Who's buying the new MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kajitox, Jun 5, 2007.

1. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

I'm getting mine as soon as humanly possible. New LED displays, faster processors, new GPU...I'm definitely purchasing one.

2. leprechaun8942 macrumors member

I am leaving right now to go to my local Apple store to pick one up.

3. CV4 macrumors member

Right here.

Base model. Everything I asked for. So happy.

4. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I want one. So bad. Can't spare the cash, unfortunately.

New LED displays? Did I miss something...?

5. klymr macrumors 65816

I don't know whether to buy it now, or wait to see if they ship with new software after WWDC. Would they really do that to us?

I don't know which one to get either. I like the new "high resolution" model. That's a great option. I also like the 160gb 7200rpm HD. Question though is this, how much faster is a 7200rpm drive over the others? I heard that when rendering videos, etc. that it is a lot better to have a faster HD. Anyone know how much faster?

What should I do here?! Buy now or wait yet another week?

6. bgerber macrumors newbie

Too Many Years Spent on the Bleeding Edge

I definitely want a loaded 15" MBP but I'm going to watch reports from you eager first owners to make sure that Apple has improved the manufacturing quality of these laptops. My ideal scenario will be to buy the last 15" MBP that ships with Tiger since I don't like to pay to be an OS beta tester either.

I will probably place my order in September.

Good luck one and all.

7. PDE macrumors 68020

Does anybody know if they are available in Apple Stores yet????

8. coop80 macrumors newbie

Whats the difference between the LED displays?

9. kajitox thread starter macrumors 6502a

kajitox

The press release says they are in store, but does not clarify if they are "shipping" to stores, or if they're actually there. I'm going at lunch to get mine, so I hope they have them!

LED displays means truer colors and longer battery life.

10. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Leopard?

11. bgerber macrumors newbie

No, Tiger. What I would prefer is to have a nice, stable OS (like Tiger) on my new MBP and then upgrade to Leopard after the initial shake out of that new, and very cool OS. I'll probably upgrade in early 2008.

12. tejota1911 macrumors 6502

I've decided to wait until Leopard to upgrade. I was waiting to see what all got updated. There are some nice improvements, especially the 8600m graphics card, but nothing I can't live without. The truth is my MacBook Pro C2D is more than capable of doing everything I need it to do. Besides, if I upgrade now, I'll be kicking myself in a few months when they redesign the case and include Leopard. For now, I'll order the new Seagate Momentus 7200.2 160gig drive and be happy with what I have. Congrats to all who are ordering the MacBook Pro. It looks Sweet!

13. coop80 macrumors newbie

Thanks Kajitox.

Up until today I'd pretty much decided on buying a top spec macbook as the only significant difference between that and the pro was the graphics card which didn't justify the £300 price difference.

Now that they've improved the spec of the pro and reduced the price i'm now tempted by the macbook pro.

I'm so confused!

14. Scaryclouds macrumors newbie

Everything I could of hoped for from the update!

Thank god they put an excellent video card in there as well :D

EDIT:
    You know they should of dropped the price on the high-end 15" model. Before it would come with a slightly faster processor, and extra GB of ram, a larger harddrive, and 128 more MB of vram. Now both the low end and high end start with the same base of 2 GB of ram.

They should of cut $100 to $150 off the high end mac model. Considering the standard (desktop version) of this card has 256 MB vram and costs around $150...

15. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Mid-range 15" model for me! It'll be perfect for college this fall.

16. elithrar macrumors 6502

elithrar

Just ordered. 2.4Ghz, 15" MBP w/ 2GB RAM & 160GB 5400RPM HDD. 15" In-case sleeve, 8GB red nano, wireless mighty mouse. A$ 3,806.95 after student discount.

17. quik macrumors regular

Mine is ordered! (Low-end MBP)

Also ordered the free iPod.

Can't wait :)

18. coop80 macrumors newbie

Will these badboys be powerful enough to run Logic Pro?

19. leprechaun8942 macrumors member

I just got off the phone with Apple customer support and they said they wont be available in stores for at least another week :(

20. Mistershark macrumors regular

I'll be ordering one either this week or in July.

21. munckee macrumors 65816

I was in the same boat last week, but decided that even with the expected upgrades, I would be fine with the MacBook. In fact, I purchased a refurb with slightly lower spec than the most recent update. Having seen exactly what the updates have shaken out to, I'm very happy with my decision. I saved $950 over the bottom end MBP and I think I'll be just fine.

22. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

23. clinto89 macrumors newbie

clinto89

ordered about 5 minutes ago...4GB ram its going to be absolutely stupendous!!:apple: :cool::)

24. robk macrumors member

I going to be getting the low end 15 inch with glossy screen and 3 years apple care via the UK education store, waiting till after WWDC to see if that reveals anything new such as a new ilife or something, also I won't have the finances till then anyway.

I hope apple introduce the ipod rebate in the UK too.