Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
I have had all the large phones minus the X obviously. I’m liking the 12 so far. It’s like a mini version of the large version if that makes sense. It’s not as narrow as the the 11 pro / Xs/ x

Reactions: MacRealist91

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I'm actually enjoying my first day with this small form factor.. I do carry another phone daily so I'm good... But if you always liked larger phones you will feel it for sure...

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
sorry but if you’ve already made this decision in such a short time your mind was already made up before you got your phone.

Give it a little time to adjust. I honestly don’t notice almost any difference between my 11PM and 12P other than I probably hold the 12 a little closer to my face than I held the 11.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Main factor for me is battery life. Yes I’d miss the bigger screen size, but based on recent tests the 12 Pro has 2 hours less battery than the 11 Pro Max. And those were in heavy usage tests where the phone was basically being abused, I imagine the difference is wider with normal use.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
I’m really happy with the 12 Pro, it’s bigger than my X and not all that much smaller than the XS Max it’s replacing. I do have an iPad Mini 5 nearby most of the time anyway.

feel the same. The size difference really isn’t that much. The weight difference I’d massive. I had the 11 pro max and that thing was like a brick. I mainly use my iPad at home too.

joe8232

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2005
I had the xs max and picked up the 12 pro yesterday. The screen is ok, I did a bunch of side by side comparisons and you really don’t lose much information on the smaller screen.

that said I’m still thinking of returning, it’s just so similar I don’t think I can justify the price. I’ll give it a few days before finalizing my decision though.

I had the xs max and picked up the 12 pro yesterday. The screen is ok, I did a bunch of side by side comparisons and you really don’t lose much information on the smaller screen.

that said I’m still thinking of returning, it’s just so similar I don’t think I can justify the price. I’ll give it a few days before finalizing my decision though.
its a huge difference in my opinion.

Attachments

• 09A12A4B-EBDB-40E2-A1B0-F0BB9CFC9D79.png
    09A12A4B-EBDB-40E2-A1B0-F0BB9CFC9D79.png
    585.2 KB · Views: 273
My testing showed one less email or text thread in the lists. For text on websites it was maybe two sentences or so.

it’s definitely still an adjustment and not sure one I like.
I think we’re just used to owning big phones 😂 the problem will be fixed in 11 days haha.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
12 pro is a great size not much smaller than my 11 pm. The 12 PM looks to be to big, more like the note ultra size ... I feel that sooner or later phones will end up going back to the smaller sizes along with more folding phones...

Is that pic comparing the 12, 12 pro and 12 pro max? The XS max wouldn’t have as much info on screen as the 12 pro max, so the difference wouldn’t be as great between it and the 12 pro.
This is the article from Macrumors :)

[automerge]1603554093[/automerge]
12 pro is a great size not much smaller than my 11 pm. The 12 PM looks to be to big, more like the note ultra size ... I feel that sooner or later phones will end up going back to the smaller sizes along with more folding phones...
You also gotta think about the battery life and the camera system PM offers

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I have been wanting to go to a smaller phone for awhile now. I've had the 6+, 8+, 10x Max, and the 11 Pro Max.

I opted for the 12 Pro - picking it up on Monday. (Edit: Apple let me pick it up Saturday!).

I use my iPad Pro far more than any device that I have so I wanted something smaller, more mobile. Also, with my LTE watch I find I'm leaving my phone at home more and more...

I'm done lugging around a massive phone. Camera differences weren't enough to make me go 12 Pro Max.

If I didn't have a MBP and an iPad Pro - ... bigger phone definitely.

Last edited:

macnmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2017
Apple Park
its been less than 24hrs and im happy with the transition, due to current circumstances all the benefits i wanted out of the PM series like longer battery life and camera features have been rendered meaningless as im home 99% of the time and when i am out, i wish i had a smaller phone to carry around for emergency purposes, which the new 12pro is a great fit for... thats my personal take on the downgrade/sizing

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
This is the article from Macrumors :)

[automerge]1603554093[/automerge]

You also gotta think about the battery life and the camera system PM offers

Thanks. I was just asking because the person you responded to was comparing his 12 pro to XS Max, and I’m thinking his XS Max wouldn’t have as much showing on screen as a 12 pro max so not as much difference.

If there’s something in that article showing those two in comparison, I’m clearly clueless because I don’t see it. (not that that’s not a real possibility - I’m often clueless). ;-p

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
The 11 pm is really not that much bigger than the 12 pro, 6.1 vs 6.5 is not that much of a difference...
Maybe you can see more of a difference with 6.1 and 6.7 .. and that’s just screen size so the devices are even a little bigger than that ...
For me the 6.1 is amazing so far, and I keep my 11 PM for backup 😜

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I do and I'm returning. 12 Pro was good in concept and I justified it because I didn't want to wait two more weeks. But huge regret. Once u go big, can't go back. As much as I use my phone I need the extra real estate.

I knew I'd regret being impatient.
I am the opposite. I have always had a Max phone. Since they first came out. Last year I decided to trade my 11 max for an 11. And this year I got a 12 pro. And I now feel it is the perfect size. Maybe I would like it to be 6.3 inches. Instead of 6.1. But overall I now feel the max is too big. And the 12 pro is the perfect size. Not too big or small.

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
I bitched and complained for a year that the iPhone X was too small and when I finally got the XS Max for a year I couldn't stand the size.

Went to the 11 Pro and thought I made a mistake. Got the 11 Pro Max and took it back within a week only to stick with the 11 Pro.

Very happy with the 12 Pro. Even with my big hands (ask my wife), the 12 Pro is just perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.