Who do you think will get the Iron Throne? Poll!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Not-Sure, May 5, 2019.

Tags:
?

Who do you think will get the Iron Throne in GOT?

Poll closed May 26, 2019.
  1. Jon "Snow"

28.6%
  2. Daenerys Stormborn

4.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

16.7%
  4. Cersei Lannister

3.6%
  5. Arya Stark

2.4%
  6. Tyrion Lannister

7.1%
  7. Jaime Prince Charming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Samwell Tarly

4.8%
  9. Thanos

3.6%
  10. The dragon

8.3%
  11. Eli Moskowitz AKA The Hawk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Gendry Baratheon (pushing the envelope here)

7.1%
  13. Bran too

13.1%
  1. scmill macrumors regular

scmill

I voted for Sansa because she’s the only one who knows how to manage feeding everyone.

2. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

That scenario would not make sense. You assume that the Seven Kingdoms will remain united without a powerful/charismatic King/Queen. I'm sorry, but Sam couldn't lead troops out of a paper bag (the book Sam), let alone manage a kingdom or seven. If all the prime candidates die, then the kingdom will fall apart. Or a more likely taken over by the Iron Bank of Braavos (foreclosure). From the book, the Seven Kingdoms are rather backwaters compared to the rich and advanced Braavos.

Did Sam morph into a name taking, butt kicking He-Man from fighting the Others/White Walkers? He lacks charisma. He lack leadership ability. He lacks confidence.

3. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

Very much meant to be a tongue in cheek guess ;)

4. Stark3000 Suspended

Stark3000

I think Jon will get it but won't want it and go on a walkabout in the north, leaving Sansa.

5. Krayzkat Suspended

Years ago I originally thought that the Night King & gang would be defeated at Winterfell, but it wasn’t until recently I didn’t think it would happen, and then was because I didn’t think the TV show would kill off the NK so soon.
    I also originally believed Gendry would end up on the Iron Throne, due to him being a down-and-out bastard. So that is what I am rooting for now.
    If Daenerys dies in the last episode (from Jon’s hand or someone else’s), and Jon still refuses to take the throne, then Gendry will have the best birthright now he has been legitimatised as Lord Baratheon

6. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

Legitimised by Daenerys who has no legitimacy to legitimise until she is officially recognised as Queen ;) There was however that whole theory he was actually Robert and Cersei's child (and therefore the legitimate heir to the throne all along) that Cersei said she aborted, but as that's pretty out of character for her (particularly as at that point she did still have feelings for Robert) and Gendry said his mother had yellow hair it all fits that she secretly spirited him away to appease Jaime. Doesn't look like that's going to come to anything though, in the show at least.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

My vote is for the dark horse Bran - Book it and take it to the bank! Jon kills Dany but does not want to rule.... Sansa rules the North and Bran sits on the iron throne with Tyrion being his hand.

8. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Now where did you read that? This is exactly what I believe too...

9. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Sorry did you write that already? I didn't read the whole thread and I apologize if I stole your take. That's just my opinion and didn't read it before I typed it out.

10. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

No, I didn't. I cannot say anything more without spoiling the next episode. Do you really believe this? You really haven't read it anywhere else? There is no need in apologising :)

11. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

It did seem a little far fetched after I typed it out but decided to leave it because its what made sense to me in my demented mind lol.

12. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I'm curious of the logic behind choosing Brandon Stark? IMO, if anyone is even less qualified to rule Westeros than Samwell Tarly, it's Bran. Throughout 5 books he does nothing except ride the coattails of others (Robb, Hodor, Meera and Jojen Reed, Coldhands, the Three Eyed Crow). Sam, at least, pulls his own weight at times. But Bran proved nothing more than excess baggage. If there was a group project to be done, Bran would be the guy who does nothing. How does a guy like that qualify?

Well, if Tyrion becomes the Hand, then I can see this possibility. Bran is useless after all. He would make a ideal puppet for Tyrion, the power behind the throne.:cool:

Too bad, I can't change my vote.:oops:

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Now that we've seen the penultimate episode, we know that King's Landing is ash, and the iron throne is probably a slab heap. So nobody will be sitting on it.

Still no clue who amongst the survivors will claim the right to rule over the seven kingdoms.

14. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Well it’s better than Sansa. She’s done nothing to deserve it.

The best thing they can do now is go back to seven separate kingdoms.

15. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

No, but she has grown into someone who could rule intelligently and with good judgment.

16. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Bran is the last true Stark heir who is male. He is something of a wise person now who can see things how they happened, and can get a feel for what everyone is doing and what everyone wants. He can fly around as a raven and listen in to the townsfolk and see whats going on or whats coming. He is the perfect ruler actually... He can look back and see all of the mistakes that were made by previous rulers and everything that was done right. If anyone is conspiring against the kingdom he will know about it beforehand and can be prepared.

17. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

No doubt Sansa would make a good ruler... as Queen in the North. She would fail miserably when faced with the political back biting and intrigue as ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. After all, she is Ned's daughter. Well, she did outmaneuver the most manipulative and unctuous SOB in the entire series, Littlefinger. So their might be some hope for her yet.:)

18. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Little finger’s demise was ridiculous. There is no way that someone as cunning a little finger would be out done by 2 little girls.

19. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

But the point is that by the time they outmanoeuvred him, they were no longer "two little girls", - both have grown, matured, and learned a lot during the narrative arc of books and TV show - and, if he thought that they were, it simply shows that he seriously underestimated the pair of them.

20. JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

By that point how would you consider Arya to be a 'little girl'? The character herself was probably 18 by that point not to mention one of the deadliest assassins in Westeros. Sansas was also no longer the 'little bird' she was since Littlefinger himself was one of her best teachers. I'm not comprehending this complaint at all.

21. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

She might be a deadly assassin but that doesn’t mean she’s a cunning as little finger. Little finger was a master manipulator. Sansa isn’t. She might be able to pull the wool over Tyrion and Jon’s eyes but that’s it.

22. Mousse, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019

Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

It's nearly impossible to manipulate some one who distrusts you. Sansa knew enough not to trust Lord Baelish in anything, after time spent at the Eyrie, so he would not be able to manipulate her. He would have use coercion, but that only works if he's more powerful than Lady Stark. He would use his most obsequious side to gain favor of those more powerful or whisper deceit their ears. Sansa wasn't buying. And she had Ned's sense of justice.
    If Ned had known that Petyr true nature, Robert's Hand not have brought into the snake oil being sold and would still be alive. But then there would have been no "Game of Thrones."

23. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

Well LittleFinger always overplayed his hand which mostly worked but had him almost killed a few times.

Just look at the "Power is power" scene he had with Cersei in season 1, could have easily been his end.

So yeah he thought he both Stark girls under control and had already started to drive in a wedge between them when he made his final move.

Point of GoT is that every character is flawed, that some stupid or trivial might big consequences and "great" people might get small endings.

24. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

It could of happened just like that. We’ll have to see what JRRM has to say about it. :D

25. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

No love for Hot Pie? He's the one that's been manipulating everything behind the scenes.