Who got a MBP for Christmas?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by britneyfan, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

I got a Magic Mouse :D MBPs are too expensive to be Xmas gifts here :p

2. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I wish. My mother got a second, second gen, MBA though so at least something Apple was goin on today.

3. shelhed217 macrumors member

4. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

Someone has got to really love you to spend that sort of money on you for christmas LOL

I was lucky to get a Xbox 360

5. Messy macrumors 6502

6. abta1 macrumors 6502

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I did, it was an early Christmas present, but a Christmas present nonetheless. I got an unexpected bonus from work, and the microcenter deal was too good to pass up.

For me the timing could be better. I'll be going away this weeks but I'll need to work remotely, so a laptop is required.

I have a dell mini 10v, which is actually a nice machine, but using it to manage servers and do my work, was not as easy as I hoped. The small screen was just that small. At least the 13" screen is manageable :)

8. Built macrumors 68020

:D I got myself one for an early Christmas gift back in November...loving it...

9. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

I bought myself a 15" i5 MBP, a SSD, an optibay, another HDD, and 8GB ram ;)

It was a good christmas ;)

10. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I got one! :D I love it. I opened all my gifts...no Macbook...waited around not really disapointed as I didnt think santa was going to bring me a $1500 dollar laptop! Then I looked over and saw my dad carrying the box to my MacBook Pro. I guess my aunt had paid for it and my whole family as well as the guy at the best buy store who I talked to about getting the MacBook Pro knew the entire time...anyways short little story but I love this thing already! I can't wait to put it to heavy use and travel with it just to see how powerful this thing is in comparison to the subpar laptops Ive had in the past.

11. jdsmith1012 macrumors newbie

me!

My dad died a few weeks ago and he had always wanted to get me a great computer so my mom spent the money and bought me one (i'm 24) for Christmas. I'll cherish it forever.

I actually opened it a week ago though but I love it nonetheless!

12. freddy-b macrumors regular

Awsome! Are u enjoying it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. adamlbiscuit macrumors regular

I got a Magic Trackpad for my iMac so I guess through that I got a taste of the MacBook Pro! I'm considering buying a 13 inch MacBook now, though.

14. freddy-b macrumors regular

is now a good time to get a 13" MBP? iam also considering getting one..

15. adamlbiscuit macrumors regular

It isn't really, considering there is more than likely an update coming up soon - probably featuring a spec bump and maybe (just maybe) a chassis redesign. But if you're like me and you urgently need a laptop, then now is as good a time as any!

16. freddy-b macrumors regular

lol, when u say soon.. is it like in a month..? or more? if its more... iam gonna get one right now :p

17. adamlbiscuit macrumors regular

Nobody can say - Apple can be unpredictable at times. However, I'd say the update will probably come around February or March. That's not a definite, like I say nobody apart from Apple know when the update is coming.

18. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

haha I wish :p my family doesn't have upwards of a grand to drop on a person for christmas. But as soon as my MB dies I'm definitely making the upgrade to a MBP :) probably a 15"

19. freddy-b macrumors regular

lol! k thanks bro. ;)

20. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

My wife got me a 13" MBP this year to replace my aged G4 iBook. The first thing I did was replace the stock 250mb 5400rpm drive with a Seagate Momentus XT 500gb. So far it's been a lot of putzing around transferring things; lots of stuff on the G4 I don't need, but some that I do.

21. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

Me! Although it was a Christmas present for myself and I got it on Black Friday. LOLZ. :D

22. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i dont really celebrate christmas, but i got a MBP (last week)
    best deal ever.

total came to about $1041 with a FREE 4GB USB flash drive

23. asifnaz macrumors member

My girlfriend bought me MBP 15" as an early Christmas gift back in November . I love her

24. UltimaLink macrumors regular

I got a 13" MacBook Pro, liking it so far.

I wish the trackpad wasn't so hard to push down though, I'm assuming this should change over time though.