Who Still Uses The 4/4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loon3y, Oct 10, 2014.

1. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

since its kind of the trend, id just like like to know.

and it'll be good as a developer to see if we should still support the 3.5 " screen.

Who still uses it? and how efficient is your 4?

i use the 4S as an overseas phone because its unlocked, its pretty frustrating because it lags and it does crash more often probably because of memory issue. But i still rather use my 4S then an android, when I'm traveling.

How about you?

2. JeremyE macrumors regular

My 18 year old younger brother uses my pretty old 4S. He complains about battery life though. Never about the screen size oddly but he's not really a technology guru.

3. Vladislav macrumors regular

Just upgraded a few weeks ago from 4S to iphone 6. Selling 4S to someone else. Anyway i think most 4/4S owners will upgrade this year

4. cynics macrumors G4

As a dev aren't you required to support the 3.5" screen since its on iOS 8?

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

I still use the 4S as my work phone. I don't use it nearly as much as my 5s. Seems to work fine, just a little slower than it was originally. Haven't upgraded to iOS 8 yet since I don't want to lose my jailbreak.
    Was thinking of upgrading so I could use the 6 and 5s instead, but I think I would rather get the watch instead.

6. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

Yes, but we just have to make it downloadable i believe. we haven't updated our current apps yet, but the next version we won't be optimizing for the 3.5" at all. Just a big headache with auto-layout and memory issues.

but definitely we're not going to perfect it for a soon to be obsolete phone. Its just not worth the labor.

----------

i forgot the battery on my 4S is horrid, especially when using data

7. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

my dad still uses a 4s. says he is going to upgrade to a 6 or 6 plus soon but who knows,he doesn't seem to complain about his phone much.

8. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Both my parents still use a 4S. My dad is still on pre ios7 because he hates the look of it :)

9. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I still use the 4S...

Okay, the battery is terrible, the speed I can live with, but it crashes now more than ever with iOS8. I don't mind the screen size much, but will probably upgrade to 6+ when it becomes available in Czech Republic.

Nevertheless, it's still a good phone after 3 years and unless you compare it side by side with other phones, the speed is alright.

10. madriven79 macrumors newbie

I still use my 4s, the battery is as good as it was when I bought it 3 years ago. It does not lag, it does not crash, looks brand new with no scratches and looks just beautiful. So please, continue app support for the 4s.

11. sboychuck macrumors regular

Our whole family is still on the "4". Have not upgraded since the "4" was released. I also have four UDP lines. Pre-ordered (full-price) four "6 plus's" on pre-order day and still have an expected ship date of October 24th. At this rate Verizon, I will be using the "4" for another month or so. Pre-order does not mean what it used to.

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Might be nice to have the battery swapped, or pick up a Mophie battery case.

13. ifanme macrumors regular

ifanme

4s is good with old IOS 6 but battery life is terrible with new IOS. My dad own 4s but not happy with battery performance.

14. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

my dad does, but he plans on getting the 5s soon as his work/personal cell.

15. Jonx macrumors 6502

Jonx

I've been using iPhone 4 ever since it's release.

It's battery is dying and home button is kind of non responsive at times, so hoping to upgrade to iPhone 6 next month or so.

16. yoyolove macrumors newbie

I'm still using iPhone 4s, and it is still very good. The only problem is battery life right now.

17. stillcrazyman macrumors 65816

stillcrazyman

My 4S still works decent with iOS8. Battery life is good for almost a day.
    The 30 pin power connector is flaky - likely because it's a big gaping hole for dirt and gunk. Other than that, I've had a bit over 3 years with this iPhone.
    I recently ordered a 6+ 128G. Still waiting for that to come into existence.

18. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I use my 4s exclusively as a drop cam now to spy on my dog

19. techspin macrumors 6502a

Lol how does this work?

20. blwade macrumors 6502

Work gave me an iPhone 4 for my work phone...

I have an iPhone 6+ for a personal phone.

I tried sending a text on my work phone the other day and wondered how I could ever use that keyboard again....

The iPhone 4 work phone will only be for calls ;)

21. mcorleone macrumors regular

mcorleone

I still have my 4S until my 6+ 64GB arrives from AT&T (Ugh!!!). Battery life isn't all that great; no better than my previous 3G. Other than that, I was content with it. And no dice on iOS 8! I'll deal with that when I get my new phone...

22. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I use a 4S because I can't decide whether to go with a prone-bending 6 or an age old 5S.

23. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I still use the 4S. I'd rather get a new phone but that's just fuelling my need for new tech.

If i'm honest with myself the phone is fine and works fine.

Its fine.

24. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Still have the following:

• iPod Touch 4th gen (iOS 4): used for running legacy Stanza 3.1
    • iPhone 4 (iOS 5): unlocked phone for overseas, used for running legacy Stanza 3.2
    • iPhone 4S (iOS 6): unlocked phone for overseas, used for running legacy Stanza 3.2

However, the only third party apps we use on the older iPhones when on vacation are Facebook and Viber (for keeping in touch with friends and family). Those and SpeedTest. :p

25. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

There is an App called "manything", its free.

I installed it on my 4s (and my IP6) and set up my 4s in camera mode and propped it up in here kennel area and thats it...

its a really cool free app and super easy to use. It even does motion recording for times you arn't watching.