Who here is a Die Hard Appler?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iWinning, May 19, 2011.

?

Appler?

1. No

25 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. Yes

38 vote(s)
    57.6%
  3. I'm a PC

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. iWinning macrumors member

We all here about (and from) the Die Hard Applers. Whenever they get a chance they push Apple products. Whenever someone has Vista "You should get a Mac". Whenever someone brings up a piece of software it's "I hope they have it for my Mac". Computer talk? "I have a Mac. Best decision I ever made" like people care.

Now's you chance to proudly stand up and admit it.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Definitely not me. I really love Apple stuff, but I'm the person who would always buy a PC desktop but I would only buy Apple laptops. I like what they did to their laptops ... not so much their desktops (for the price). I like being able to easily swap out components in my desktop. I don't have a problem with using Windows either. but I love OS X so much, so thats why I like having a MBP too. The design, hardware, software ... just too amazing. I do end up using my Mac more than my PC though. I like my iPhone too, but I would switch to Android.

Assuming I was a die hard appler, I probably wouldn't even look at an Anroid.

Bet this post is going to get a negative rating since I mentioned PC and Android in my post :eek:

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I love my Apple products. But I have better things to do with my time than constantly "push" them on others.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This is pretty much my attitude as well. Get what best fits your needs and let others do the same.

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

At least it seems original. "Zuning" already existed. :rolleyes:

6. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

I am.

I am an Apple user to the core.

First Apple was a Apple IIc.
    First Macintosh was a Macintosh II.

It suits me just fine to swear my blind faith and allegiance to all that is Apple and Steve Jobs.

Over the many years I have done my part to propagate the vision of Apple and to try and convert and support as many Apple users as possible.

7. iWinning thread starter macrumors member

Is it sad I can't tell if you are mocking the group or being serious?

8. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

I am being 100% serious.

9. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I would consider myself a die hard fan or fanboy, since I tend to choose Apple products over anyone else's. However, I do respect other companies products and I do not think Apple are the be all and end all. I do not go preaching to everyone I know to buy Apple. I don't see the point, everyone likes different stuff. Some people think I'm insane for buying any Apple product.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I pretty much always buy Apple stuff, but I don't go around telling everyone else to buy it. I will usually recommend Apple products if someone asks me for a reccomendatiin though.

11. torbjoern, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011

torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

I usually recommend people to run *nix-based OS - be it Linux, OS X or any other. I have never had an Apple desktop (iMac, mini, Pro...), and probably never will. But for portable computing power, I recommend Apple because of its reliability.

12. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I really like Apple gear and own quite a lot of it but only buy it when it fits my needs.

It's the same when making recommendations to family and friends, it's pointless telling someone they need to buy a Mac if they only have a £500 budget. I've helped a few people switch over the years but I never had to evangelise to get the point over. Most of them were already thinking about changing and asked for my advice to reassure themselves they were making the correct decision.

13. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Im a die hard Appler. I used Apple II computers in high school, first computer (aside from TI994A) I ever bought was an Apple notebook in 1994, which was replaced shortly there after with a performa 636CD which I thought at the time was the best thing I ever owned. Today I own alot of Apple stuff. 27" imac, mac mini, MBP, ipad, ipod classic and an ipod nano, and I think it is safe to say that their products are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Here are just a few things I like about them:

Design and Innovation: Best looking computer products out there, and truly THE leading company when it comes to bringing innovative products to market (think iphone and ipad, backlit keyboard, etc)).

Reliability and ease of use: They keep going without slowing down, and are very straightforward to use and troubleshoot compared to windows products.

Warranty and Customer service: Once again Apple scores a 10 here. I've walked into an Apple store with a defective iphone or ipad within my one year warranty and walked out with either a new one or refurbished one. Had some issues with my out of warranty MBP and I walked into an Apple store with it and walked back out an hour later with it fixed free of charge.

All of this was reinforced when my employer gave me an HP elitebook running windows 7 as my work computer. The notebook itself is horribly designed compared to an apple notebook, and while W7 seems to be better than previous windows systems, it still does not compare to the Mac OS.

All that said, as good as I think Apple is I still am highly critical of them on several counts.
    I think their products are priced too high, and they don't listen to the needs/wants of the customer base (think blu-ray) very often.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not a die hard fan.

Yes I do tend to buy apple products but only because they fit my needs. I own two macs and one core i7 homebuilt PC. I don't buy a product because it has a fruit logo on it, but rather because it fits my needs.

I'll buy a PC or non-apple product if that fit my needs. We're talking about a billion dollar corporation and they do not warrant my worship or devotion. I have little brand loyalty to a company that charges a premium for their products.

15. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

I'm not a fanboy and I want to smack those who are.

16. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

I've historically gone back and forth between Mac and Windows, but between iOS and a wife who prefers Macs I've become entrenched in the ecosystem over the past few years. And so far I'm not complaining about either ;)

17. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I only buy Apple computers but would never dream of trying to push them on other people: I buy them because they suit my requirements, and I understand that other people's requirements may not match my own

18. Vapourized macrumors newbie

19. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

Trix are also for kids.

Apple products are cool. But there are many other cool tech items I like as well.

As a geek, I think its is a great time to be alive.

20. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

LTD and BRLawyer need to make an appearance here lol

21. Xeperu macrumors 6502

I only use Apple products myself, but I don't push my ideas on others. I hate it when others push **** onto me.

22. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I did this a couple of times but since it always ends up being "Macs are crap" I decided I'd keep it for myself. ;)

23. iWinning thread starter macrumors member

And Consultant and KeriJane

24. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I buy what I find is good value and suits for my needs. If it's an Apple product, then I buy one. If they can't provide me what I want, or they charge too much, then I buy other brand's product.

The new MBA came out when I was looking for a laptop and to be honest, it was exactly what I wanted from a laptop. Very light, small form factor, great resolution and SSD to name a few. Of course, a 300€ netbook would be sufficient for the stuff I do but on the other hand, I had the money and MBA and netbook are totally different beasts. So far, I have been very pleased with it.

I don't push Apple products to anyone. If I think Apple's product suits for that person well, then I will recommend it but I won't recommend Apple for the sake of  logo.