Who will stay with iOS 4.X.X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spectrum Abuser, Oct 2, 2011.

?

Will you upgrade?

1. I'm updating right away!

75 vote(s)
    75.8%
  2. I will, but only after a jailbreak is released.

16 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. I will update eventually.

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. I will not update at all/cannot update.

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

With the GM release of iOS 5 expected on Tuesday and the public release the following week how many of you will be sticking with iOS 4? I myself have been a Jailbreaker since iOS 2, but will be upgrading to 5.0 the day it comes out regardless of the exploit status unlike last year when I stayed on 3.1.3 until Comex released JailbreakME. And If you are using an iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2nd generation I suppose you are stuck on iOS 4 so not much to say there.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I have no reason to stay, so I'll upgrade my 3GS.
    If/when I get my iPhone 5, it'll be on 5.0 anyways. Might have to wait a bit though until i get one

3. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I am going to stick with 4.3.3 until I see a jailbreak.

4. johndoe588 macrumors regular

I'll wait for some reviews but 5 will have to really be something to give up my jailbroken 4.3.3. If a jailbreak comes quickly I'll make the switch.

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

As I don't depend on JB in will update as soon the new version is out.

Ah, and a poll would be nice

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

If I have learned anything from MR, its that I should wait and let others suffer through a new version. Apples not doing well in this area lately.

I will also not upgrade until there is a untethered jailbreak.

7. androiphone macrumors 65816

no way, I'm going to iOS5 asap, get my free me.com email address, use iMessage, delta updates (which I hope will allow apple to address security issues quicker i.e. the compromised certificates that are still enabled from a few weeks ago)
    I don't JB anymore so that doesn't factor in for me.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

We get a free me.com email address?

Oh and I'm upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 as soon as it comes out too. Then pre-ordering the next iPhone whenever that's available

9. shandyman Suspended

yep, iCloud email is a me.com address and it's free

10. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'm running iOS 5 on my dev phone and I haven't touched by personal phone in months. iOS 5 is fairly stable and with notifications I have no reason to jailbreak anymore. I'm upgrading as soon as the GM is released.

11. dakduel macrumors member

ill be upgrading my iPad to get my free mail account and my iPhone will be staying at 4.3.2 until a JB is released.

12. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

That's cool. Will we have to use it when syncing stuff in iCloud or use our itunes account?

13. shandyman Suspended

Your Apple ID (eg me@gmail.com) is still the iCloud login, so nothing changes in that sense, just that when you turn on email, you're asked to pick an iCloud email address (me@me.com), unless you change your Apple ID to your iCloud email, your Apple ID for iTunes and iCloud remains what it was (me@gmail.com)

14. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

count me in, i'll stay with my 4.3.3 as long as my iphone works. The day it dont work anymore, maybe then i buy a new iphone, we'll see..

15. Spectrum Abuser thread starter macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

16. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I'm staying on jailbroken 4.1 fw / 1.59.00 bb

In case they do release something interesting, I may run a clean 4.1 install, maintaining the bb so I can sell it with the ability to be unlocked.

I have my phone heavily modified to fit my needs, and really don't feel like updating, running through all of it again, and running into things that may not be compatible.

Not to say I'm above anyone else - but 4.1 has done me justice and rather stay safe than sorry. Even then, this iPhone 4 is doing my great justice (since for me it was an upgrade from a 2G), so even though anything afterwards will be better, the 4 is still solid for times to come.

17. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I don't need anything making my 3gs any slower than it already is. I'll stick with my 4.3.3 JB.

18. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

I need the tethering available via Cydia so I can connect with my HP Touchpad, so until someone can jailbreak iOs 5 I'll probably just patiently wait to upgrade.

19. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Will wait and see the reviews of iOS 5 but most likely going to upgrade after an untethered JB comes out.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Only way I'm upgrading is if I get a new phone.

Currently, I'm jailbroken and unlocked on my iPhone 3G, runnign 3.1.3. Works fine for me, so no reason to until new hardware comes out... then I'll evaluate.

BL.

21. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

How hard would it be to upgrade to the GM when it becomes available? I know you do not need UDID registration so anyone can install it, assuming I have a friend to get the file from. Would the transition from GM to Public be smooth or would it be a pain? I just want to make sure I would not lose any data or risk anything going on with the phone

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

For me iOS5 seems to offer enough changes for me to hold out a couple of months for a untethered JB.

Things I'll miss the most in the mean time would be 3G Unrestrictor, SBSettings, iProtect, iFile.

I refuse to JB tethered cause out & about way too much to risk my phone being crippled until I get home.

23. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I'll wait until the Jailbreak, I have to have 3G Unrestrictor

24. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

I dont jailbreak anymore so all my capable devices will be upgraded to iOS 5 as soon as possible.

25. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

waiting until i can update with preserving my baseband :) which probably wont take long at all