Who Will Win the BCS?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iDAG, Jan 6, 2008.

?

Who Will Win the BCS Championship?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2008.
  1. #1 OSU

45.8%
  2. #2 LSU

54.2%
  1. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

We all know that tomorrow night #1 OSU and #2 LSU will play for the BCS title. So I want to know what people think on Mac Rumors about who will win. Look at my location and you should be able to figure out who I think will win. :D

2. match311 macrumors member

I hope its LSU. But if they lose it better be a respectable loss unlike the other BCS bowl games. We need a playoff!

3. ZenErik macrumors 6502

4. esco macrumors 6502

esco

If OSU loses for the 2nd year in a row, I might have to start taking Prozac

I'm from Cleveland, so this was what I experienced as a Cleveland and Ohio sports fan in 2007:

1. OSU destroyed by Florida in BCS Bowl
    2. OSU loses to Florida in NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship 75-84, making that the 2nd time in one year that Florida upset the #1 ranked OSU
    3. Cleveland Cavs swept in first NBA Finals ever by the Spurs
    4. Cleveland Indians up 3-1 against the Boston Red Sox in American League Championship Series, Red Sox end up winning series 4-3, go on to sweep Rockies in World Series (Cleveland hasn't won since 1948, despite going in 1995 and 1997)
    5. Cleveland Browns have their best season since 1994 with a record of 10-6 and barely miss the playoffs

5. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

I really feel for you and the Brownies. I was rooting for them to make the playoffs all season, and they were almost a sure thing to make it! I can't believe it didn't happen. :(

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

7. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I'm a homer, so I am going to have to say OSU. I think they will win if their defense shows up and plays well. If they play like they did against Illinois, forget it. It will be another embarrassing loss for the Buckeyes.

I also agree that there needs to be a playoff.

8. carlgo macrumors 68000

Only saw OSU on tv once this year and they looked pretty solid. Hope they beat LSU cause of all the continual SEC bragging.

If there was a playoff, USC would win it this year.

9. chriswheat macrumors regular

Huge OSU fan here..I think they can probably win it. I'm really tired of them getting into these games though where they really shouldn't be...

I want them to play in the Rose Bowl and just be content with that...

And yes, we need a playoff system. This BCS stuff is crap, and I've even got a team that managed to get to the championship...

10. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm a big tigers fan, and i hope they work on osu so we don't have espn and the such trying to take our ap trophy away to usc just to be stupid like they did a few years back. we'll show everyone tomorrow that we deserve to be the national champs despite all of their whining for other teams.

after michgan and their underachieving selves won a big bowl game, everyone went on the big 10 bandwagon for some stupid reason, even though it's not that good. the sec's middle would crush the big 10's middle easily. and we're 7-2 in bowls, soon to be 8-2, and to think, we have 10 teams in bowls.

espn is in love with usc for some stupid reason and it's annoying. i would rather see uga preseason #1 because i know we won't be.

and yes, we need a playoff, the purity of bowls is gone, and what we have left is a second rate system, one that rewards second rate work.

11. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

My wife teaches at LSU so I am pulling for the home team. I am worried about how LSU's rush defense does against OSU. If they can handle this well, then they will win handily.
    Geaux Tigers!

12. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

13. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

I-O!

I am of course a buckeye fan since im a student here in columbus.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Did you actually think you were going to win that series after going up 3-1? :D

15. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Or thereabouts. :D

16. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

I just hope everyone remembers that 6 out of 9 times, the underdog has won the BCS game in the past. Bad memory from last year :(, but that gives me great hope for tomorrow! :D

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That's what my 2006 was like.
    My 2007 was WAY better!
    Kimi Raikonnen won the WDC, Red Sox won the World Series, Revolution made it the MLS Cup Final, only to lose a 3rd straight time (*cough*Bills*cough* :rolleyes: ), Pats undefeated, Cowboys have home field advantage through the NFC title game, Celtics are beating damn near everybody, and the Bruins are at least much improved over last year, and fighting for second in their division.

Anyways, I don't care who wins, the BCS is ****ed up anyway.

19. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

i don't like ohio but i think they will win, I'm hoping LSU comes out ahead and by far.

20. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

21. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'd hope OSU doesn't get their ass handed to them like last year.

23. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i really hope they do ;)

24. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

I really hope they don't :cool:

25. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i see, considering you live in Ohio. and i don't blame you for that. I, on the other hand, live more in the South, and would rather see the SEC team win. and i really just think that Ohio State is over rated, and i had a roommate once that loved them....