Who do you think will get the Iron Throne? Poll!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Not-Sure, May 5, 2019.

Tags:
?

Who do you think will get the Iron Throne in GOT?

Poll closed May 26, 2019.
  1. Jon "Snow"

28.6%
  2. Daenerys Stormborn

4.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

16.7%
  4. Cersei Lannister

3.6%
  5. Arya Stark

2.4%
  6. Tyrion Lannister

7.1%
  7. Jaime Prince Charming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Samwell Tarly

4.8%
  9. Thanos

3.6%
  10. The dragon

8.3%
  11. Eli Moskowitz AKA The Hawk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Gendry Baratheon (pushing the envelope here)

7.1%
  13. Bran too

13.1%
  1. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68040

Ulenspiegel

I share the view of those who think that it'll be Jon.

2. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I'm doubling down on Dany, because of Maggy the Frog's prophecy. A younger, more beautiful queen will depose Cersei. Most people thinks this refers to Tommen's squeeze, but I smell a red herring.
    This eliminates all the male candidates. All the females are younger, but the Starks lacks the head turning va-va-voom of the Queen. Only Dany fits the bill.
    Since I learned from this thread that she isn't on speaking terms with her nephew, he either dies or rejoins the Nightwatch.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Dany has definitely deposed Cersei. Doesn't mean she will succeed her.

4. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

I personally would find it funny if Brienne of Tarth along with Tormund Giantsbane won the throne, but highly doubtful. I give it a .01 percent chance of happening, but it would be funny. :D

5. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

I am at the point where I think Drogon wins the throne. We will learn that there is not just one dragon left, but thousands of them and mankind loses :)

6. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

I was sure it was going to be Grumpy Cat, until I saw the news that Grumpy Cat passed today at the age of 7

[​IMG]

7. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

8. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

While it seems that a monarch (a king) has indeed been appointed, the actual Iron Throne itself is no more, thanks to the actions of Drogon.

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Seems like Drogon had more sense than any of the humans.

10. SDColorado, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019

SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

Though I meant the prediction in jest, I was not entirely wrong about the prediction that Drogon would get the Iron Throne. He got the throne alright, got it good :)

11. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Indeed, he did, "get" the throne, alright, and "got it good."

Precision is everything, as is syntax, in such things.

I suppose the thread title should have read something along the lines of "Who do you think will end up sitting on the Iron Throne?" although even that could be understood both literally and figuratively.

However, the fact that Dany didn't even get to sit on the throne before meeting her destiny does tell its own tale.

12. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

Oh King Bran, what a disaster, rule restrained by Magna Carta!

I had wondered if ultimately they would realise that an autocratic monarch wasn't going to work in the long run, and move towards a constitutional monarchy with the Lords gaining more power and independence. Though I'm not sure how well even that would work, as holding the Kingdoms together implies either the power to do so by force, or the kingdoms electing to stay together. Instead it seems they decided to shift from an absolute monarchy to an elective monarchy, as seen in the Roman Empire and then the Holy Roman Empire. This might be stable for longer, but it depends on the individual personalities in charge fo the Kingdoms, and what benefits exactly they get from the arrangement.

13. ThunderSkunk, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019

ThunderSkunk macrumors 68030

ThunderSkunk

So, the Dragon got it after all.
    & Jon Snew gets to go off and work the wall which no longer has a purpose.
    Because after centuries/millennia of terrorizing the living, the army of the dead could have been shattered at any time with relative ease by an archer shooting the night king with a dragonglass arrowhead. ...a property of dragonglass apparently well understood in the past. I guess the north didn’t remember.

14. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

What do I win?

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Barbecue with Drogon.

16. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Too much logic being applied, lol! :D
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2019 ---
    Maybe Bran in his wisdom, will move to a constitutional monarchy, but the common voters in King’s Landing struck me as a group who needed more guidance before being handed the vote. ;)

17. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Meh. I hope George had no part in writing this ending, because I still have hope the books will have a better ending. The most useless character ends up winning.o_O I guess it pays to ride on the shoulders of giants, figuratively and literally (RIP Hodor). Yeah, I'm bitter because that's of piss poor story telling.:mad: All the build up of Jon being a Targaryen, Dany's big homecoming, Tyrion's machination...all for naught. The guy who didn't even play the game of thrones ends up winning it.:confused::confused::confused:

Bran will use his greenseer powers to spy on his vassals and dispatching Arya to deal with traitors.:p

18. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

(spoiler alert for anyone reading through this thread who hasn't read the books) My understanding is he gave them the broad bulletpoints of the rest of the story, but had much less input into later seasons than he did the earlier ones. Given the amount that's been omitted, changed or merged in the series, I agree it's highly likely the books will be very different, even if this is the sort of direction we ultimately head in. For example, while Cersei might still blow up the sept to destroy the sparrows, it's not going to also rid her of the whole Tyrell clan - maybe Mace and Margaery, and they've also been set up to clash over Kevan's death - that's even before Varys' new pretender who I believe has already landed in Westeros!

Arya's ending was probably one of the better ones for me (even if she does just end up in Asshai via the scenic route! :p)

19. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

For one terrible moment tonight I thought they might end up with a democracy.

What a hideous idea. Much better that they stuck with an idea closer to reality. A bunch of entitled choosing another entitled!

Sorry I seem to have strayed into PRSI.....;)

Dragons rock. Humane’s not do much!

20. MileHighPilot macrumors member

i had money on john snow and would have guessed anyone but bran stark

21. Apple fanboy macrumors Nehalem

Apple fanboy

Same tbh.

22. MileHighPilot macrumors member

luckily no one in the group had money on bran stark