who pays your bill?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acronym, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

as the title reads im curious as to how many people pay there bill or someone else pays it for you.

i pay mine.

2. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

So do I. I wonder who doesn't? I'd imagine parents pay their kids' cellphone bills, but those who cannot afford to pay their own cellphone bills should be content with bare-bone phones... at least IMO.

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Odd question, is this for research or really just personal curiosity?

Anyway, I pay our bills..

4. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Me?

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

6. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

Correct- my parents pay for my phone credit whenever I need it.

7. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!

My parents pay my bill for a few reasons
    1 I am only 14
    2 We are on a family plan
    3 It costs way less for us to be on an unlimited everything family plan than to pay for things seperately
    4 My parents prefer to have extreme privacy when it comes to financial matters.
    :)

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Gawd, I hate this question only b/c I'm the one that pays the bill for our Family Plan/Unlimited TM/1400 Anytime Minutes/7PM Nights & Weekends/(4) iPhones/M2M Unlimited/and whatever else like non-free apps/movies/music/TV shows...:eek:

9. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

Half and half for me. I'm on my parent's family plan, and I only pay for data and texting. Which reminds me, I owe my parents some money...:p

10. moka macrumors 6502a

11. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Just wanted to add that I do pay for all of my music, videos, apps, etc. No Limewire or relying on parents' credit cards. :)

12. Farns514 macrumors 6502

Farns514

Parents pay for the texting and minutes. I paid for the first years worth of internet and all the music and apps.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I pay everything, including the lines for my parents. Call it part of helping out for still living with 'em (you give me more money, I'll move out!).

I started off with my own Cingular phone plan about 5 years ago because I wanted to really have my own phone that wasn't prepaid. I was on Virgin Mobile, which was OK, but the phones were eh and the network was Sprint's "if you're near a big highway..." plan.

I got sick of my parents being on PAYG plans because they NEVER had their phones on. Got them on my plan, mainly due to defaulting by so-called friends of mine. It's $100/month for the three of us (1 iPhone, 2 other phones), which really isn't too bad. I have 5,000 rollover minutes and a unlimited minutes pretty much anytime that isn't peak time. I seriously can't use up my minutes quick enough.

I sure as hell don't think I'd ask my parents to pay my $65/month iPhone plan unless they were ridiculously rich. I just wish I used my voice minutes AND my data connection enough to justify it all. I use a fraction of what I am allotted. The day AT&T comes out with a cheaper data plan for less use, I'M ALL OVER IT.

14. ojstagg93 macrumors member

ojstagg93

i pay half being 15 35 bucks a month optus australia my mum pays the other 35 pucks

15. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

I pay one phone bill, work pays the other one

16. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

17. M0bile macrumors regular

My parents pay for $10 each month because that's what it was costing them for me to be on their Alltel family plan before I switched to AT&T. If I really needed it (especially if I can't find a job soon) I'm sure they'd cover me until I have a steady income.

18. yoppie macrumors 6502a

College student - parents pay my phone bill (Family plan) I pay all the other bills.

19. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I'm on PAYG, so I pay it mostly, but my parents may give me the occasional top-up.

20. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

My Dad pays mine along with my brother, mum, sister and his three phones!!
    aparty from my dad were all on 45pm tarrif - him - stupid ones like 75pm!!

21. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

My dad paid for mine, but it was a random gift. So I'm trying to save up to buy him a pay as you go one, and unlock it (hopefully), to return the favour.

22. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Damn, not only do I have to pay for my wife and I, I have to pay for the in-laws too! We're on a family plan - I don't know how I got suckered into paying their portion (they definitely do not have iPhones though).

23. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I used to have an individual plan- but the my Dad wanted an iPhone as well. So, I stick him on a Family Plan with me. I pay my share, and he pays his share. So we split the bill half and half. Works out well for us!

24. slop macrumors newbie

slop

I try to get my wife to pay my bills (we have seperate bank accounts), but I still working on it ;)