Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who Will Win the BCS Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
I'll be cheering for my Buckeyes! But as for who will win... I don't know anymore. I was sure Miami was going to win in 2002, and I was sure OSU was going to win last year. As the saying goes 'Any given (in this case) Monday.'

As for the BCS system, I think it needs to be redone, but not necessarily a playoff. I just don't think a playoff will work. Who makes the playoffs? If you take the top 8 or 16 then the debate of 1 and 2 goes to 15, 16, 17 and 18. And what about seeding? You'll have the same arguments for seeding as well. The best way would be to have a playoff within each division and the winner move on to a national playoff, but then you get into problems with independent schools and the season length.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I'm posting this from the Superdome tailgating area (big LSU fan), so I would say I'm inclined to believe LSU will win!:cool:

I would otherwise be scourged if I publicly said anything else.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
LSU takes it and the beloved SEC can put another trophy on our shelf.

jon

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
The #1 Defense in the nation allows 35 points?
Yes. They haven't proven anything to me in the last 2 years. That #1 defense is a bit misleading IMHO because they play a soft schedule. Last season, before playing the final two games, the most points they gave up to a team was 17 (Iowa). Then, they gave up 39pts to Michigan and 41 to Florida. Misleading defensive ranking? Oh yeah.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Geaux Tigers...

I'm just sick of OSU. They didn't even play the last week and still made it in to the championship. **** that.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
kansas should totally get a shar if lsu wins

i mean only loss is to #4 mizzou at time and beat #3 vtech. had highest scoring offense at only gave up like 15pts/game. AND in BIG 12 not the wac or mountain west but big 12...a power conference

lsu and osu had losses to unranked teams LATE in season

if kansas was usc they would be sure of getting a split title. man school names are important

so GOOO LSU

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
kansas should totally get a shar if lsu wins

i mean only loss is to #4 mizzou at time and beat #3 vtech. had highest scoring offense at only gave up like 15pts/game. AND in BIG 12 not the wac or mountain west but big 12...a power conference

lsu and osu had losses to unranked teams LATE in season

if kansas was usc they would be sure of getting a split title. man school names are important

so GOOO LSU

but who did they play during the season?

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
but who did they play during the season?

who did osu play?

i mean kansas played in the big 12. KILLED everybody they played and came down to an onside kick against a very good missouri team and then beat vtech (everyone thought it wasnt gonna be a game since vt was for real haha)

here's an interesting article

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfb/entries/2008/01/04/should_kansas_s.html

and lsu has 2 losses which is sad right there to be a national champ. i mean they are the first team ini bcs history to reach nc game with 2 losses. they lost to arkansas which was killed by missouri which helps ku's cause as well

ku schedule

osu's schedule

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
who did osu play?

i mean kansas played in the big 12. KILLED everybody they played and came down to an onside kick against a very good missouri team and then beat vtech (everyone thought it wasnt gonna be a game since vt was for real haha)

here's an interesting article

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfb/entries/2008/01/04/should_kansas_s.html

and lsu has 2 losses which is sad right there to be a national champ. i mean they are the first team ini bcs history to reach nc game with 2 losses

ku schedule

osu's schedule

yeah i know. neither team played anybody

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
It looks bad right now for OSU at the half but I believe that they can make a comeback if they really believed they could!;)

iSaint

macrumors 603
LSU takes it and the beloved SEC can put another trophy on our shelf.

jon

Hey, iJon! Long time no see. I thought your coach may have saved his rear after killing my Bulldogs, then LSU. I can't believe he went to Ole Miss that fast. I haven't heard much good about him. I think Ole Miss is paying some big money without checking on him very closely.

Geaux Tigers!

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
hahaha OSU ass ****ed themselves with that last roughing the kicker penalty.

31-10 now

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Why do they need to stop the clock to reset the chains in college play. It doesn't take that long to do in the NFL.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
How many horrible championships will it take for them to fix the system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.