Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Just wondering who, come June 24th, will be owners of both an iPad and an iPhone 4, representing the best that Apple has to offer!!! :D :)

Which device will you use internet for mostly? As beautiful and CRISP as the iPhone 4 screen is, the iPad will still be the better browser experience with its large screen, so I will probably use iPad more for the net, and the iPhone for everything else.

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008
honestly, i dont believe the ipad is really up to par yet

in my opinion when the pull out ipad 2 it will be such a crazy upgrade people will be kicking themselves because they have to sell their original ipad to buy it

im sure it will have a camera for facetime, and a lot of features to make it seem like it is worthy of replacing a laptop or something

still, i dont see myself ever getting one, ive bought ipods and iphones, the ipad seems like a large ipod touch and it seems like a waste to have an ipad and an iphone

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007

in my opinion when the pull out ipad 2 it will be such a crazy upgrade people will be kicking themselves because they have to sell their original ipad to buy it

im sure it will have a camera for facetime, and a lot of features to make it seem like it is worthy of replacing a laptop or something

still, i dont see myself ever getting one, ive bought ipods and iphones, the ipad seems like a large ipod touch and it seems like a waste to have an ipad and an iphone

I agree with you on this one m8, at present the iPad doesn't offer enough for me to put away my laptop or not buy an iPhone. The second edition of the iPad should address some of these areas but it will always seem like a large iPod Touch with a few more features.

Lamarak

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
Please stop making threads. They are all pointless and 75% of them end up in the wasteland.

Kinda wished you take your own advice and leave forum policing to the actual people in charge.

I will also have both. I use my Ipad in college alot and love the battery life it has. Also wonderful for reading web pages for research.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Kinda wished you take your own advice and leave forum policing to the actual people in charge.

I will also have both. I use my Ipad in college alot and love the battery life it has. Also wonderful for reading web pages for research.

LOL thanks!

I don't see how this topic is offensive... Just asking a question to see what people will own both devices.

It's no more pointless than the many "White or Black iPhone?" threads that are made here every day. :rolleyes:

rmatthewware

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
Yep, this is the year of Apple for me. I had been debating on whether to get a laptop or not, then the iPad came out. I know some people think I'm stupid for this, but the iPad works better for my mobile purposes than a laptop. Anytime I need a serious computer, I use my desktop. The iPad is great for vacation and other mobile needs.

It's time now to upgrade from original iPhone to the new model. The Edge network just isn't fast enough to be useful on the go, and the original iPhone processor is just getting bogged down by some of the new apps.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
cheapest wifi model for ipad then MyWi for the iphone.... best combo ever hah!

I'd love to get both but it would seem a bit ridiculous, but still it would be awesome to have both, i played with an ipad at a best buy and i was so tempted to buy it haha.

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
The iPhone is NOT 4G, its just the iPhone 4. I already have a killer combo...an iPad and an HTC Evo. My Evo can run my iPad on 4G too :)

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010

I will have no regrets if the come out with a iPad 2 as I have enjoyed, to no end, the iPad and have already got my money's worth!

iPhonetherefore

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Taunton UK
Me too!

I will be one of the lucky ones with both come the end of the month. Have bought a 21.5" iMac + 32GB iPad this year so far and will be getting a 16GB iPhone 4 to complete the collection! Will struggle to convince the wife I need anything more for a while I think!

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Me and my wife both will. Just sold the MacBook pro and picked up a Mac mini to do all the syncing.

PorterRocks

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Idaho
Add me to the list. I'll have my iPad for mobility around the house and my iPhone for everywhere else. For me, it's the perfect combination. :cool:

BeckyG

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
My husband and I are 'sharing' the iPad currently (even though I tried to convince him we both needed our own), but we are both upgrading to iPhone 4s as 1st wedding anniversary gifts to each other. How romantic...

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
Considering an iPhone 4G doesn't exist...

What do people not get about the fact there is no 'G' on the end? It's a whole other "iTouch"/"iPod Touch" debacle.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Considering an iPhone 4G doesn't exist...

What do people not get about the fact there is no 'G' on the end? It's a whole other "iTouch"/"iPod Touch" debacle.

:rolleyes:

Your day to day life must be PRETTY mundane if something like this bothers you and causes a stir.

You KNOW what I meant. You did, and so does everybody else. And another thing? iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch... *exhales* iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future

Your day to day life must be PRETTY mundane if something like this bothers you and causes a stir.

You KNOW what I meant. You did, and so does everybody else. And another thing? iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch... *exhales* iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch iTouch

YOu have a lot of breath if you can exhale after saying iTouch that many times.

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008

please stop making threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.