Who took the day off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Razeus macrumors 601

I did. I have my little home office setup that I use for my side business such that I can see traffic coming to my driveway so it's a win.

I know my UPS and FedEx people have a nasty habit of just putting the slip on the door - not even attempting ring the doorbell/knock. Sometimes they just leave my packages by the door and not even knock/ring doorbell. Pretty much anything to were they can keep their deliveries moving to eliminate time needed for coming to the door.

2. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

I didn't, but I have someone who will be at my house all day, if needed. I just wish I would get a shipping confirmation so I know if that needs to occur or not! Ugh.

3. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I did! And, doing so has caused time to pass more slowly by at least a factor of 5. Of course, once I actually leave work and start my long weekend it'll begin passing at 5X faster than the normal rate and it'll be Monday before I know it.

:::::shakes fist at time:::::

4. Akack macrumors 6502a

Kinda, but then again I don't work on Fridays.

5. bullseyetech macrumors member

bullseyetech

6. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

7. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I wish I did, mine is scheduled to deliver tomorrow. I doubt Fedex will leave it at the door. It's listed as overnight shipping, which fedex will deliver on Saturdays, but can see online that it has a note for weekday delivery.

8. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

i have the same exact experience with them here also, but I caught them in the lie when the iphone 6 launched last year, since I already knew he was just going to put the note on the door and not even knock, I prepared myself and moved a surveillance camera to the front window next to the door, as soon as I heard the truck i started to record, I went ahead and allow him to get inside the truck and drive off, just Enoch for me to catch up to him. Then I asked him "Dude, you didn't even knock", he had the fresh face to tell me that he did, and I said really? Look at this, and I showed him the video, now he ALWAYS knocks after that. So yes they are slick !

9. juliebeannn macrumors member

juliebeannn

i did but really just to avoid the massive traffic that the pope will be bringing to nyc tonight/tomorrow.

10. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

11. cmcclure88 macrumors member

cmcclure88

I didn't take the day off, but I did swap shifts with someone later in the day so I could go pick it up in the morning and have a few hours to play with it. :D

12. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

I didn't take the day off, but I will be working from home to make sure I am there when the UPS guy shows up.

13. ricktat macrumors 65816

Iphone day is a holiday for me. Plenty of vacation time to take the day off.

14. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Friday is my day off at work so I didn't have to. haha

15. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Have a reservation at the apple store. Therefore, so not rushing and doesn't matter too much if it takes longer than expected. Took day off as got plenty of leave left and can have long weekend off.

16. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Once they attempt delivery call and hold for pickup. Pick it up that evening if you're able to.

17. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Oddly enough you can print the presign for package from apple's website this year.

18. Zafla macrumors member

Zafla

I didn't take the day off but I'm getting off early around 10:45-11:00 and speeding home. Will have someone at my house just in case they come earlier but I don't think they will.

19. geobrian macrumors member

20. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I don't really have a need to work, so it's easy for me to chill out around the house and wait for Big Brown.

21. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I would never take the day off as they are being delivered to the office! One of my employees is going to camp out so I let him off on Friday if he sent pictures of the mayhem!

22. CodeSpyder macrumors 6502a

CodeSpyder

23. ItsmeKT macrumors newbie

ItsmeKT

I was going to work from home to wait for it but my UPS deliveries are always in the afternoon so I am picking it up at the UPS Customer center in the morning and then i'll go work at a store. I make my own hours because i'm a Retail Merchandise vendor, should be a good day haha

24. starbryte macrumors newbie

starbryte

Unfortunately I was a dummy and did not preorder. So now I do not know whether to go to the Apple store or to the Best Buy store. T
    The Apple store is located inside of a mall so they do not allow any kind of camping out. Basically at 5:45 you are allowed to go to the door and wait to be let inside.

It seems Apple is the place for me to be one of the first 3 to 5 people in line if I want to get my 128 rose gold plus. It seems like the 64 is the model everybody wants.

I'm just scared of going somewhere and having them tell me they do not even have one rose gold plus. There is an AT&T store by my house that does not have one rose gold plus in stock. Not one. Yes, I have this on very good authority. I will be updated around 930 tonight but it's already 4 PM Eastern standard time. I feel kind of bad for people who are going to be there early they will be disappointed.