Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jashsayani

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2009
Redwood City, CA
DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!

My parents pay my bill for a few reasons
1 I am only 14
2 We are on a family plan
3 It costs way less for us to be on an unlimited everything family plan than to pay for things seperately
4 My parents prefer to have extreme privacy when it comes to financial matters.
:)

My parents pay mine too... Though we are not on a family plan (as there are no such plans in my country).

I'm just 17... :)

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008
not if your in college or just getting started you shouldnt have to

Umm no.

If you're in high-school, you're old enough to work part-time. If you're in college, you really need to work part-time.

Besides, for the people whose parents are paying, not sure why you need an iPhone. The iPhone is not exactly a cheap regular phone.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
you shouldnt have to

Ok, why "shouldn't" you have to pay your own bills that you create? Sounds as if you might be a little spoiled. Just getting started? So. Everyone goes through that. What makes you think you're so special that you don't have to pay your own way but that someone else should pay for you?

To think just because you're doing something that everyone else in the world goes through you shouldn't be responsible or have to step up and be a man...well that leads one to think you're neither.

Also, age has nothing to do with being mature or "a man". Its how you carry yourself and your actions. When mommy and daddy stop protecting you and you are on your own, then you're on your way.

Lastly, to the OP, I pay for my family on the family plan. But I am the only one with an iPhone 3G.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
I didnt realize there were so many young-uns here that still had their parents pay their bills. I knew there were some teens with iphones, but this thread really puts it into perspective how many parents buy their kids expensive phones or expensive plans! I have a 15yr old daughter and told her I would buy her an iphone for a Christmas/birthday gift when she could pay for the plan. Until then, she gets a free phone with a $10 plan.

So, I pay for my phone and phone plan.

eedna

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
my parents pay the amount they were paying before i got an iphone, and i pay the increase for the data plan and unlimited txts

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I got an iPhone first gen., my brother pays for our whole family (my dad, my mom, me, and his 200 txts and data plan.)

nice brother!

i pay for mine. wouldnt have it any other way

not if your in college or just getting started you shouldnt have to

really? why? I ask as i know i did. and for my education lol

sorry your logic doesnt make the greatest sense to me. sure i know some have it paid for by parents and are greatful for it but by no means should it be expected, but rather as a nice gesture by the parents

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
i pay for me, my sister, and 2 of my friends, but my sis and one of my friends pay me back.. other one is a cheap a$$ lol

all iphone 3g btw

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
Umm no.

If you're in high-school, you're old enough to work part-time. If you're in college, you really need to work part-time.

Besides, for the people whose parents are paying, not sure why you need an iPhone. The iPhone is not exactly a cheap regular phone.

paleaaaseeeee, i sell iphones to 5-10 yr olds all day, disposable income is disposable income. parents can do with it what they want.

u cant say half the apps werent made for kids anyways lol

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
paleaaaseeeee, i sell iphones to 5-10 yr olds all day, disposable income is disposable income. parents can do with it what they want.

u cant say half the apps werent made for kids anyways lol

So true. About 10 of my sister's 10-year-old friends have iPhones and she will probably get mine once I get a new one.

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ

+1

Get a job you damn kids, and get off my lawn!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.