Who Is Still Using 3G Iphone In Here And Not Like 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, Jul 3, 2009.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

Have anyone still keeping 3G iphone using and doedn't buy new one 3GS ?

i would said it a good situation to keep 3G now , 3GS too hot alot people have color change when using 3gs

2. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

I am:D
    my contract doesn't end until December, so I'm just going to wait it out until June.

3. kevink2 macrumors 6502a

I figure that, absent doing something like losing the phone, or breaking it, as long as I remain liking Apple's phone I'll do the every other model route. Bought my 3G in November 2008, so I'll look at the one available in July 2010 and see how it compares to my current model.

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Wow, I'm surprised you feel it's a "given" that everyone with a 3G will not only upgrade to a 3GS, but has already upgraded to a 3GS.

5. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

I am happily sticking with my 3G until the next iphone launch day. No problems here.

6. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Still have the 3G and had no interest in upgrading. The 3GS wasnt worth the extra cost to me, or extending my contract. So, I'll be in a good position next year or hopefully a much better phone.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Though eligible for my upgrade, I'm sticking with my 3G. I've been tempted to buy but the discoloration issue is a concern. While not wide spread, it is something that is a show stopper for me. This is the very reason I don't buy on day one. I need to let all the paranoids find issues and then I decide if they're a concern to me.

8. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I've only had my 3G iPhone for 2 weeks, so no I'm not switching yet :)

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

10. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

The 3gS is a must have in my book. Performance is 2 to 6 times faster than the g depending on the app running. Voice control, camera and video are outstanding improvements. Just buy it.

11. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

yes..but the only apps that realllly benefit this would be games..and most games run just fine on the 3G....for now...in a year more graphic intense games will come out..and hopefully an even faster iphone will come out with a longer battery life

and yes i know the 3GS is faster across the board..but it really takes off in games

as is most ppl that arent elgible for the upgrade..even tho i bought the 3G the week it came out..i will be waiting for the next gen iphone..

12. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Have you used a 3GS? Everything is faster. The instant opening of the messages app alone is well worth the cost.

13. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I dont think there's ever been one time that I have been in such a rush that the extra few seconds that my 3G takes to open an app has bothered me. A bump in speed for connecting to the internet(edge vs.3G) is one thing. A bump in speed of the OS in taking a few less seconds is not a big deal and IMHO, is not worth $199+ or the extra length of my contract.

14. chox99 macrumors regular

I went from 2G to 3GS. Although I like the speed+video+autofocus, I don't see me upgrading to 3GS if I have 3G. Most of 3GS features I don't even use. Sometimes I wish I have 3G and save $100 for accessories.

15. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I don't see why I would upgrade to a 3GS when my 3G works just fine and is still in good condition.

Why waste the money?

+1 to this.

I am eligible for the upgrade but why should I waste the money? I'm even getting my wife an iPhone and she's getting the $99 3G... why? because that's $100 bucks I don't have to spend and they are just fine.

16. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

I've done several side-by-side comparisons with a coworker's 3GS vs. my 3G and I do not find the 3GS speed improvements significantly noticeable for *most* things. Yes, very processor intensive tasks are certainly quicker, as is browsing on a WiFi connection (which I use my macbook for). But as soon as the connection speeds drop to 3G, the network seems to be the bottleneck rather than the phone based on most of the websites I went to in a side-by-side comparison. While the 3GS certainly boots up much quicker, I did not notice much of a speed difference in launching/using most of the iPhone's apps.

I'm not eligible for an upgrade until December, and I don't see a reason to take my upgrade then just to screw myself out of the next model that follows the 3GS. It's just not a big enough upgrade for me.

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

All this shows is upgrade-ineligible 3G owners are delusional and refusing to acknowledge the difference.

18. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i also went from 2g to 3gs. comparing it to the 3g i wouldn't pay money to upgrade. it comes down to a compass which i almost never use. on top of that many third part chargers don't work anymore.

19. izibo macrumors 6502

Everyone has their own opinion here. Some of the medical applications, like epocrates, open significantly faster (in the seconds) and are much more responsive. It used to take 20-25 seconds to pull up a drug mechanism of action or dosing recommendation and it now can be done in 10 or 15 seconds. Multiply that by 50x each day and you have an idea on why some people are really excited about the speed bump.

20. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Umm....no, it's not. $400-700 for a faster opening app is NOT worth the cost.

There are very few apps that actually take advantage of the 3GS's speed. By the time any decent ones come out, a newer, faster iphone will be only a few months away.

21. kvasir macrumors regular

I've still got my 3G which is not eligible for upgrade until March 2010. Somehow along the line, my line got switched from the primary line and I'm now the secondary line. Oh well, I'll wait until June/July 2010 for the next iPhone. I love the 3GS, but I'm not desperate to upgrade at this point. I've got other things I want to do with that money.

22. puliaficoc20 Guest

Though I am eligible I am sticking with the 3g because I was having a lot of drop call problems, so until At&t and me get those fixed I dont want to commit to another contract. Also I did want to upgrade just for the snappier phone and the digital compass but no really good games for me have came out or apps. And the TOM TOM app is still on hold for what ever reason, so by the time that stuff comes out there will be leaks of next years iphone:eek:

Then it would have been nice to have more apps that supported push notification and such and the new API's, but definitely push. They made it seem like hey if we release it now the world is going to end and like 3 apps actually support it that airnt even that great and dont even use that much push besides AIM. You think the APP store would have Push notifications for updates yet, but that doesnt, myspace and facebook dont either, alot of big stuff just doesnt have the support yet and its suprising. So really I do not want to invest in the phone when by the time the big improvements come out it will be by the next upgrade.

Also lots of problems with the actual phone itself but still love the phone

23. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

I still use a 3G...
    but not because i don't like the 3GS.

24. Que macrumors 6502

umm....yes, it is.

for me it is, was and shall remain worth it. it'll also be worth it when i get next year's model (should it be the new and improved model that cleans the house and walks the dog that most 3g owners are claiming it'll be).

don't bother getting into a discussion about if it's worth it or not, it's up to the individual so if you'd said that it wasn't worth it FOR YOU, it wouldn't have warranted a response but as you claimed it isn't worth it overall, insinuating that people that upgraded from the 3g (like myself) were wrong to do so, i felt the need to set you straight.

and ALL apps theoritically take advantage of the 3gs' speed, all of the ones i've used have opened faster so that's an advantage as i see it.

one last thing, you seem definite that the first "decent" app that will truly take advantage of the superior speed of the 3gs will be "only a few months away" from the release of the next iphone, what is the app and when is the next iphone coming out? the reason i ask is that you seem to be in the know.

25. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Another example of how 3G owners who are hesitating to upgrade to the 3GS are delusional. They seem to think the big improvements will come next year with the next update, when it could very well be a new case design and just a couple of new features like the 3G was over the original iPhone.

It's fine if you already have the 3G and don't want to spend the money for the same form factor, but don't fool yourself into thinking it'll be bigger or as big of improvements like 3GS is over the 3G. Apple could very well be on track to do the 2 year minor-major upgrade cycle, with a new form factor every other year and internal improvements in between.