series, only read the books. I hope the book series (IF George R.R. Martin ever decides to finish writing them:oops:) has a better ending.

4. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

5. trillionaire macrumors regular

trillionaire

I'm curious if there will be a totally different ending for the books or will they be similar.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I read the books because I wanted to make sure that Geoffrey died. I'm annoyed now that Martin stopped writing, so I can't rest assured in the knowledge that Cersei meets an even worse ending.

Remember, he's let us down before.

7. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

But Maggy the Frog (A Feast for Crows) foretold that Cersei will die at the hands of "the valonqar" (little brother).
    The death of her 3 kids foretold. And when she hits rock bottom, the valonqar chokes the life from her.
    I'm convinced it the Kingslayer ever since he his heel/face turn after losing his hand. But that ain't the prophecy...:eek: Hands, she said. Hands. Plural.:cool: The Kingslayer has only one hand.:rolleyes: I say it's Maggy taking artistic license. It ain't the Kinslayer. I'm convinced of that.

8. Not-Sure thread starter Suspended

Not-Sure

Done.

9. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

10. Not-Sure thread starter Suspended

Not-Sure

Done.

11. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

NoBoMac

Truth in advertising, not watched much of GoT, but that might work to my advantage as no biases.

Voted Sansa. She is one of the few left that seems to be thinking steps ahead. And some scenes from previous seasons mirror Cersie scenes, so, can see a foreshadowing to Sansa going all evil in the end and on the throne.

Jon and Dany are too obvious, especially if this turns put to be Shakespearean in the end (everyone dead). Person with dragons seems too easy. Both are overly rash and not seeing big picture.

That said, can see Tyrion or someone else working things behind the scenes. Eg, Faceless Men are in on the game via "Arya" (I'm in the camp that she's really the Waif: long story on my reasoning; maybe some foreshadowing in the Battle episode of Sansa offing Arya). Sansa getting close but making a mistake.

12. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

Thanks. I don't think Gendry is that far-fetched. He's got the best legal claim to the throne after Jon and Daenerys. Jon doesn't want to be king, and I am pretty sure Daenerys won't make it for one reason or another. My current theory is that when the third dragon dies, she will too. Or her sanity will go at that point, and she will be mad. Either way, Gendry is the only one with no major baggage and a good head on his shoulders.

13. Not-Sure thread starter Suspended

Not-Sure

They should kill Sansa to shake everybody. But what you say makes sense.

14. JBGoode, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019

JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

Nymeria would have known among other reasons why she certainly isn’t the Waif. What motivation would the Waif have to head to Winterfell when she heard Jon was king? What would motivate her to do any of this? Not to mention the serious disservice this would be for Arya’s character.

15. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Great theory! I voted Sansa as well.

I think Jon will get the throne initially but will somehow die and Sansa will take over.

16. JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

These last two seasons should have been full length. After 6 seasons of a relatively decompressed story, this faster pace is jarring. We need at least three episodes of The Hound and Arya road tripping to King’s Landing.

17. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That means it would have to be...Tyrion. And I'm good with that as well.

18. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

In the HBO series, I see that as possible, probably expected by the audience.

But in the book, I see Cersei's death as a mercy killing. Cersei has lost it completely, gone round the bend one time too many, elevator doesn't leave the first floor crazy. Mr Valonqar throttles his ex-lover then falls on the sword. Very Romeo and Juliet. I doubt the HBO series audience would accept such an end for Cersei. They hate her.:p

I hope no one ascends the Iron Throne in the book ending, because everybody dies. Very Hamlet.:D (I don't see this happening in the TV series, because it makes for bad TV.;)) The Seven Kingdoms become seven separate kingdoms again. Jon stays true to his Night Watch oath and keeps out of politics; as does his adjutant, Sam Tarly. Sansa becomes the King Queen in the North. Tyrion rules over the Lannister clan. The Black Fish returns to govern his people.

Of course this is pure speculation by a guy who's got too much time to think while waiting for the next book in the series.:mad::mad::mad:

19. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm bothered by the lack of final books to wrap it up properly. But it's been years now since I read them. Six, to be exact. I know because I read them during chemo. Anyhow... I never gave much thought to the ending because I always counted on Martin to finish it for us. Blah. The current writers can go any way they choose, whether the audience wants it or not. Martin didn't write for the audience, or Ned Stark wouldn't have died in the first season!

20. Not-Sure thread starter Suspended

Not-Sure

I never read the books, how did they end?

21. JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

They don’t end. The last published book ended in Jon Snow’s death. The show has been ahead of the books since season 6. The sixth book has yet to be published and still won’t be the end as there is supposed to be a 7th. In other words, the only ending we will get is in less than 2 weeks.

22. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

I initially voted Gendry. Most of the others are leading heroes or villains who are trying too hard, and so I feel that almost disqualifies them from anything except loss and death. I ask myself why do they keep this mundane character tagging along, the only merit he has is his claim to the throne. But then I switched away because having such a mundane character take the throne seems too...well...mundane.

So I switched to Samwell Tarley. Like Gendry, he isn't disqualified by being a leading hero/villain character. He is an unassuming working Joe with little status, yet keeps affecting Westeros in monumental ways. He is "good", so it would make for a satisfactory ending.

The problem is, and what gives me doubt, is that I really don't see a path to the throne for Sam. He doesn't have a claim, so he can't inherit it. He doesn't seek it, so he's not going to take it by defeating other contenders. He's largely unknown, so populism isn't going to thrust him there. On top of all that, he is barred from holding title because he's a crow. But all of this can be written around of course.

FYI - I have not seen the current season, so my reasoning might be obsolete and comically outdated.

23. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Could you please add Bran too?

24. Not-Sure thread starter Suspended

Not-Sure

Done.

25. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

Voted Sam, the way things are going they will kill off all the main contenders for the pure shock value, then ass-pull some tenuous reason he could be King (House Tarly was always a cadet branch of House Baratheon or something, they just forgot to tell us until now :p) TBH compared to some things they could legitimately do with how they've played things to now this would probably still be less jarring!