Who is on a Vaja countdown? updates on deliveries etc

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thetonyclifton, Jul 21, 2010.

1. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

I order a new ivolution grip for the iPhone 4 and am a few days into my 45 day countdown.

I have had a Vaja case since they started making them for ipods - so this is kind of a ritual. A few times I have held off for a while and resisted but have always placed an order at some point for a new device - this time I ordered as soon as the cases became available.

Last time I went for an ivolution SP Top in blues with the flip - this was it

[​IMG]

This time a wanted the smaller ivolution grip, so have ordered this except in orange with smooth leather.

[​IMG]

mine will be this colour

[​IMG]

Anyone else waiting? and what for?

2. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I am actually looking to order my first one. I am really liking this one. Love the texture of the leather. I think they call it the "Black Series?" What's the difference between this one and the ivolution Top SP? I prefer the flap to drop down like the Vaja case. Seems like it won't get in the way as much as opposed to pulling the flap up like the Piel Frama case. Is it really worth the 45 day wait? How is the flap secured? Pressure? Does the case have raised edges? Or is it pretty flush with the sides of the device?

Attached Files:

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

That's the iVolution. It is made out of a grainy "floater" leather. The iVolution Top SP is made out of smooth leather and has a stylish stripe running along the case. You can customize all of the colors on the Top SP, plus it has a newer design with extra subtle details. Check out the image gallery on Vaja's site. The flap is secured by gripping onto the top of the iPhone 4. The case is just about completely flush with the side of the iPhone 4. If you're willing to pay for Vaja's quality cases, then it's worth the wait. Just use a different case for the next two months and when you receive it you'll forget about the wait.

4. thetonyclifton thread starter macrumors regular

Agreed.

As I said I have tried to not buy a vaja case before but having owned one the temptation is always too great :)

The top part is secured by kind of leather hook about an inch and a half wide - so the case tapers and then curves back on itself - when you push this down it sort of snaps over and grips the back of the phone - closing the case.

5. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Thanks! Very helpful info. I actually prefer the textured grainy leather of the Black Series. I am willing to shell out $80 for this case. There are much cheaper alternatives out there, but I am sure that the quality does not come close to Vaja's quality cases. 45 day handicraft process plus shipping from Argentina.

6. thetonyclifton thread starter macrumors regular

Some of the other cases are available in the floater leather too - I know the ivolution grip is - check the website.

7. mtchairs macrumors newbie

Any promotion codes?

I'd like to order one of the Vaja Ivolution Stripe models which have now appeared on the website but I was hoping to find a new promotion code to use before I do. Anyone seen any since the last one that expired at the end of June?

8. random person macrumors 6502a

How does the floater leather compare with the smooth version? Durability aside, I've always loved the feel of the smooth leather and the nice patina that occurs over time. Is the floater leather nice feeling in the hand? Has anyone had both?

9. TheAlchemist macrumors newbie

I ordered it as soon as it was available. My first Vaja case, but being eyeing them up for a while. From when i ordered 45 days ends on the 19th of August, although i doubt it'll arrive then. Hopefully by the end of August though!

10. thetonyclifton thread starter macrumors regular

I felt the same so kept with the caterina - I like the extra durability of floater but dont like the bumps - prefer the smooth more modern caterina.

11. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I just ordered the black series w/ rosso (basically the black/red LE from the last phones.) Some reason i just didn't like the top SP so much, i just thought the stripe was to thin and just didn't like it as much. I just got my order in last night so this is going to be a long time lol.

12. random person macrumors 6502a

LOVE your blue case, by the way -- and thanks for your thoughts about catarina vs floater!

13. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the same exact one. Its going to be a long 45 days plus shipping, but should be well worth the wait.

14. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

These didn't work for me, but its worth a try:
    SPOILME
    MACSTORIES

I have been waiting for a coupon. I'm trying to use a $100 American Express gift card, but the Top SP I want is exactly $105. I just need a small coupon haha. The black Top SP with a gray stripe is stunning in my opinion. I have owned a poorly-manufactured Red and Black last year that I had to return and the leather and design was excellent, so I'll give Vaja another chance for sure.

15. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Those codes did not work for me. I emailed Vaja customer service and there are no promos at this time. Oh well.

16. thetonyclifton thread starter macrumors regular

The blue case was sold with the 3GS but I did like it.

17. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Ivolution Grip all black. I've had one for iPhone 2G & 3GS. Great minimalist case. While I wait for the Vaja case, I'm using Apple Bumper or the excellent Sonix case for my iPhone 4.

I'm kind of a case junky and have used on 2G & 3GS as well Air Jackets, ISkins, And assorted others. My hunch is I will have a few of the 4 cases as well changing to suit my mood.

18. thetonyclifton thread starter macrumors regular

I am usually the same, although I am determined to change my ways :)

I always buy vaja but usually have a load more to change with..costs a fortune!

This time so far I have a bumper (which I will get the refund for) and a sena ultraslim - when the vaja comes I am planning on sticking with it full time - main reason I kept switching the last few times was because I went for the SP Top which would periodically annoy me with its bulk or top cover getting in the way.

19. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Does the flap really get in the way? That is my main concern with the case. I like the fact that the flap drops down. The flap could still be a little awkward, but maybe not as bad as having to pull the flap up like other cases.

20. thetonyclifton thread starter macrumors regular

The flap is definitely in the right place if there has to be a flap.

It is personal preference as to whether or not you want one at all.

Most of the time I was fine with it given the extra protection - but sometimes it just annoyed me and so I changed up cases for a while.

I did find it a nuisance folding it back during a call etc - or just letting it hang - this time I am going grip for this reason.

As I say it is down to personal preference and the level of protection you want.

21. walds11 macrumors 6502a

You are right, it comes down to personal preference. I don't see the Vaja Black Series case being an everyday case. Maybe a case that I use for work since I wear a suit everyday. I do like holsters, mainly for the ease of access, but the Vaja case will be a nice alternative. I may consider getting an ivolution grip case as well.

22. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Its been 17days since I ordered. I orderded the one with the grainy texture. It looks exactly like the LE 3G/3GS model. The wait is killing me. And the iPhone 4 is gonna be launched next week here. I dont know to get the phone and let it rot in the box till i get the case or get the case and then get the phone. I live in Singapore and im scared we have low stocks.

23. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

All I can say to those who have ordered is I hope for your sake the iPhone cases come faster then the iPad ones.

I placed my order on May 24th when the wait was listed at 30 days for custom order. An email yesterday to customer service puts the ETA for delivery at closer to 75 days.

Its been a long painful wait. I sure hopes its worth it.

24. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Wow, what a long wait. I hope it's worth it as well.

25. Maxwell1122 macrumors newbie

any idea if their cases address the "antennae-gate" issue... I want one bad but not if I get the same performance caseless or with the cheap case I have on now