Who has piercings?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nickster9224, Sep 17, 2007.

1. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

So who has piercings. tell about them and your experiences. i have my left ear done its currently at a 16 but will be at a 14 next week. i am planning on getting my right eat done in december. does anyone know any piercing shops in the chicago are that pierces under 18 w/ parental consent.

2. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I reckon that guys should pierce both ears. But I'm a bit OCD about evenness :D I used to have my tongue pierced but gran offered me a new MBP last year if I took it out. It was well worth it :D

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i have piercings. a lot. and i've had more done than what i currently have.

my eyebrow has been pierced three times. (gone for now)
    my labret twice. (removed at one point and redone)
    my upper cartilage on my right ear, once, twice left. (all gone)
    both nipples at 12g.
    helix in left ear at 6g
    industrial in my right ear at 6g
    and both lobes are currently at 5/8ths.

you need to wait a minimum, MINIMUM of 4 weeks before stretching any size, and the larger you go the longer you should wait.

always go to a piercing parlour to get pierced, even your ears as it heals properly and is done properly.

they can pierce you right down to 16g if thats what your other ear is at when you decide to get it done.

the only place i trust and go to for my piercings is the Alley because Scott there is an amazing person and knows what he is doing better than anyone i have ever met.

www.chicagopiercing.com is their site, but i don't know how often it gets updated or anything, but i'd call and talk to them, they might be willing to do it with parental consent. but i'd bet your parents would need to be there and you'd both need ids and such. won't hurt to call and ask at least.

feel free to PM/email me if you have any questions

4. nickster9224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

you should re-pierce your tongue now that you have the mb:D

Place of dis. the chicago piercing website hasnt been updated in awhile. it states that they wont pierce minors because of body changes. but does the earlobe really change that much in the 2 and a half years from now until i turn 18? they look like an extremely reputable company. also does getting pierced with a needle hurt anymore that getting pierced at the mall. also will they pierce down to a 10 or 12 guage.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

lobes aren't like the rest of the body, which is why they might be able to accommodate you, and yes, they're surely the best in chicagoland in my opinion and i've been to several places. they are the most knowledgeable there is.

being pierced with a needle hurts less, and puts less strain on your body. the places at the mall use a gun, with a stud that has a sharp point. this rips open your ear instead of piercing it in a tapered fashion.

as to the gauge, i had my left ear pierced when i was in highschool. it was at 14 gauge when i went and got my right ear done. he stretched my left to 8 and my right got pierced down to 8 right away. so its certainly possible.

found his card, i'll PM you the number and i'd recommend calling and talking to them, they're really friendly guys there and will be more than willing to talk to you about everything.

6. nickster9224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

thanks. what do they usually charge? I need to save my money so i can get it done. but my mom said she would take me when i had the money.

7. Scott982 macrumors member

Scott982

I have had a couple different piercings.

Labret (currently pierced)
    Eyebrow (motorcycle helmet ripped it out:eek:)
    Tongue (Took it out along time ago)

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

depends on the jewelry really. the titanium eyelets which are the best, lightest, and i've never found anywhere else start at $40 for one. i think the stretching fee is ~$15 and the piercing fee is probably around ~$20. but they'll only pierce you with titanium and they have a decent selection to chose from. (although now that i think about it some glass and acrylic plugs might be available too). i can't say that i've ever been overly concerned about the price :eek: but if/when you call they can give you a better idea.

9. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Interesting and cool thread…

Both ears: 2 left lobe but I had 3 some time ago. 2 in the right and one in the upper top right since removed (had to wear headphones at work). I've had my left one since I was 12 and 14 and the right one's at 18.

Nipples- both for about 2-3 years then taken out because of multiple CT Scans, MRI's, X-rays and back surgery. Maybe some day again but only one and smaller than I had before as I can't remember the size they used :cool:

Nose- had the left side done (small half round stud couldn't see it until two feet away). I really didn't like it on that side so I let it close and had the right side done which was a small diamond stud…odd how more people found it sexy on that side but not the left, must be the way my hair parts to the side, I don't know ;)

Tounge- had it done (twice) but again due to tests I pulled it out and then got it redone. I left it out because of surgery and it since has closed.

I think, no make that I know, I miss the tounge piercing the most and then the nipple ring. I still wear the two left and two right ear piercings and have thought about making it an even four on each side but the last two would only end up with small diamonds or very small hoops.

Speaking of all this, I think that today, certain people with certain piercings look very nice and sexy. Most guys thought that by hearing/seeing me having my nose done I was going to have a huge hoop or something but after seeing (upclose) how small it was most were like, hey it really looks good on you. The point is the hoop does look good on some but not others as with all things. I know I was thinking about getting my eyebrow done but I'm glad I didn't since it might not of looked right and then I would have felt odd about myself (last thing any of us wants to due).

Anyway to any and all that have more or less piercings, enjoy them cause that's why we got them :D

10. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Got my thigh pierced once. About 000 gauge. Hurt like hell, but it was worth it. Chicks dig scars.

11. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo but since I live under my mum and gran's roof...I wouldn't do it out of respect.

12. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

i got

im 16 and have my Tongue

my parents dont even know..its been 6 months

13. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I had my tongue pierced twice (once in college, took it out at parental request, got it re-done when i was on my own dental insurance post-college ;))

I had both lobe stretched up to 2g.

Had my septum pierced.

Had my anti-tragus pierced.

A few smaller holes in my lobes depending on the year.

Now, nada. Got all pierced out when i was in college I guess.

14. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I had my tongue pierced for about three years, then I woke up one day, said to myself, "I am tired of this," and took it out. It was my only piercing, and I seriously doubt I'll get anything else done in my life.

15. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

I don't have any piercings... and you folks are giving me the creeps with your stories. Getting your thigh pierced - my legs instinctively flinched together as I read that! :eek:

And could someone tell me what the heck are 1) a Labret, b) a Septum and c) an Anti-Tragus? :confused:

16. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

17. iGav macrumors G3

Nose, lip, ear (top of, I don't know it's medical name).

Used to have a piercing in a part of the skin that is only found on men, and is proceeded by an even number.

Titanium sleepers all round, smallest gauge I assume. Also excruciatingly expensive.

Least painful, nose or even number skin bit (surprisingly). :eek:

Most painful, the ear. Brought tears to me eyes.

Done at Cold Steel and Chico's in Camden, NW1.

18. nickster9224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

So you can pierce people with your singing voice?

19. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

No piercing no jewellery.

I can't stand the feel of metal on my skin.

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

1. labret is your lower lip, but low enough that a ring would never work. centered too
    2. your septum is the piece of flesh in the center of your nose.
    3. anti-tragus is a part of your ear.

21. ms.gio macrumors regular

I went with Place of dis to the Alley and got my nostril pierced. After getting pierced by Scott I would recommend him to anyone.

22. nickster9224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

anyone know an easier way to get the ball on my 16 gauge curved barbell. the ball is so small.

23. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Oh, I forgot. I had my belly pierced awhile back too but it got very infected and rejected

24. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

is it threaded or is it a captive? you can twist a captive if need be or pull it apart a little to loosen it if its too tight.