iPad mini Who will be lining up for the iPad mini?

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Nope! I am preordering, I have schools and other things to do than camping out... I have life (no offense :) )

Last edited:
Comment

Nautilus007

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
If I happen to be free that morning I may but I'm probably just going to order it to make sure it doesn't sell out

Comment

John Adams

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Fort Worth, TX USA
Waiting in line can be a fun experience if you go with people. My girlfriend and I both had the day off when the 3 came out so we went.
Two-hundred people camped all night outside my local BB in 40-degree weather to get their iPad 3. I slept in my own warm bed, went to the store after lunch and got my iPad 3.

Comment

Red05

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
I was going to say camp out, but that would be crazy. I was shooting for maybe about 4 hours in line.
Despite Apple's propensity to (deliberately) create inventory shortfalls and artificially inflate demand, this one is going to be a very hard sell. These are going to be plenty available to anyone who wants to just stroll into the Apple Store anytime on or after release date.

Comment

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Why not just preorder ?
I work a block from the apple store. I'll skip my morning jog this day. I may just wait around 5-6am, get my ipad, walk home, change, go to work. It's a nice experience and what else am I going to do in the morning? I'm up by then anyway.

Comment

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
I'll definitely be lining up......empty coffee cups on the lounge table as I wait for the posty :)

Be a while yet though, have to wait the two weeks (hope it's earlier!) as I'm going cellular this time, made the mistake of going wifi only with the 3. Big mistake, I find tethering a complete ballache and it kills my phone battery. Never again. Data sims are absolute peanuts here in the UK, so cellular, while a price hike, is a no brainer for my usage. Doubly so given the size of the Mini, I'll be taking it everywhere like my Tab 7.7 running cm10.

Been looking at the physical dimensions, the mini is 0.06" wider than my Galaxy Tab 7.7. Ppi drop aside (the 7.7 is 196), that's pretty impressive considering the boost in screen size and, more importantly, it'll still fit easily in a coat pocket! Woo, it's the one thing about the 7.7 I love (that and the 1280x800 samoled+ screen), I was a bit concerned the 4:3 ratio would scupper that.

It's also 28g lighter and .03" thinner, which is impressive as, hardware wise, the 7.7 is ridiculously light and thin already. Actually, the 7.7 is so well designed hw wise, the match of any Apple product I've owned, Samsung really ought to promote that design team ahead of the plastic-forever crowd. I'm over simplifying, but still.

Comment

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Why not just preorder ?
Waiting in line is kinda fun (would not camp out though). Meet new people, chat about Apple products. My gf and I waited for iPhone 5 but not doing that for the Mini. I'm going to walk in Friday afternoon and if they have some, I'll check it out first.

Comment

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Waiting in line is kinda fun (would not camp out though). Meet new people, chat about Apple products. My gf and I waited for iPhone 5 but not doing that for the Mini. I'm going to walk in Friday afternoon and if they have some, I'll check it out first.
At this point, I may not camp out. I just scored an iPad 3 pretty much mint condition for $200. I'm going to walk into an Apple store that afternoon and check out the mini. I wanted the mini at first but the price of the 3 caught me.

Comment

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
No, they would have to be giving them away for free to entice me to stand in line. I preordered and will wait patiently at home.

Comment

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2011
Waiting in line can be a fun experience if you go with people. My girlfriend and I both had the day off when the 3 came out so we went.

Life's gotten busier since then so I probably won't do it in the future.
Such a waste of time. Just pre-order and then get together with these same people doing something productive. Waiting in line by choice is just..wow.

Comment

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
I pre-ordered, as the thought of sitting out in freezing cold weather with a bunch of strangers just isn't fun to me.

Comment

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
To be fair to OP, the initial batch of preorder Minis is long sold out. If you preorder now, listed time is two weeks before it ships.

So now the only sure way to get one on Nov 2, is to wait in line and buy one on Nov 2, or buy one on Ebay/Craigslist for an inflated price.

Comment

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
To be fair to OP, the initial batch of preorder Minis is long sold out. If you preorder now, listed time is two weeks before it ships.

So now the only sure way to get one on Nov 2, is to wait in line and buy one on Nov 2, or buy one on Ebay/Craigslist for an inflated price.
You won't have to wait in line.

Comment

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009

Or walk into a store of your choice at a reasonable hour and buy one. The demand isn't THAT ridiculous that there will be a massive rush making them impossible to get like the iPhone 5.

Comment

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
I've never waited in line, so it will be a first for me! That, and the fact that I have to exchange my current iPad, so I didn't get to pre order

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.