Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
since its kind of the trend, id just like like to know.

and it'll be good as a developer to see if we should still support the 3.5 " screen.

Who still uses it? and how efficient is your 4?

i use the 4S as an overseas phone because its unlocked, its pretty frustrating because it lags and it does crash more often probably because of memory issue. But i still rather use my 4S then an android, when I'm traveling.

How about you?

JeremyE

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
My 18 year old younger brother uses my pretty old 4S. He complains about battery life though. Never about the screen size oddly but he's not really a technology guru.

Vladislav

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
since its kind of the trend, id just like like to know.

and it'll be good as a developer to see if we should still support the 3.5 " screen.

i use the 4S as an overseas phone because its unlocked, its pretty frustrating because it lags and it does crash more often probably because of memory issue. But i still rather use my 4S then an android, when I'm traveling.

How about you?

Just upgraded a few weeks ago from 4S to iphone 6. Selling 4S to someone else. Anyway i think most 4/4S owners will upgrade this year

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
As a dev aren't you required to support the 3.5" screen since its on iOS 8?

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
I still use the 4S as my work phone. I don't use it nearly as much as my 5s. Seems to work fine, just a little slower than it was originally. Haven't upgraded to iOS 8 yet since I don't want to lose my jailbreak.
Was thinking of upgrading so I could use the 6 and 5s instead, but I think I would rather get the watch instead.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
As a dev aren't you required to support the 3.5" screen since its on iOS 8?

Yes, but we just have to make it downloadable i believe. we haven't updated our current apps yet, but the next version we won't be optimizing for the 3.5" at all. Just a big headache with auto-layout and memory issues.

but definitely we're not going to perfect it for a soon to be obsolete phone. Its just not worth the labor.

----------

i forgot the battery on my 4S is horrid, especially when using data

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
I still use the 4S...

Okay, the battery is terrible, the speed I can live with, but it crashes now more than ever with iOS8. I don't mind the screen size much, but will probably upgrade to 6+ when it becomes available in Czech Republic.

Nevertheless, it's still a good phone after 3 years and unless you compare it side by side with other phones, the speed is alright.

madriven79

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
I still use my 4s, the battery is as good as it was when I bought it 3 years ago. It does not lag, it does not crash, looks brand new with no scratches and looks just beautiful. So please, continue app support for the 4s.

sboychuck

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Thousand Oaks, CA
Our whole family is still on the "4". Have not upgraded since the "4" was released. I also have four UDP lines. Pre-ordered (full-price) four "6 plus's" on pre-order day and still have an expected ship date of October 24th. At this rate Verizon, I will be using the "4" for another month or so. Pre-order does not mean what it used to.

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
4s is good with old IOS 6 but battery life is terrible with new IOS. My dad own 4s but not happy with battery performance.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
my dad does, but he plans on getting the 5s soon as his work/personal cell.

Jonx

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2004
I've been using iPhone 4 ever since it's release.

It's battery is dying and home button is kind of non responsive at times, so hoping to upgrade to iPhone 6 next month or so.

yoyolove

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
I'm still using iPhone 4s, and it is still very good. The only problem is battery life right now.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
My 4S still works decent with iOS8. Battery life is good for almost a day.
The 30 pin power connector is flaky - likely because it's a big gaping hole for dirt and gunk. Other than that, I've had a bit over 3 years with this iPhone.
I recently ordered a 6+ 128G. Still waiting for that to come into existence.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Work gave me an iPhone 4 for my work phone...

I have an iPhone 6+ for a personal phone.

I tried sending a text on my work phone the other day and wondered how I could ever use that keyboard again....

The iPhone 4 work phone will only be for calls ;)

mcorleone

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Florida
I still have my 4S until my 6+ 64GB arrives from AT&T (Ugh!!!). Battery life isn't all that great; no better than my previous 3G. Other than that, I was content with it. And no dice on iOS 8! I'll deal with that when I get my new phone...

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I still use the 4S. I'd rather get a new phone but that's just fuelling my need for new tech.

If i'm honest with myself the phone is fine and works fine.

Its fine.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013

Still have the following:

• iPod Touch 4th gen (iOS 4): used for running legacy Stanza 3.1
  • iPhone 4 (iOS 5): unlocked phone for overseas, used for running legacy Stanza 3.2
  • iPhone 4S (iOS 6): unlocked phone for overseas, used for running legacy Stanza 3.2

However, the only third party apps we use on the older iPhones when on vacation are Facebook and Viber (for keeping in touch with friends and family). Those and SpeedTest. :p

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Lol how does this work?

There is an App called "manything", its free.

I installed it on my 4s (and my IP6) and set up my 4s in camera mode and propped it up in here kennel area and thats it...

its a really cool free app and super easy to use. It even does motion recording for times you arn't watching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.