Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Main factor for me is battery life. Yes I’d miss the bigger screen size, but based on recent tests the 12 Pro has 2 hours less battery than the 11 Pro Max. And those were in heavy usage tests where the phone was basically being abused, I imagine the difference is wider with normal use.
Battery is first on the list. Apple cutting battery size doesn’t make any sense

Reactions: m-a

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Battery is first on the list. Apple cutting battery size doesn’t make any sense
As someone who went from the 11 Pro Max to the 12 Pro, all this talk about battery life has me puzzled. Yes I expected worse but check this out:

B80BBBE4-4766-4971-AD82-7E94BE1B8AD5.jpeg
I’m very happy with this battery life. It’s within 10-15% of my 11 Pro Max easily. That and holding this is far more comfortable. Taking pictures far easier. etc.

Today marks a week of use for me. Loving it. I’ve watched YouTube videos, read 200 pages in a book, posted here, and read a lot of news. It is my opinion that battery life is a non issue.

Would I take a week battery life? Yea. Would it be comfortable to use and hold? No.

Edit: Typed on my 12 Pro. I find writing on this phone to be easier as well vs the 11 Pro Max.

macnmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2017
Apple Park
This is exactly how I’m feeling re: battery life and camera features. I’m even thinking a regular 12 is gonna be the best option, as I don’t need zoom a whole lot this year.

yeah i've actually decided to go back, my 11PM is almost the same with 5G being useless in my area... i did enjoy a smaller phone and the square edges but thats not enough for me to fork over north of 1k for

Vudols1

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2015
I have also been struggling with this decision since I received my phone on launch day. Surprisingly, I had no issues adjusting to the smaller screen after using the 11PM. I have come to appreciate the form factor the longer I use the phone. I acknowledge the issues (battery life, not the best camera available in this series, less content displayed on screen) but have decided to keep the 12 Pro rather than returning it for the 12 PM. I have been using my iPad Pro extensively so that may also play a role in my thought process. I think the camera on the 12 Pro is excellent for what that is worth and the design is excellent. Hopefully I will not change my mind in a few months!

Reactions: Boardiesboi

JeepGC

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I initially bought the 6 plus back in 2014 and returned it the next day because it was absurdly large for my taste, so I probably wouldn't regret it. I've used the 11 Pro Max and don't mind it, but it's waaaaay too large for me to put in my pocket every day.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Joho2078

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2019
They will have to pry my cold dead hands from my pro max!! On the other hand they are free to take my iphone 8 to the XR for the right price (tmobile)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.