Who here is gonna get assassins creed?

redraidermacman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
just wondering, im going to get it, it looks amazing, i just hope its as immersive as it looks...

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Unless I learn something drastically bad, it'll be a must purchase along with Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted, and Rock Band. November is gonna be a killer month on the ol' bank account.

From what I've read about AC, the 360 and PS3 versions are allegedly identical in content and graphics, so I'll likely grab the PS3 version to beef up a fairly dismal [but steadily improving] line-up of games to justify my $600 purchase.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
If the combat is reviewed decently then I will. The climbing up anything looks so cool and the graphics are top notch. I have it pre-ordered along with Mario, Mass Effect, CoD4, and Uncharted, but I think Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and CoD4 will wait until after x-mas because I'm still playing Ratchet and Guitar Hero and a bunch of PSP games and there are still finals and term papers to be done :p

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I'm kind of doubting it....sandbox games aren't really my type...had it come out earlier, I might have but now its more and issue of "do I have money and time for this game?"

Sadly, the answer for Assassin's Creed is no....

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm interested in this because it's the closest we'll get to a BBC Robin Hood game. But I'll have to play a demo or something first.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
I keep hearing lots of talk about control issues, so I'll check out some reviews and word-of-mouth and possibly rent before buying.

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
^ exactly.

Controller preference is personal. Some may find Six Axis support better than Rumble for example..

on a personal note..

So far I'm not a fan of six axis motion sensitivity. Nearly all the games I play with it, I turn it off because I find it offers little to the game experience, and often detracts from it. And on the Unchartered Drakes Fortune demo, the six axis walking across a ledge/tree had me falling off countless times.

I like rumble and since we wont be seeing Dual Shock 3 till sometime 2008 in Europe that too is another thing to consider.

redraidermacman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
^ exactly.

Controller preference is personal. Some may find Six Axis support better than Rumble for example..

on a personal note..

So far I'm not a fan of six axis motion sensitivity. Nearly all the games I play with it, I turn it off because I find it offers little to the game experience, and often detracts from it. And on the Unchartered Drakes Fortune demo, the six axis walking across a ledge/tree had me falling off countless times.

I like rumble and since we wont be seeing Dual Shock 3 till sometime 2008 in Europe that too is another thing to consider.
thats what happens when you had motion control a month before your console is released....

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I think he was saying PS3 controller support sucks because developers only got the machine a month before launch (which I somehow really doubt).
Ja it still doesn't make much sense :D

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
I think he was saying PS3 controller support sucks because developers only got the machine a month before launch (which I somehow really doubt).
Ja it still doesn't make much sense :D

thats what happens when you had motion control a month before your console is released....
I think you might have deciphered it.. Change HAD to ADD and I can see how you worked it out.

But yeah, since motion control was announced at E3 2006 and it was 6 months if not more, later before it was released, that doesn't really make much sense still.

I just think developers just don't know what to do with it... and just throw it in for the sake of it.