Who Has Scratches (iPhone 4)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theturtle, Jun 30, 2010.

?

Scratches?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2010.
  1. Yeah, light ones

81 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Nah, pristine

254 vote(s)
    75.8%
  1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

this isnt a trolling question. just honestly curious if anybody has scratches. im starting to think there was a certain batch of phones that came with scratches or is easier to scratch. checked both my brothers, who are rougher with their phones than iam, and theirs is pristine. BABIED the phone till i received my inivible shield yesterday. even kept the phones original screen and back protector. but for some reason when i took off the back to install the invisible shield, there were 3 cm long scratches already. and i checked this morning (was waiting for my static screen protectors) and there seems to be a cm long scratch ON THE FRONT FACING camera. like i said, the phone was extremely babied. never even put in the pocket. so this leaves me confused on what exactly happened? :confused:

has anyone found the iphone 4 to be easier to scratch than the previous iphones?

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

No scratches so far. However, I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the phone where I'm more protective than I will be in say a month.

3. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

the back scratches don't really irk me. its the fact that i have a scratch on the front facing camera. i duno, it just gets me paranoid, that one day it'll start effecting pictures and what not. got to the point where im thinking of just returning the phone and picking it up later (bought mine from online premier)

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

My phone came with 2 VERY LIGHT scratches to the left of the home button on the front. Not very noticeable, you'd have to look closely at it. I dont care too much since there's always fingerprint smudges right there anyway.

5. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

so it actually is possible for the phone to come with scratches. smh. i guess im lucky to be one of the millions of people who ordered an iphone to have a phone that came with scratches :eek:

6. Sinfire macrumors regular

No scratches on my phone, but I did the smart thing and bought a case for it.

7. Steve Ballmer macrumors 6502

Steve Ballmer

None on mine. So far, the glass and stainless steel have held up well. We'll see what happens over the next few months, though.

8. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

i figured leaving the original protectors on and not taking the phone outside the house till my IS came was good enough.. :)

9. ColeHarris macrumors regular

Yep i have 6 on the back and no idea how they got there I've carried around a cleaning cloth just to set it on. I guess it doesn't matter though I'm adding my brother to my plan in a month so I'll just buy a new one and give the old one to him! While were on the subject of scratches how do you guys like the Wrapsol Ultra compared to the invisable shield?

10. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

11. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

traded my IS with my brothers wrapsol original. matte back is the way to go.

UGH, SCRATCH ON FRONT FACING CAMERA IS IRKING ME.

12. RaNdOm macrumors regular

RaNdOm

I have hairline scratches all over the face of my phone. I've done nothing but baby it since I got it. I don't know what it is, but I can't believe how horrible it looks.

13. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

scratches on the back from setting it down on my wooden desk

14. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

No case since day 1. Carry it in my front pocket everywhere I go. No scratches anywhere.

15. g8rdmd macrumors member

I have TINY scratches (2 of them) on the rear glass--they're barely noticeable unless you hold the phone at a certain angle. I'm waiting on my Zagg shields to arrive and then I'll close her in with a bumper. Overall, though, it seems much more resistant to scratches than the plastic 3Gs with the chrome bezel :eek:

16. anitrajw macrumors regular

No scratches on mine, have screen protector and back is covered as well, also have a case

17. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I have one tiny scratch on the back at the bottom.

18. keyofnight macrumors regular

keyofnight

No scratches... I semi-baby it, but I suppose I just don't want to drop the damn thing.

19. ColeHarris macrumors regular

What is the front piece like on the original is it matte or clear, and how hard is it to do a wet apply I'm afraid I'll get liquid in the top speaker?

20. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

On my 3G I had water filled into the ear speaker and the home button (the phone was off) when I put protectors on. It always worked perfectly. Don't worry about it, these are actually much more waterproof than you think.

21. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

its clear. it came cleaner then the ultra. the ultra had a lot of stains and what not on it.

alright guys, your advice. should i go through the hassle and return this phone and rebuy it later. in the process i'll lose 10% and probably feel lots of stress cause i would have to wait again but the good part is, i'll end up with a new phone

OR

just man up and accept it. the thing that irks me is the fact that the scratch is so close to my camera. makes me paranoid that it'll effect the pictures sooner or later (the scratch can only be seen at the angle and with bright lights though).

22. aequitas1234 macrumors member

Scratches on the back after babying the phone for a few days before installing skin.

23. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Take it to Apple, they might replace it just by default, if it was scratched out of the box. And if it's 10% on $200, then go for it, maybe not if it's on $600.

24. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

No scratches so far. I'm like an over-protective parent with my new baby i4.

25. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

How on earth does anyone already have scratches on the front of their iPhone 4? Isn't the screen supposed to be even stronger than the older iPhones?

I have owned a 3GS for a year now, and have never put a single screen protector on the phone. Anytime it's being used it's bare naked, and I don't have a single scratch on the screen.